Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just calming down enough to post. Been away so I've missed a lot of what's been happening. Is Doherty injured? And I've no idea who this Rondon guy is. Sounds like the monster from Godzilla.
My personal takeaways from this game are fairly simple.
We STILL don't play a game of 2 equal halves. Why is it that one half is so often better than the other? No consistency.
Playerwise, although I have taken flak over a couple of seasons for my opinion of Sanchez, I still feel we will never be a serious challenge with him anywhere near the squad. It's important for all the players to show some intelligence but I've given up with him and Serge.
I'm not even sure he has any real ball skills.
Aurier also continues to make stupid mistakes. He's too wild and is always a danger for giving away kicks, penalties etc.
Thought Bale showed he still has all his ability but needs time. He will come good. I have no doubt.
We are now running like a Rolls but with a couple of Ford spare parts. Never reaching it's potential We need to replace those parts with originals. not after market stuff.
Even in the splendid 1st half. on the occasions they attacked. our defense looked wobbly and Moyes saw that.
That's why they came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half. If we continue to play Sanchez, Aurier, and Sissoko, we won't challenge for much. OTOH, with stronger cleverer players and the strength of the rest of the squad, we really should be challenging for the title. City and Pool are off the boil. Woolwich are 2nd rate. Scum are ordinary at best.
If we don't throw away points like this. then they won't come back to bite us in the arse later in the season.

Off to India on Tuesday to try and slow the virus which is spreading at an astonishing speed out there. Looking forward to the food!!! Cricket, not football over there.

Spurs can do it this season, especially CL qualifying but that back line has to change.
I actually blame you Spanners. We were on fire while you were working your 18-day stint, you decide to slack off and see what happens.

Up your game doctor

We all know that. But that attack all the time mentality he picked up in Madrid will need to go if he is to stay under Jose. 92nd min you should be running into the corner not trying to grab the headlines. It doesn't matter that he should have scored but that he even tried. If he does that we win.

Absolute bollocks. One of the most stupid posts i've read on this forum and that's saying something.
:mourfacepalm:

Jose Out boys spunking their beans - must have been blue-balled with how we've played in recent weeks.

Dinosaur tactics? We're a footballing Tyrannosaurus and we're still winning the league.

Too annoyed to post anything coherent.

Or on a quality of the midfield

Press resistent midfielders would keep possession and see the game out.

Dinosaur tactics of seeing out games by completely surrendering possession against inferior oppositions didn't help either.
PEH, Tanguy, Kane, Son to some extent, were playing possession-based in second half. Sadly, the others (Berg, Moussa, the back-line) didn’t do so - or have the skill to.

Bales thinking should have stayed on the bench at Madrid

reguilon didn’t give away tow stupid fouls when there players was going no where and they scored from both
He could have when he got lucky in the second half, but generally, he was too far out of position to give away the free kicks. I think he needs benched until he gets fully fit and fully up to speed with the needs of a full back.

This result was the most Spursy I can think of. Well, we didn't lose 3-0 to them, which happened the last time when I was this optimistic.
Maybe too young to remember the City cup game!

Fuck me, I've got to laugh or I'll cry. That result was just beyond belief. Honestly can't think of any other big club who would screw up 3-0 on 80mins. Really thought we were done with this nonsense under Jose.

Back
Top Bottom