Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bar his first two games he's been great. He is still however a conundrum for me because our midfield is absolutely not fixed and every game we allow teams to play through us. I know a midfield one doesn't work and perhaps it's those other players around him that are needed to step up but I don't know what it is with him, maybe he should sit more but will that mean our midfield is less dynamic (it's relatively anaemic at best)?

What I'm really craving to see is him, Lo Celso and Ndombele start a game for the first time this season and then reassess I guess.

Bar his first two games he's been great. He is still however a conundrum for me because our midfield is absolutely not fixed and every game we allow teams to play through us. I know a midfield one doesn't work and perhaps it's those other players around him that are needed to step up but I don't know what it is with him, maybe he should sit more but will that mean our midfield is less dynamic (it's relatively anaemic at best)?

What I'm really craving to see is him, Lo Celso and Ndombele start a game for the first time this season and then reassess I guess.

Playing Ndombele higher up today was horrible.... Hopefully it was just to keep him out of trouble after the silly yellow, but the Sis/PEH/Ndom trio works much better as a 433... Kane was SO deep at times today and seeing Tanguy trying to press from what was virtually a CF position was a bit sad (that kind of dynamism just isn't in his locker).

Last edited:
Playing Ndombele higher up todaywas horrible.... Hopefully it was just to keep him out of trouble after the silly yellow, but the Sis/PEH/Ndom trio works much better as a 433... Kane was SO deep at times today and seeing Tanguy trying to press from what was virtually a CF position was a bit sad (that kind of dynamism just isn't in his locker).
Was wondering what Tanguy was doing there upfront in Kane’s position, it was bizzare.

My expectations weren't high (influenced by Matt LeTissier!), first game wasn't impressed, but boy, has he turned it around quickly! He has become one of the first names on the team sheet, alongside H, Sonny and Hugo.
Keep it up Pierre, you may be the missing link.

Back
Top Bottom