Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget possession and attacking intent. My biggest frustration with Jose is his inability to see the value of territory in games against teams like this. We consistently play too deep. They have zero threat in behind, and yet there is no concerted team effort to press and win the ball high up the pitch.

Allowing a team like Burnley to set up defensively before we attack is completely playing into their hands.

We may very well go onto win 6-0, but this game is reminiscent right now to Sheff U and Bournemouth after the season restarted.

If we’re going to do well in the league this year and maybe even mount a challenge, it’s not the games against City and Utd I worry about, it’s these.

Ps Doherty has been proper shit.

This the kind of 45 mins that makes me only dip a toe in the pool with Mourinho. This lineup panders to Burley, instead of overwhelming them with our superior talent we’re playing Lucas, Sissoko and Davies to try and nullify them. Ridiculous

Forget possession and attacking intent. My biggest frustration with Jose is his inability to see the value of territory in games against teams like this. We consistently play too deep. They have zero threat in behind, and yet there is no concerted team effort to press and win the ball high up the pitch.

Allowing a team like Burnley to set up defensively before we attack is completely playing into their hands.

We may very well go onto win 6-0this game is reminiscent right now to Sheff U and Bournemouth after the season restarted.

If we’re going to do well in the league this year and maybe even mount a challenge, it’s not the games against City and Utd I worry about, it’s these.

Ps Doherty has been proper shit.
I’m disappointed at how shit he is defensively.

It's also due to us having no idea how to move forward.
They're doing a great job of cutting down our options.

Need to play faster + more pass 'n go and one-touch.

Lo Celso for Sissy, now, and the Reggy, then Bale.

Bale hasn't got any defensive recovery in him, yet, so gotta be careful when we introduce.

He is the Brazilian Redmond. Dribble past you for days, but end product and brains leave you wondering.
He doesnt really dribble past players like he used to either

He is just a nothing player these days , runs and runs but not even a smidgen of a threat going forwards

Dull match for a neutral.
With respect.... fuck the 'Neutral'.... the 'Neutral' didn't have their weekend ruined by last weekend's result... the 'neutral' didn't trek halfway across Europe last season to follow their club.... the neutral doesn't have a club!
The neutral isn't the lifeblood of football clubs... they're the lifeblood of Sky Sports and fucking online FIFA20 gamers!!

The 'neutral' is everything that's wrong with todays' game!

Imagine being a Burnley fan. Not in any sort of looking down your nose way but fuck me. Tanguy looks sharp there, needs someone else around him who's on remotely the same wavelength but can't see Sissoko coming off as he's putting a shift in.
One team town though. I imagine it has its perks as far as a sense of community goes.

Also it's cold up there so getting drunk enough to not really pay all that much attention to how the team plays is probably on the agenda.

giphy.gif

Seriously. Only been a spurs (and football in general) fan for a few years, haven't quite learned the tactics, matchups, specific reasons for certain players starting vs others, etc. Lol
No problem, that's actually kind of cool. Fair play to you for saying that.

Of course football is all about opinions (or in our case bias). I saw a post (paraphrasing) in this thread saying something like "Why are we playing out from the back it isn't working ?"

Literally 3 posts later, a different poster says "Why are we knocking it long, it isn't working ?"

I'm not saying either is wrong, but it's a prime example of different eyes watching the same thing.

TBF, you have as much knowledge as anyone else asking why Davies started.
:troll:

Back
Top Bottom