Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes losing 3 goals after the 80th minute won't happen to us again. My point abou running into the corners is that bale run. it's 3-2 in the 92nd minute. Just isn't necessary to go for goal although he showed magic to get in. Sometimes at that moment the real magic is doing standing and covering the ball and let yourself get fouled, play it short...we'd have definitely have won if that was the case. Not completely his fault but people seem to pick on each player that was guilty of doing something on the leadup to every goal. For me that was one of them too
Up to a point i'd agree.... but imagine if Bale had've done that... we'd be bemoaning the fact that Jose had already turned him into a Welsh Fellani!!

To be fair to Bale (and most of our expectations) a player with his ability was simply attempting the one thing he knows how to do, that would ultimately kill off the game... and that was to try scoring a 4th!

I don't, nor won't blame him for at least trying! Same as someone who steps up to take a spot kick in a shoot out, but misses... you can't blame them for having the guts to step up (unless it was as flimsy as Gedson's against Norwich in the cup, in which case, fuck him!!)

Had Bale tried to get himself fouled and failed, (or, heaven forbid, not had the 'nous' to get himself fouled in the first place) and simply lost possession trying, the outcome still would've been the ball up at our end... and our goal under threat... then it's down to the defenc..... oh!

Yes, it's not one person's fault, it's a collective... all 3 of their goals had multiple 'moments' in their build up where numerous Spurs players could've changed the course. of the game... but they didn't... and here we are still picking up the pieces in disbelief!
Kane & Son did their bit by putting us in a seemingly unassailable position in no time at all... and you could argue that the team as a whole had done their bit up until the 82nd minute to close the game out, even allowing for a consolation at 3-1...
2 collective brain farts later, and the world caves in!

Personally I blame the twat who tweetwatted about "Us bringing on Bale, and them bringing on Lanzini" ...if that wasn't the moment we all should've put an 'in-play' tenner on the 3-3- draw, I dunno what was!

We are all still annoyed.. shellshocked is the best way to wrap it up.

Doesn't matter.. we move on! spanking them at the TaxPayers Arena will make up for it.

Updated to match...

giphy.gif

This aged well.

:mourcheeks:

We are all still annoyed.. shellshocked is the best way to wrap it up.

Doesn't matter.. we move on! spanking them at the TaxPayers Arena will make up for it.
I have a feeling that you are right. This result really hurt and I'm sure no one will forget that pain when we play them away. Another early goal followed by 89 minutes of relentless pressure please. Should see us coming away with a 5-0 win and three points. These bastards needing putting in their place.

I think I've finally got this game out of my system and am writing it off and chose to convince (delude?) myself that it was a freak occurrence not to be seen for the rest of the season. (I won't say ever as been a Spurs fan too long and know better)

I'm holding onto the positives, however. I've been impressed with the performances in the league since Everton; squad is looking good; some great attacking and clinical football; Kane and Son in great form; other obvious players to be introduced/integrated, etc.

Defence is obviously shaky but hopefully we''ll get to work on defending these bloody dead balls which really are our Achilles' heel

Last edited:
I’ve calmed down, but how I feel about this will be very much informed by how they respond this weekend. I believe they’ll recover, but the issues defending set pieces are deeply concerning. I expect a much rotated 11 tomorrow, so I won’t read too much into it.

It’s nearly there.... lots to enjoy and get excited about. But

It’s moments....

Sissoko didn’t impact Balbeuna. Poor.

Sanchez shouldn’t be scoring in his own net from there. Poor.

Serge, get your body in front. Poor.

Winks, boot it. Poor.

4 defensive poor moments.

If one of those players does better, 3 points.

HAVE. TO. LEARN. FROM. THIS. (Again...)

you all know how complacent youd become after being three nil up right? especially that early in a game .... then believe the vicotry was locked in given it was the 80th odd minute....

Up to a point i'd agree.... but imagine if Bale had've done that... we'd be bemoaning the fact that Jose had already turned him into a Welsh Fellani!!

To be fair to Bale (and most of our expectations) a player with his ability was simply attempting the one thing he knows how to do, that would ultimately kill off the game... and that was to try scoring a 4th!

I don't, nor won't blame him for at least trying! Same as someone who steps up to take a spot kick in a shoot out, but misses... you can't blame them for having the guts to step up (unless it was as flimsy as Gedson's against Norwich in the cup, in which case, fuck him!!)

Had Bale tried to get himself fouled and failed, (or, heaven forbid, not had the 'nous' to get himself fouled in the first place) and simply lost possession trying, the outcome still would've been the ball up at our end... and our goal under threat... then it's down to the defenc..... oh!

Yes, it's not one person's fault, it's a collective... all 3 of their goals had multiple 'moments' in their build up where numerous Spurs players could've changed the course. of the game... but they didn't... and here we are still picking up the pieces in disbelief!
Kane & Son did their bit by putting us in a seemingly unassailable position in no time at all... and you could argue that the team as a whole had done their bit up until the 82nd minute to close the game out, even allowing for a consolation at 3-1...

Personally I blame the twat who tweetwatted about "Us bringing on Bale, and them bringing on Lanzini" ...if that wasn't the moment we all should've put an 'in-play' tenner on the 3-3- draw, I dunno what was!
And he was pushed just as he went to strike the ball.

Not sure who would complain if bale did that. It's the last minute. You'd expect Ronaldo Messi or any player to do that. Yes he could lose the ball but I think only aurier could start in front of the man and with one touch and bounce of the ball end up behind him and end up fouling. But tbh yes it's not just about that one moment. We could have done this anywhere on the pitch. But just saying that was the best chance to kill a couple of minutes.

Think from now on I'll be putting bets against us. I never a win so it will probab have the opposite effect. At worst, we won't win anything but least I'll be rich!

I actually thought West Ham were the better side throughout, despite us being so dominant in the first 15 minutes, they looked pretty good with the ball and after making a few adjustments stopped Kaney getting on the ball.

Half time came and went but lethargy set in second half and West Ham piled players forward and really controlled the game from thereon in, and return of the Messiah did not go well after his open goal miss which let them back in to get those three goals.

We just went a bit Spursy and let them back in when we shouldn't have and it was so sad to see poor old Sonny almost crying in that interview - I really felt for him.

Why are you pretending to support Spurs you fucking weirdo??

Piss off

I actually thought West Ham were the better side throughout, despite us being so dominant in the first 15 minutes, they looked pretty good with the ball and after making a few adjustments stopped Kaney getting on the ball.

Half time came and went but lethargy set in second half and West Ham piled players forward and really controlled the game from thereon in, and return of the Messiah did not go well after his open goal miss which let them back in to get those three goals.

We just went a bit Spursy and let them back in when we shouldn't have and it was so sad to see poor old Sonny almost crying in that interview - I really felt for him.

West Ham spy alert!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom