Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway we are 2 points behind Liverpool and if we stay in that parameter or better we will
have a great season.
Bale ain't nowhere near fit yet he nearly scored a classic goal.

I switched off at 3-2 because it was obvious what was happening.

I then had the Livescore tracker up because I couldn't bear any pictures or sound. Then obviously the third went in which will be a goal I never see.

Stayed away from the phone for a few hours after and I think that helped it not affect me as much. Helps to soften the blow.

Anyway despite the Harry and Son magic show Sanchez had me nervous from the first minute. It really amazes me that someone has made it to the top level with such erratic technique on clearances.

There was one moment where he just hoofed it out for a corner and you could see Toby was baffled, it was genuinely just as easy to put it out for a throw.

From reckless sliced clearances to silly needless fouls to terrible distribution to weak aerial challenges, you will never really feel comfortable defensively with him in the team.

He wasn't helped out by being played on the left and I'm not quite sure why that's happened.

It's not just down to him but he contributed massively to the general nervousness of the team and I bet Rodon is licking his lips at the level of the centre backs at this club. I reckon he becomes a starter a lot sooner than most people imagine.

Someone that can actually win headers and exude a level of composure will be a massive upgrade right now.

In spite of how thoroughly fucking pissed off I am at that capitulation, 999/1000 times Lanzini does not hit a thunderbolt right into the top corner with the last kick of the game from 40 yards out.
It should never, ever have got to that stage in this game, but fuck me, he caught it as well as he could have - even with Winks toe poking out to him at the perfect speed and angle to let rip.
So fucking annoyed at that second half (& will be skilfully avoiding that twat next door for a while)

I think on balance I actually prefer it when we are shit, I found peace after the Everton game, I'd come to terms with the fact this season was going to be the same old pony as last year, then we get a few decent results and have a great transfer window, I couldn't sleep last night through nerves and as soon as the first West Ham goal went in I knew it was going to be a draw. It was unshakable inevitable feeling that I can only get with Spurs. Just knew it deep in the bones.

At least if we were shit there would be no hope.

Spot on.

Immediately after the game I was thinking why do I have to go through this endless torture?

I had written the season off after Everton but we go and have that great week and I get fully onboard the title train.

I am working on letting it affect me less though... I think it's improving.

Just seen MoTD

Sissoko and Aurier giving away senseless free kicks with the attacker going nowhere

Mourinho really needs to kick some arse here, schoolboy errors. That's not a manager's fault, that's fucking idiocracy defending

Unlucky not to get a 4th, Kane then Bale

Then a worldie that once in a 100 goes in off the bar. Most often ends Row Zed.

Cut out those errors, we've got a great chance to have a great season

Spot on.

Immediately after the game I was thinking why do I have to go through this endless torture?

I had written the season off after Everton but we go and have that great week and I get fully onboard the title train.

I am working on letting it affect me less though... I think it's improving.

Yeah its the tease that does my head in, get a fucking good sniff of it, and then blown out just before entry.

Every single time

Well, the way I am looking at it is that it's better to get our bad luck out of the way early.
Are Liverpool gonna start crying their eyes out coz they were robbed of the win yesterday by VAR?
If we don't have the mental fortitude to get over this blip then we don't deserve anything.
I thought Jose dealt with the press afterwards really well.
That's football.

In spite of how thoroughly fucking pissed off I am at that capitulation, 999/1000 times Lanzini does not hit a thunderbolt right into the top corner with the last kick of the game from 40 yards out.
It should never, ever have got to that stage in this game, but fuck me, he caught it as well as he could have - even with Winks toe poking out to him at the perfect speed and angle to let rip.
So fucking annoyed at that second half (& will be skilfully avoiding that twat next door for a while)
THIS! Lloris made an incredible dive as well to cover the whole goal except a tiny little postage stamp in the corner. Some days you just have to question what he have done to deserve Spurs.

Still fuming and this one is gonna take a while to shrug off.. One positive I can take is thank fuck I wasn't there - that journey home would have been horrific.

Simply have to stop throwing games/points away. That's it. No more Spurs ffs.

Still fuming and this one is gonna take a while to shrug off.. One positive I can take is thank fuck I wasn't there - that journey home would have been horrific.

Simply have to stop throwing games/points away. That's it. No more Spurs ffs.
If I could click agree to every point I would.
Gutted I couldn't be there for Bale's return. Delighted I didn't have to travel home in silence, and that I could just slam the laptop closed and storm off to the kitchen to get pissed.

Our home form this season is fucking wank
True, but given the small sample size of 3 matches that'll turn around very quickly. Besides, all three are pretty explainable beyond the pure result:

1. Lost to, as it turns out, a very good Everton side. We were poor, definitely our worst performance of the season, and hadn't made all our signings yet. It was still a close game.

2. Smashed the ever loving fuck out of Newcastle and somehow only led by a goal before a widely condemned bullshit VAR handball penalty.

3. Today, initially blew West Ham away and then collapsed in the most improbable fashion to draw. You wouldn't have those last ten minutes happen again if you ran the match 1000 times - but for the finest of margins we would be discussing a good win that made us sweat at the end.

While I do think home advantage has gone out of the window while stadia are empty, the '2 points from 9' narrative for our PL home games really doesn't tell the whole story.

What’s the most disappointing is since we went 3-0 up, Kane hitting the post and Bales late effort (I may have missed one) was the only two chances we had in 70 mins of football....they totally bossed us 2nd half.....this game had 6-0 written all over it and a statement made, but 3-3 was never on the cards, we simply collapsed, and in my opinion that collapse is the worst I’ve seen in living memory, considering how long was left and who the opposition was....

I’ve seen worse mate

losing 4-3 home to ManC and Keegan after going in at ht 3-0 up and playing against 10 men with Pleat in charge takes some beating

They didn’t boss it either and were extremely fortunate to get some decisions such as the fouls on Bale as he was going to pull the trigger and Winks for their last goal

We should have buried them
Jammy pikey cunts

Back
Top Bottom