Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it just me or is he he sometimes wildly out of position, and not just because he is too far forwards; he seems to get dragged into areas he shouldn't be and the lcb or lcm has to move over to cover and we lose our shape.

Often when we are defending in transition I wonder where he is then spot him and think "what the fuck is he doing there?!?"

He seems to be in better position than Aurier is, but that may be that he is faster and smarter so he can get back in position where Aurier seems fine to stay badly out of position without making any effort to get back.

Also could be that with Ben Davies not really leaving the tiny area that he would stay as a LB it is odd to Spurs fans seeing a LB that actually moves around the pitch.

Thought he was pretty poor yesterday in all honesty.

By his standards anyway.

Woefully out of position for a lot of the game and offered basically nothing in attack.

Thought he was pretty poor yesterday in all honesty.

By his standards anyway.

Woefully out of position for a lot of the game and offered basically nothing in attack.
He made loads of runs that Son checked away from and played inside. I think he had reason to be frustrated in the first half with how slowly Winks, Alli and even Lo Celso were moving the ball in deeper areas. Our attacks that broke the midfield line fell apart due to selfish shooting/trying a killer pass too soon. He seems to have a really good understanding with Ndombele, hopefully they're both on the field on Sunday. Agree though, he seemed a bit scattered yesterday.

Is it just me or is he he sometimes wildly out of position, and not just because he is too far forwards; he seems to get dragged into areas he shouldn't be and the lcb or lcm has to move over to cover and we lose our shape.

Often when we are defending in transition I wonder where he is then spot him and think "what the fuck is he doing there?!?"
Correct. He is good and fast but not strong enough for defending and attacking and always. keeping the position. He goes forward and loses it.

I knew about your fans not wanting him to leave but Sevilla were the same about Moreno afew years back and I thought they had similar seasons in La Liga, looking at him play he has the aggression you need at the top level
In my opinion neither Regui nor Mendy are top level, after 20 years with Roberto Carlos and Marcelo we got used to the best left backs, but they are OK. Mendy is superfast and has amazing endurance so he rarely loses the position in defensive situation, but Regui is more skilled and dangerous in attack. I would have kept both since Marcelo is an ex-player. I hope he will assist Gareth many more times.

Exciting fast lwb, can cause havoc in attack, decent crosses (and 3 assists already this season ? Plus a few decent shots on goal) May not be the best at defending atm, but at aged 23 isn't necessarily the finished article - and JM should be able to tighten up that side of his game.

Think his arrival has sparked an improvement in Davies, and being able to have an attacking full back on both right and left side is a great addition for the whole team.

Lots of positives.

Back
Top Bottom