Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Moussa, even while acknowledging his limitations, but first name on the starting sheet? :saha:
But it would depend on who is available

No not first name in sheet but a squad player that we could improve on but there are a few you could say that about

I see he's been called up to the French squad...........again.

How many managers is it now that haven't a fucking clue what they're doing and should be sacked ?

:mourfacepalm:

How many managers is it now that haven't a fucking clue what they're doing and should be sacked ?

.......And a number of armchair manager faves appear to have been left out again.

The plot is a thick as ever. :sandro:

.......And a number of armchair manager faves appear to have been left out again.

conspiracy google it GIF

So by this logic, all managers and referees are always right? The foul against PEH in Brighton's goal can't be questioned because you're not refs and the guy who didn't see it as a foul is a qualified, vastly experienced, international, professional referee at the pinnacle of his trade? Jordan Pickford must be the best English goalkeeper, because managers are never wrong, never make mistakes and never get the sack as a consequence?

So by this logic, all managers and referees are always right? The foul against PEH in Brighton's goal can't be questioned because you're not refs and the guy who didn't see it as a foul is a qualified, vastly experienced, international, professional referee at the pinnacle of his trade? Jordan Pickford must be the best English goalkeeper, because managers are never wrong, never make mistakes and never get the sack as a consequence?
No manager has ever been sacked playing a particular player.

Considering it's multiple managers; each with differing philosophies and a good standing in the game; I think your post is stretching things somewhat.....

......And ref errors are hardly comparable to a manager consciously, repeatedly picking a player.

BTW, my post was alluding to guys like Ndombele and Aouar being left out of the French squad in favour of our Moussa.... Certainly adds an intriguing layer to the scenario.

Last edited:
Who us the best gk in England?
I agree Pickford is a cunt btw

Considering it's multiple managers; each with differing philosophies and a good standing in the game; I think you're post is stretching things somewhat.....

......And ref errors are hardly comparable to a manager consciously, repeatedly picking a player.

BTW, my post was alluding to guys like Ndombele and Aouar being left out of the French squad in favour of our Moussa.... Certainly adds an intriguing layer to the scenario.

It's not that intriguing is it, Deschamps has been doing daft stuff like this for years, and I've even posted links to criticism of his selections in the French press, as well as criticism for the shite brand of football he's got such an incredibly talented squad playing for the last few years, including when they won the WC (which obviously bought him some credit).

He's a guy who's club career won one league title, with the then biggest club in French football ten years ago, and he has always been very pragmatic, risk averse manager, so not unlike Mourinho (who got sacked from his last job) and lets not forget, Poch somehow managed to get sacked from the most unsackable position in football for the decisions he was continually making - and the midfield selections that were totally counter intuitive to his philosophy being major part of those.

My point being, and stands, just because some guy in a job with more experience or qualifications does something, doesn't mean it's beyond critique. It isn't.

It's not that intriguing is it, Deschamps has been doing daft stuff like this for years, and I've even posted links to criticism of his selections in the French press, as well as criticism for the shite brand of football he's got such an incredibly talented squad playing for the last few years, including when they won the WC (which obviously bought him some credit).

He's a guy who's club career won one league title, with the then biggest club in French football ten years ago, and he has always been very pragmatic, risk averse manager, so not unlike Mourinho (who got sacked from his last job) and lets not forget, Poch somehow managed to get sacked from the most unsackable position in football for the decisions he was continually making - and the midfield selections that were totally counter intuitive to his philosophy being major part of those.

My point being, and stands, just because some guy in a job with more experience or qualifications does something, doesn't mean it's beyond critique. It isn't.

.....And my point still stands:

Jose
Poch
Deschamps

.......Blakey

Back
Top Bottom