Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How is he ?
I'm not blaming him for this goal, but he should have been closer to Regui and Lucas, as we had Hojbjerg and Sissoko to close on Rice if we got the ball. And those two are also out of position as they were in the same place where only one player was needed, probably we should had at least one of Hojbjerg, Sissoko or Winks closer to Regui and Lucas to avoid the cross. Pure shite defending from everyone involved as they managed to get a cross in a situation where we had 9x4 in the beggining, but if we had to blame someone I would blame Lucas for simply let the players past to him with ease, what's pretty ridiculous for a player that came 10 minutes before.
EDIT: And obviously Sanchez, as it was a very easy situation to deal with.

Last edited:
I'm not blaming him for this goal, but he should have been closer to Regui and Lucas, as we had Hojbjerg and Sissoko to close on Rice if we got the ball. And those two are also out of position as they were in the same place where only one player was needed, probably we should had at least one of Hojbjerg, Sissoko or Winks closer to Regui and Lucas to avoid the cross. Pure shite defending from everyone involved as they managed to get a cross in a situation where we had 9x4 in the beggining, but if we had to blame someone I would blame Lucas for simply let the players past to him with ease, what's pretty ridiculous for a player that came 10 minutes before.
That's very fair and a good point.

I thought it was a 2 year loan?

Wasn't aware they could recall him before the 2 years.

Apparently they can.

I am guessing that the terms are that they are allowed to recall him within 2 years.

18 month loan.

...It's probably by mutual agreement, but theoretically you can put whatever terms you like into a contract.

Last edited:
Can’t believe Reguilon is already being linked to going back to Real, we should have had a clause about the duration of his loan...
I thought it was a 2 year loan?

Wasn't aware they could recall him before the 2 years.
18 month loan.

...It's probably by mutual agreement, but theoretically you can put whatever terms you like into a contract.
Reguilon isn't on loan, he is a permanent Spurs player, it's just that Real have a "Buyback" option that expires in 2 years. Apparently neither Reguilon nor Real would agree to the transfer without it.

This is all coaching and becoming comfortable with the team. He obviously has the instincts. He will come good-way good.

Reguilon isn't on loan, he is a permanent Spurs player, it's just that Real have a "Buyback" option that expires in 2 years. Apparently neither Reguilon nor Real would agree to the transfer without it.

My mistake..... Thought we were taking about Gedson going back to Benfica.

What's the story with RM wanting Reg back already? Any links?

Player comes... couple of decent games and the media whip things into a frenzy to create headlines. Are RM really going to transfer a player then demand him back within a month? His abilities aren't suddenly on display, he has played well previously. I choose not to believe this at the moment, would be pretty messed up if true.

Actually he's quoting SportWitness who have taken an As story and cherry picked it to come up with a more dramatic sounding version of it.

I've just read the original article (which I can only find in Spanish for the moment), it focuses on Marcelo's decline and his poor game in the defeat to newly-promoted Cádiz at the weekend. It says that Zidane must have something against him to first loan him out and then sell him but that Madrid included a buy-back clause set at €40 million, €10 million more than we paid for him, that neither player nor Madrid would agree to the deal otherwise. They describe it as making good economic sense, but very bad sporting sense. It finishes with the sentence "We'll see what Zidane thinks in the Summer".

All well and good, there's nothing in that we didn't already know, nothing in the article that is wrong or wild conjecture and not the first time by any means that As have published a piece that is critical of Zidane.

Player comes... couple of decent games and the media whip things into a frenzy to create headlines. Are RM really going to transfer a player then demand him back within a month? His abilities aren't suddenly on display, he has played well previously. I choose not to believe this at the moment, would be pretty messed up if true.
He obviously doesn't get on with Zidane, otherwise why would they sell him , even with a buy back after his last season? I just hope Zidane stays at Madrid for the next couple of years and that the club are already scouting out another attacking LB incase he does go back in the summer, i'm not sure exactly how the buy back fee works, but i'm hoping they could only buy him back at the start of the summer window , and not come in at the last hour and buy him back leaving us with no time to get a replacement in!

Back
Top Bottom