Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My point here isn't to shit on Dier....

Personally, I think we have 3 senior CBs who's level you could question in one way or another.... I think it's a bold statement to declare any as head and shoulders above the others; let alone to the point that I would declare them the most important layer in the squad.

If only one would stand up and be counted as being reliable.... You could point the finger at all 3 at one point or another this season.

I'm still curious as to whether Rodon is seen as a solution for now or as a someone to develop (and that we still have Skrinier or an equivalent scale of signing on our agenda).
Toby over the hill now but still much better than Dier or Sanchez

Rodon should be learning his trade from him until we get Skrinier

Why Skriniar? He's not adding the aerial presence that we need, or the pace to replace Sanchez. I don't understand the obsession with this guy.

Fans get more hung up over certain targets than the clubs do in some cases.... Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them know fuck all about him and are just clinging to the name.

What I do know is he's a guy that struggles to get a game for Inter yet they still want north of 50m for him...... I suspect there are better deals out there for us.

Fans get more hung up over certain targets than the clubs do in some cases.... Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them know fuck all about him and are just clinging to the name.

What I do know is he's a guy that struggles to get a game for Inter yet they still want north of 50m for him...... I suspect there are better deals out there for us.
I am one of them, so I will form an opinion only if and after he plays a dozen games with us ;)

Good defensively yesterday, also kicked away a lot of possession and had a handball on the edge of our box which could have been calamitous. Brighton didn't pose much threat in the box without Maupay/Connolly.

Good defensively yesterday, also kicked away a lot of possession and had a handball on the edge of our box which could have been calamitous. Brighton didn't pose much threat in the box without Maupay/Connolly.
The handball was debatable but Spurs got done big time with the “foul” on PEH so probably deserved the benefit of the doubt on that one.
Was it in the box ?

The handball was debatable but Spurs got done big time with the “foul” on PEH so probably deserved the benefit of the doubt on that one.
Was it in the box ?
No doubt. It's more worry about Dier being our first choice CB and having moments like this in him nearly every time he takes to the field. I thought it was outside the box to be fair.

No doubt. It's more worry about Dier being our first choice CB and having moments like this in him nearly every time he takes to the field. I thought it was outside the box to be fair.
I wasn’t sure, thought it was maybe just outside but not watched the highlights back yet.

What do you mean moments like that, getting balls getting kicked at his arm? I'm sorry to say, but any defender we replace him with will also have arms. People are holding him to an insane standard just to criticise him.

Was it in the box ?

I don't follow... How did we get benefit of the doubt over the handball... It was given...???

If it was in the box they'd have given a pen.

Dier and Alderweireld starting to look a reasonably assured pairing. At least they’ve largely cut out the horrible mistakes we were making earlier in the season.

Still big tests to come against the stronger attacks of City, Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, and Leicester we’ll be facing after the break.

Back
Top Bottom