Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

COYC19

Zero West Han fans got to celebrate that last minute top bins finish at our place.

Fucking brilliant.

0 minute journey home and didn’t have to put up with any shit. Just carried on drinking.

2020 continues to provide top notch entertainment for all.

Still love you Spurs you bunch of fuckwits.

May be but if we use it positively, it might be as good as a quality signing.
Agreed, and our run and current form has been good, but an opportunity lost like this early in the season tends to haunt us in the end.....a lot of football to play, and there will be many shocks this season and crazy score lines so we just have to keep going on the front foot.....Jose has to be still wondering what his best team is and over the coming weeks he should be settled....

There was a mix of problems.

- Playing for a cleansheet in the second half
- Taking off Ndombele for Winks
- Kane hungry for his hattrick
- Players wanting to give Bale his moment

In my opinion.

Mourinho really should have taken Kane off for Vinicius. Fuck the hattrick. Kane will get over it and be even hungrier next game to get one. Ndombele off was a travesty, unless he was injured. Which we now know he wasn't.

But we learn from it.

The Bale euphoria is over and done with now. Right, he's back. He's now played for Spurs again. Lo Celso should be back next week, so hopefully he starts with Ndombele or one is on the bench to replace the other (or their partner) and keep up the ability to resist the press and progress the ball forward.
I don't think Kane looking for a hat trick was anywhere near as much of a factor as some people are suggesting. He spent large parts of the second period defending in his own half, making some strong defensive moves too. Literally prevented at least one goal.

And it's not like he just stopped trying to play in other people. I can only remember one instance of him shooting instead of taking a clearly better passing option, yet he was still very unlucky not to get the hatty at the end of it all. His all-around play was invaluable in sections of that second half.

We all know that. But that attack all the time mentality he picked up in Madrid will need to go if he is to stay under Jose. 92nd min you should be running into the corner not trying to grab the headlines. It doesn't matter that he should have scored but that he even tried. If he does that we win.
Remember he got told off by Harry R for that, too.

Just calming down enough to post. Been away so I've missed a lot of what's been happening. Is Doherty injured? And I've no idea who this Rondon guy is. Sounds like the monster from Godzilla.
My personal takeaways from this game are fairly simple.
We STILL don't play a game of 2 equal halves. Why is it that one half is so often better than the other? No consistency.
Playerwise, although I have taken flak over a couple of seasons for my opinion of Sanchez, I still feel we will never be a serious challenge with him anywhere near the squad. It's important for all the players to show some intelligence but I've given up with him and Serge.
I'm not even sure he has any real ball skills.
Aurier also continues to make stupid mistakes. He's too wild and is always a danger for giving away kicks, penalties etc.
Thought Bale showed he still has all his ability but needs time. He will come good. I have no doubt.
We are now running like a Rolls but with a couple of Ford spare parts. Never reaching it's potential We need to replace those parts with originals. not after market stuff.
Even in the splendid 1st half. on the occasions they attacked. our defense looked wobbly and Moyes saw that.
That's why they came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half. If we continue to play Sanchez, Aurier, and Sissoko, we won't challenge for much. OTOH, with stronger cleverer players and the strength of the rest of the squad, we really should be challenging for the title. City and Pool are off the boil. Woolwich are 2nd rate. Scum are ordinary at best.
If we don't throw away points like this. then they won't come back to bite us in the arse later in the season.

Off to India on Tuesday to try and slow the virus which is spreading at an astonishing speed out there. Looking forward to the food!!! Cricket, not football over there.

Spurs can do it this season, especially CL qualifying but that back line has to change.
God speed. Good luck with the covid and masala

There was a mix of problems.

- Playing for a cleansheet in the second half
- Taking off Ndombele for Winks
- Kane hungry for his hattrick
- Players wanting to give Bale his moment

In my opinion.

Mourinho really should have taken Kane off for Vinicius. Fuck the hattrick. Kane will get over it and be even hungrier next game to get one. Ndombele off was a travesty, unless he was injured. Which we now know he wasn't.

But we learn from it.

The Bale euphoria is over and done with now. Right, he's back. He's now played for Spurs again. Lo Celso should be back next week, so hopefully he starts with Ndombele or one is on the bench to replace the other (or their partner) and keep up the ability to resist the press and progress the ball forward.
Central midfield is much of a problem as the central defense.

Winks, Sissoko, Sanchez and Dier need to be upgraded.

To be fair I think that's what he was trying to do in bringing Winks on. Retain possession and gain some control. Lo Celso will definitely help us with this.
Yeah, something we need to work on. I am sure he was hoping winks would do that but I think it's a weakness to mourinhos style of play. Possession comes very low down on the list of priorities.

I don't think Kane looking for a hat trick was anywhere near as much of a factor as some people are suggesting. He spent large parts of the second period defending in his own half, making some strong defensive moves too. Literally prevented at least one goal.

And it's not like he just stopped trying to play in other people. I can only remember one instance of him shooting instead of taking a clearly better passing option, yet he was still very unlucky not to get the hatty at the end of it all. His all-around play was invaluable in sections of that second half.
Agree with this.

Yes, Kane should perhaps have been a bit less selfish at times but he and the other attackers did their job and got 3 goals which should be enough to win any game.

The defence conceding 3 on the other hand is a bad day at the office, even worse when those all came after the 82nd minute

Agree with the ‘moments’ these players were involved in that lost us this game but initiative was handed to West Ham by questionable tactics after going 3-0 and by the way we set up 2nd half
We were struggling from the beginning of the second half to be honest.

I don’t know if we came out to defend our lead. We should have just done what we were doing in the first half, Poch’s teams always went for it right until the end, hence we had those 5 nil or 6 nil games.

Just calming down enough to post. Been away so I've missed a lot of what's been happening. Is Doherty injured? And I've no idea who this Rondon guy is. Sounds like the monster from Godzilla.
My personal takeaways from this game are fairly simple.
We STILL don't play a game of 2 equal halves. Why is it that one half is so often better than the other? No consistency.
Playerwise, although I have taken flak over a couple of seasons for my opinion of Sanchez, I still feel we will never be a serious challenge with him anywhere near the squad. It's important for all the players to show some intelligence but I've given up with him and Serge.
I'm not even sure he has any real ball skills.
Aurier also continues to make stupid mistakes. He's too wild and is always a danger for giving away kicks, penalties etc.
Thought Bale showed he still has all his ability but needs time. He will come good. I have no doubt.
We are now running like a Rolls but with a couple of Ford spare parts. Never reaching it's potential We need to replace those parts with originals. not after market stuff.
Even in the splendid 1st half. on the occasions they attacked. our defense looked wobbly and Moyes saw that.
That's why they came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half. If we continue to play Sanchez, Aurier, and Sissoko, we won't challenge for much. OTOH, with stronger cleverer players and the strength of the rest of the squad, we really should be challenging for the title. City and Pool are off the boil. Woolwich are 2nd rate. Scum are ordinary at best.
If we don't throw away points like this. then they won't come back to bite us in the arse later in the season.

Off to India on Tuesday to try and slow the virus which is spreading at an astonishing speed out there. Looking forward to the food!!! Cricket, not football over there.

Spurs can do it this season, especially CL qualifying but that back line has to change.
What are you going to be doing in India mate?

When ndombele went off it fell apart
Only a few games in and already he is showing that he will be crucial for us this season. Once he went off, we just couldn’t hold onto the ball in the middle of the pitch:
I think Jose has learnt 2 things today

1) Dier cemented as number 1 CB - he liked Dier anyway but now im sure it’s gonna be Dier and one more

2) One of Ndombele or Lo Celso need to be on the pitch at all times. Hojberg played well first half and was snuffing out danger well but the rest of them are playing like the ball is a timebomb - just getting rid of it anywhere. NDombele, Lo Celso and of course Kane (though clearly not a midfielder) are the ones that seem totally unfazed with the ball at their feet whilst surrounded by 3 opposing players in the middle of the pitch

Jose had every right to believe we would hold on to 3-0.
It's sickening typing that sentence.
Bale and Winks were smart subs.
But why the fuck Lucas as the last sub? 10 mins to go.
We're 3-0 up. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Back
Top Bottom