Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great analysis in the video earlier. Love watching those videos.

They mention Dier as a partner for Rodon.
I think Toby would be better. Just because I think Toby reads the game better than Dier. Rodon is a front foot defender so he likes to get in front of the striker and intercept. In which case his Centre back partner needs to be able to read the game and cover behind him in case the striker spins him. I don't think that Dier reads the game as well as a CB, which is odd as I think he reads the game pretty well when he played DM.

I also think Rodon being a front foot defender will be at risk of giving away a few fouls around the box. The guys spoke about CBs complementing each other and so in this scenario I think Toby will also be better as he doesn't step in as much as Sanchez or Dier. We can't have an entire back 4 looking to be on the front foot at risk of giving away free kicks just because they are too eager to get the ball ahead of the striker. Further on this, I think Rodon will look better if he has Davies playing LB instead of Reguilon. But that will come at the expense of not having an attacking threat down the left. So we will have to balance that with the forward players.

Interesting to see how Rodon plays with different personnel around him.

Oooooh.....Joey Rodon's magic,
He wears a magic hat.
And if you throw a brick at him he'll head the fucker back.
He heads it to the left,
He heads it to the right.
And when we win the Premier League we'll sing this song all night.
Oooohhhh......

Last edited:
I get the excitement with Bale but for me this is up there with Reg and Sid as the dogs.... bed them all in and from Xmas watch us go
Xmas!??? Fuck that. We're beating Burnley 13-0 Vinny is getting 10 of them all assisted by laser guided crosses from Reggie. Bale would play but he's got a barbers appointment.

He should be ready in 2 weeks. Our centrebacks need to compete and prove for more playing time.

Our only concern now is the centreback. Him or we buy a decent centreback in the coming window.

It's spelt fucking RODON. Not RODEN or bloody RONDON - arrrrggghhh!

And NO, he CANNOT play on Thursday you illiterate, forgetful, cave-dwelling bastards!

Last edited:
The only thing I noticed from his brief cameo was he was always the deepest man in the backline, and by a fair bit too. I wonder if he has played in a back three before and that was what seemed to be throwing him off, or it was just the occasion had got to him and he was busy trying to make a good impression.

I should add I'm not digging him out about it.

Quite something how many ways you could misspell his name :freund:

Thinker-Auguste-Rodin-Museum-garden-Paris-1904.jpg

3d8067077872856910660fcec512d092.gif

The only thing I noticed from his brief cameo was he was always the deepest man in the backline, and by a fair bit too. I wonder if he has played in a back three before and that was what seemed to be throwing him off, or it was just the occasion had got to him and he was busy trying to make a good impression.

I should add I'm not digging him out about it.
According to this article Swansea has usually used a 4-2-3-1 last season. Graham Potter was the manager before Cooper however and he has used 3 at the back as an option.

Xmas!??? Fuck that. We're beating Burnley 13-0 Vinny is getting 10 of them all assisted by laser guided crosses from Reggie. Bale would play but he's got a barbers appointment.
Who’s this twat that disagrees ?
Made just one post ever!

Back
Top Bottom