Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who here is starting to change their minds on Mourinho ? I was always for him and wanted him just before we sacked Pochettino. I said a serial winner like him or Allegri. It’s these shit house results that Mourinho can be a master at. He will go down as a legend if he can win trophies at this club.

I feel as if he'll enjoy this win more so than the 6-1.

Clean sheet, a good team performance regardless of the stale nature of the game, and another 3 pts.

We'd be clear at the top of the league if it wasnt for the Toon and Spammer result.

We're building!
To be fair, that game was dead the moment we made it 4-1 against ten men and then there was zero anxiety. Tonight we were in a wrist-cutting mood with an all too familiar sinking feeling in our stomaches before Son's goal.

Now we feel elated.
:sonlol:

Who here is starting to change their minds on Mourinho ? I was always for him and wanted him just before we sacked Pochettino. I said a serial winner like him or Allegri. It’s these shit house results that Mourinho can be a master at. He will go down as a legend if he can win trophies at this club.
Not having to change my mind on him, per se, but I will admit that there was a low point during the run in when I simply couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My issue wasn't with sacking Poch. It was a nightmare situation and even from what we could see as fans it looked like something was fundamentally broken and he couldn't turn it around. The Amazon doc will have wanted to craft a narrative but it does seem to corroborate that feeling.

With José available I did think Levy wouldn't be able to resist (we know he tried to get him when he first left Chelsea) but I still had a layman interpretation of his time at United and thought he'd be a ticking time bomb for us - especially with Levy as chairman. So far, every one of my fears about Mourinho is seemingly being swept away:

- Is he going to upset the dressing room?
- Are we just going to park the bus?
- Is he going to be underfunded and go into a strop?
- Is he going to be 'past it'?

Last season was a bit rough as he pulled us out of the tailspin (and we got so so fucked by injuries) but I have to say that the early signs from this season are very good.

My mind hasn't changed completely, but I can see his imprint. My issue is the long term effects of his appointment and it seems the board has turned a corner, so maybe the Jose impact won't really happen here since we have a functioning front office (not what they have at Man U).

I am still less than thrilled by the way we go about games, but he has certainly reformatted the ethos to more closely fit his, so hats off to him.

I was expecting the beginning of this season to continue, but it seems we might have turned a corner? I need more convincing, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

:mourbye:

My worries were twofold;
1) The style of play............I'm very happy with it atm.
2) Where he would leave us as a club, with regard to pissing players of after @ 2 years..........remains to be seen.

At the moment though, I'm loving it.

Don't you think it's an irony how 2 most productive duo in premier league are both happens under a defensive park the bus dinosaur ?

As if those were just bullshit were written by the media.

Don't you think it's an irony how 2 most productive duo in premier league are both happens under a defensive park the bus dinosaur ?

Jose certainly seems to know how to put an attack together for someone who is apparently “defence first”.
That Lampard/Drogba record is going this season, possibly before the turn of the year on current form.

I don't think it is the reason - but if a team is defensive then they will have less attacking players and therefore rely on fewer players for goal contributions......

My mind hasn't changed completely, but I can see his imprint. My issue is the long term effects of his appointment and it seems the board has turned a corner, so maybe the Jose impact won't really happen here since we have a functioning front office (not what they have at Man U).

I am still less than thrilled by the way we go about games, but he has certainly reformatted the ethos to more closely fit his, so hats off to him.

I was expecting the beginning of this season to continue, but it seems we might have turned a corner? I need more convincing, but I am happy to be proved wrong.
:moursad: Meh, you’ve already been proven wrong lad, you’ll just have to embrace it. Spurs are on their way and everyone in the country knows it. I for one am loving it!

I don't think it is the reason - but if a team is defensive then they will have less attacking players and therefore rely on fewer players for goal contributions......
Think it has always been his football style , a nobody striker like diego milito had 30 goals under him. Ronaldo had a whopping 60 goals and a season under him. , He focused on 1-2 players to be his goal scorer while the rest of the team helps maintain shape and balance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom