Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bearing in mind they're all one big flip-flopping, yay/boo clusterfuck; perhaps Admin Admin can merge the Sanchez, Winks, Aurier, Dier & Sissoko threads...... :)

All this clicking between them is very tiresome.

While I am a believer that Sanchez gets an unfair deal on here, I'm not blind to his faults.

However like the Bergwijn deal where our scouts watched us against PSV and must have got Lozano and Bergwijn mixed up, I can't help but feel our scouts watched Ajax and got Sanchez and De Ligt confused.

Davinson shouldn't be made a scapegoat for today's result. He and Toby were handling West Ham (and Antonio specifically) pretty well. His own goal was disappointing but he needed to put something on it to stop a guaranteed goal behind him.

Aurier committing stupid fouls to give away dangerous free kicks and the inability of a Sissoko-Winks CM partnership not to get overrun was more to blame.
Appreciate the reasoned points, but Sanchez was well shaky today. All over the place in the first 5 mins. And that own goal was a real shocker. Just needed to meet it with a firm header, no stretch required, but instead glanced the fucker inexplicably in the bottom corner. Certainly not the only guy at fault for today's farce that I can agree on.

Appreciate the reasoned points, but Sanchez was well shaky today. All over the place in the first 5 mins. And that own goal was a real shocker. Just needed to meet it with a firm header, no stretch required, but instead glanced the fucker inexplicably in the bottom corner. Certainly not the only guy at fault for today's farce that I can agree on.
The ball was played in at pace from about 8 yards away at an awkward height, if he didn't make contact it was a goal anyway. Let's be more worried how easy West Ham got in to the edge of the 6 yard box to cross the ball.

While I am a believer that Sanchez gets an unfair deal on here, I'm not blind to his faults.

However like the Bergwijn deal where our scouts watched us against PSV and must have got Lozano and Bergwijn mixed up, I can't help but feel our scouts watched Ajax and got Sanchez and De Ligt confused.
The fuck we got colour blind scouts now?

He is easily bullied against a strong CF and his distribution is awful with many misplaced passes. His strength is his speed against a speedy forward and should only play against that opposition and never against strong CF's. Dier and Toby just clear the ball and do not risk passing it to Sanchez.

Twice in the 1st minute. Twice.
I remember the bad old days of Kyle Walker having at least one chronic brain fart every match. Eventually Poch managed to eradicate that (well, OK down to once every 5 matches or so). Harry and AVB didn't improve him in that respect one bit. But he was a couple of mill from lower league Sheff Utd. Sanchez is £42m from the Europa Finalists.

Well, he'll either get that drummed out of him or sorry mate on your bike. Absolutely not acceptable at this level.

And Toby is past it.

But when I stated this all summer everyone was screaming for a back up striker.

It’s unbelievable - we saw how bad the defence was last year and yet Skrinar was seen as a nice bonus
I actually started a thread about our center half options that's how concerned I was. To me this is the new fullback crisis in waiting. We have not one elite level option at center back , they are all wanting in one area or another. We are down to hoping poor Rodon settles in to the EPL with exceptional ease.

The whole point of him was that he came in young and fresh and would use his Ajax connection to learn his trade from the best 2 CBs in the prem and eventually take over the reigns when they grow old. That time has come and he has obviously learned nothing. He has no redeeming features. Never looks confident. Doesn't offer any goal threat at the other end - which is odd for a CB built like he is. He can't even say he hasn't had a chance like Wimmer before him.

I've been desperately willing for him to come good since we signed him, but he's a dud unfortunately.

The whole point of him was that he came in young and fresh and would use his Ajax connection to learn his trade from the best 2 CBs in the prem and eventually take over the reigns when they grow old. That time has come and he has obviously learned nothing. He has no redeeming features. Never looks confident. Doesn't offer any goal threat at the other end - which is odd for a CB built like he is. He can't even say he hasn't had a chance like Wimmer before him.

I've been desperately willing for him to come good since we signed him, but he's a dud unfortunately.
Pretty much this, hope he's not a dud but he really is running out of time on that one.

What I find frustrating is we knew exactly what type of CB would fit well into a Poch team - someone comfortable on the ball, good passer, good control, in a team a lot of the time bossing possession.

He's just not that type of player and absolutely never was. Who's pick was that one?????

I actually started a thread about our center half options that's how concerned I was. To me this is the new fullback crisis in waiting. We have not one elite level option at center back , they are all wanting in one area or another. We are down to hoping poor Rodon settles in to the EPL with exceptional ease.
From one game to the next, I struggle to work out what the pecking order should be. The 3 of them fry my head.

I remember last season when lots of us realized Toby wasn't good enough anymore (whats probably true), but now he's our best CB. Our defense is a calamity and I wouldn't mind If we sell all our CB's apart from Rodon and Tanganga that hadn't opportunities till now. In fact I wouldn't be surprised If Mourinho starts tô test Davies in defense.

The reality is that if we hadn’t paid 42m for him he’d be nowhere near our first team.

If he was coming through our academy he’d be behind Tango. He’s an elite athlete but not an elite footballer.

He always makes me nervous which is a very bad thing for a CB.

His passing is woeful but could live with that if did the other things right. However, he's so weak, erratic, error prone, etc. Reserved judgment on him initially as young, but can anyone honestly say he's got better? Not for me. Not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom