Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These morons keep talking about Burnley's physicality like it's 1980 or something. The problem isn't Burnley being physical, the problem is that we aren't retaining possession, keep giving away dumb fouls and don't move the ball forward quick enough when we recover it.

tenor.gif

I'm honestly not sure if that means bringing on Lo Celso, Bale, or both.

Wildcard: Vinicius for Lucas.
:lamelaaghh:

Have we played well? No.

...But anyone acting like Burnley aren't making this tough just aren't living in the real world and it's nothing we didn't expect prior to kick off.

A little more urgency and guile required to open them up, but I wouldn't go sub-crazy at halftime.
They've made a living off playing anti-football for years now and people are surprised whenever we play them that they play anti-football. They're allowed 8 goals in 5 matches this season.

This is what they do.

Edit: To be clear, I don't really blame Burnley for playing that way, it's what they need to do to compete.

Sky apologists as always for Burnley. Physical, committed etc. is their line. True, they play to their strengths but such hard work.

If it was Man U on the end of Toby’s challenge they would be shouting for VAR.

Nightmare team for us the way they play.
If we get a chance we have to take it, and we have a centre forward on the bench who can hold the ball up. Maybe it is time to see him and Kane together.

Have we played well? No.

...But anyone acting like Burnley aren't making this tough just aren't living in the real world and it's nothing we didn't expect prior to kick off.

A little more urgency and guile required to open them up, but I wouldn't go sub-crazy at halftime.
Need a sub I feel. Can really see 1 nil Burnley unless it's mixed up

These morons keep talking about Burnley's physicality like it's 1980 or something. The problem isn't Burnley being physical, the problem is that we aren't retaining possession, keep giving away dumb fouls and don't move the ball forward quick enough when we recover it.
We put on a squad with 0 creativity/skill. Just a bunch of hard workers but that isn’t going to win us this game. C’mon Jose you better have a trick or two up your sleeve

Why are we pandering to their style? We have all these attacking players with some not even on the bench and we turn out a performance like that! Totally pathetic ! We have created bigger all. Need sissoko needs to come off and we need to go for it with some energy and pace.

Back
Top Bottom