Pelé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Looked for a Pele thread, couldn't find one. Apologies if I missed it.

One of the greatest ever football players is 80 today.

Pele at 80: Where does he rank among the GOATs?​

Happy Birthday!

Whenever I've watched footage of him he's always struck me as some sort of time traveller. As if a modern, athletic and well trained striker had somehow materialised in the past. His style of play wouldn't look out of place in today's Prem.

Whenever I've watched footage of him he's always struck me as some sort of time traveller. As if a modern, athletic and well trained striker had somehow materialised in the past. His style of play wouldn't look out of place in today's Prem.
I watched the ‘66 official FIFA WC film recently. After the England - Portugal game some of the players took off their shirts and looked no less ripped than today

It doesn't matter how many times i watch it that dummy on the goalkeeper is still one of the most brilliant things i've seen on a football pitch.

It's just a shame he didn't actually score. But the fact he did it showed his footballing mind was a step ahead of those around him.

Football legend Pele 'is moved to end-of-life care' in hospital, as doctors stop chemotherapy with his body not responding to it in fight against bowel cancer​

By ADAM SHERGOLD FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:35 GMT, 3 December 2022 | UPDATED: 14:31 GMT, 3 December 2022

Brazilian football legend Pele 'has been moved to palliative care' in hospital and is 'no longer responding to chemotherapy' in his fight against bowel cancer.
Reports in Brazil said the 82-year-old, who went into hospital last week, is receiving measures to relieve pain in an 'end-of life palliative care' ward.
His former club Santos, Brazilian ex-player Rivaldo and the France international forward Kylian Mbappe were among those tweeting good wishes, joining fans around the world.

Football legend Pele 'is moved to end-of-life care' in hospital, as doctors stop chemotherapy with his body not responding to it in fight against bowel cancer​

Brazilian football legend Pele 'has been moved to palliative care' in hospital and is 'no longer responding to chemotherapy' in his fight against bowel cancer.
Reports in Brazil said the 82-year-old, who went into hospital last week, is receiving measures to relieve pain in an 'end-of life palliative care' ward.
His former club Santos, Brazilian ex-player Rivaldo and the France international forward Kylian Mbappe were among those tweeting good wishes, joining fans around the world.
Hope he has as little pain as possible, that they strip back all the drugs, except laxatives and pain relief.

What a legacy the man leaves, legendary.

giphy.gif

What sad news!

My best wishes go to the greatest footballer of all time!

Back
Top Bottom