Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely felt like a defining moment in his career. The way he constantly gave the ball away was frightening and nothing is right with him. Can’t pull off simple passes, doesn’t look mobile, doesn’t look powerful, just a shadow of what he was. When was the last time he took a shot from long range? Doesn’t even look like he can strike the ball properly.

Maybe it was all an illusion to begin with, maybe he just looked like a top player because of the quality that was around him 3 years ago. The hamstrings have clearly taken a beating too. The fire has gone. I see a player who has realised he isn’t as good as he thought he was and is struggling to deal with it.

Unfair to take him off tonight. Only crumb was he was one of three at half-time. Being placed under impossible pressure in my opinion.
Impossible pressure? Good players thrive on pressure Dele has been very average for the past 2 years.
He has had the best part of 12 months to get his act together under Jose and has failed badly.
His 45 minutes tonight were what he has produced for the last 2 years

Definitely felt like a defining moment in his career. The way he constantly gave the ball away was frightening and nothing is right with him. Can’t pull off simple passes, doesn’t look mobile, doesn’t look powerful, just a shadow of what he was. When was the last time he took a shot from long range? Doesn’t even look like he can strike the ball properly.

Maybe it was all an illusion to begin with, maybe he just looked like a top player because of the quality that was around him 3 years ago. The hamstrings have clearly taken a beating too. The fire has gone. I see a player who has realised he isn’t as good as he thought he was and is struggling to deal with it.
In all fairness, he had that purple patch last year where his form was top notch. What the hell happened that that Dele?

I just think he is a very average footballer at the end of the day

Much said about his attitude but he has never been a great passer , tackler or dribbler

Good at getting on the end of eriksen crosses for a couple of years but that's it
Amazing that folks just can't come to this most simple explanation to the whole saga. Instead they have to cast aspersions on his character, make up stories about what's going on behind the scenes and construct elaborate fairy tales to explain what has been clear for some time at this point. He's just not and never has been a very good or well rounded footballer. Instead, he was the beneficiary of a system that clicked, a role within that system that minimized his deficiencies, and he scored goals as a result.

But of course acknowledging this at this point would also be tacit admission that these very same people had it wrong to begin with and they were duped by the shiny objects. I've never been a fan of his, Dele the player, and always thought we often won in spite of his efforts and even when he did contribute we suffered his presence for the other 89 minutes. However, I do have a problem with folks moving to crush Dele the person. It's not needed and it's not nice.

Mate, he gave the ball away 11x, no shots, no tackles, no interceptions...
Yeah, but how do you know he wouldn't have scored 11 goals in the second half to make up for it? We'll never know because Mou was being harsh on him and subbed him off.

Amazing that folks just can't come to this most simple explanation to the whole saga. Instead they have to cast aspersions on his character, make up stories about what's going on behind the scenes and construct elaborate fairy tales to explain what has been clear for some time at this point. He's just not and never has been a very good or well rounded footballer. Instead, he was the beneficiary of a system that clicked, a role within that system that minimized his deficiencies, and he scored goals as a result.

But of course acknowledging this at this point would also be tacit admission that these very same people had it wrong to begin with and they were duped by the shiny objects. I've never been a fan of his, Dele the player, and always thought we often won in spite of his efforts and even when he did contribute we suffered his presence for the other 89 minutes. However, I do have a problem with folks moving to crush Dele the person. It's not needed and it's not nice.
Fair post

The purple patch people are referring to last season was just a couple of moments in games where he didn't do much else. Kept the ball on against West Ham and scored a good goal against United. He wasn't actually playing particularly well at all.

Amazing how badly he struggles to control a football compared to other players on the pitch.

He also lacks technique compared to our other options and can rarely pick out a killer pass or pose a goal threat from distance.

Plus, his attitude clearly stinks!!!

Poser that rates himself too highly. Get him out of the club ASAP

Bambi on Ice is my nickname for him because that’s exactly what he is. The ball bounces off him. He never seems comfortable on the ball. Can’t seem to control or direct a shot properly, and just generally looks a bang average player. Won’t forget him when he burst onto the scene and gave us those fantastic few years, but he simply hasn’t been good enough for 2 years now. It’s not a Mourinho thing, it’s a dele Ali thing. He’s lost his mojo and lost his ability it seems. Sell him ASAP before his reputation becomes non existent.

The guy seems to see himself as more of a media personality than a footballer. Instead of a regular first team slot and International recognition it's as if he'd rather be on a Reality TV show like Love Island.
That's a lot of speculation. How on earth do you conclude he thinks that way?

Back
Top Bottom