Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks fans are really more like a Winks cult these days.

He could put the ball in the back of his own net, knee slide and rip of his top to reveal a Woolwich one, and they'd still be saying "the boys need time bruv!"

Hysterical

Winks fans are really more like a Winks cult these days.

He could put the ball in the back of his own net, knee slide and rip of his top to reveal a Woolwich one, and they'd still be saying "the boys need time bruv!"

Hysterical
You're being too harsh HS. Winks is still young. Give him time to settle. He's an England international you know!

You're being too harsh HS. Winks is still young. Give him time to settle. He's an England international you know!
waynes world GIF

The problem with Winks is he is just demonstrably worse at practically everything compared to Ndombele, Lo Celso and Hojbjerg. He's not as good at retaining the ball, he's not as good at progressing it, he's not as good at breaking up play, he's not as good at defending deep. He's just a very average player that should be used in League Cup/FA Cup matches against Champo and lower sides.

I will never doubt his commitment like I never doubted Mason or Carroll, but every player has his level and unless Winks is okay with being a fringe player at a club like Spurs he won't have a place here.

Winks should have just hoofed it yes but he was still fouled
I don’t think he was tbh. There’s no rule that says the Spam player has to step aside and let Winks waltz Out of defence & through the midfield.
Id be the first to be ranting obstruction, but I think it’s clutching at straws. He stood his ground because Winks was trying to be clever instead of fucking leathering it anywhere.
And I don’t even blame Winks for the result. A lot of them played their part in this calamity.
We obviously thought we were out of sight after 20 Minutes and allowed them to keep plugging away. We should have kerb stamped them back to Stratford rather than give them any hope at all.

I don’t think he was tbh. There’s no rule that says the Spam player has to step aside and let Winks waltz Out of defence & through the midfield.
Id be the first to be ranting obstruction, but I think it’s clutching at straws. He stood his ground because Winks was trying to be clever instead of fucking leathering it anywhere.
And I don’t even blame Winks for the result. A lot of them played their part in this calamity.
We obviously thought we were out of sight after 20 Minutes and allowed them to keep plugging away. We should have kerb stamped them back to Stratford rather than give them any hope at all.
Fair enough but I disagree in that I thought Winks was obstructed deliberately
He should have cleared it though before then but Harry should have made a better defensive header etc

Lightning won’t strike twice again and we go on

Fair enough but I disagree in that I thought Winks was obstructed deliberately
He should have cleared it though before then but Harry should have made a better defensive header etc

Lightning won’t strike twice again and we go on
Agree to disagree on the obstruction point. I’m also looking for reasons/excuses to justify how this all fell to bits today.
The truth is we invited them on when we should have never taken our foot off their throats and got undone by a fucking last minute thunderbolt

Agree to disagree on the obstruction point. I’m also looking for reasons/excuses to justify how this all fell to bits today.
The truth is we invited them on when we should have never taken our foot off their throats and got undone by a fucking last minute thunderbolt
Not so much invited them on as they really raised their game and we got a couple of tough decisions go against us and missed a couple of nailed on chances
Think Sonny first half which would have made it 4-0
Harry hitting the post
Bale should have buried that chance challenge or no challenge but with players like Sanchez Aurier and Sissoko we’re always going to walk a tightrope even when they do the occasional good thing

Good performance from Tanguay a highlight

Not so much invited them on as they really raised their game and we got a couple of tough decisions go against us and missed a couple of nailed on chances
Think Sonny first half which would have made it 4-0
Harry hitting the post
Bale should have buried that chance challenge or no challenge but with players like Sanchez Aurier and Sissoko we’re always going to walk a tightrope even when they do the occasional good thing

Good performance from Tanguay a highlight
I see it more as we allowed them to raise their game when we really had them done and dusted.
Agree about our missed opportunities. Kane was different gravy and must be seething at how it ended up.

I see it more as we allowed them to raise their game when we really had them done and dusted.
Agree about our missed opportunities. Kane was different gravy and must be seething at how it ended up.
Do you go along with some comments that he was a bit selfish going for his hat trick rather than securing our win?

Hes a goal scorer so bound to be selfish
Goes with the territory
Remember Defoe?

Two points dropped imv and those fuckers must have thought it was Xmas

Do you go along with some comments that he was a bit selfish going for his hat trick rather than securing our win?

Hes a goal scorer so bound to be selfish
Goes with the territory
Remember Defoe?

Two points dropped imv and those fuckers must have thought it was Xmas
No I don’t go along with it. He’s every right to go for his hat trick & put them to the sword . The team, not just Harry was responsible for not securing the win. It should have been game over. Our in game management is still poor at times (my biggest criticism of Poch was his in game management) & I suppose if you were being harsh, you could include Harry’s moment in that. But It’s a collective effort that led to that abomination at the end. And a one in a thousand wonderstrike that could not have beaten Hugo unless it went exactly where it did. It was (grudgingly spoken) a magnificent goal.

Back
Top Bottom