Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just because someone spent 2yrs as Pep's number 2 doesn't mean he will be a new Pep. It just means he worked for Pep. Arteta is still in no uncertain terms a rookie manager, an individual who no doubt was exposed to some truly unique methods but unless he is capable of taking those methods and making them your own, he's still Aretta the rookie manager.

To be fair, he's doing a solid job of emulating Pep this season.

Imagine being a professional footballer and having a 38 year old iPad merchant in his first job bellowing at you all match where to play the ball like you’re a u10 team.

That’s the type of shit footballers see right through, especially when the results aren’t there. Cant see him keeping the dressing room for long if that keeps up.

Whats funny is that another ex Woolwich player in Henry does the exact same thing at the club he manages too.

To be fair, he's doing a solid job of emulating Pep this season.
As we are playing them next I was looking at some numbers:

In the PL their last 6 performances have been:
L 2-5 Leicester
D 1-1 Leeds
W 1-0 Woolwich
D 1-1 West Ham
W 1-0 Sheffield Utd
D 1-1 Liverpool

I will not even start to look at who/what/where/when they played, I think the League is extremely complicated to analyse so early into the season for any team. BUT what absolutely jumps off the page is the number of goals they aren't scoring!! I think you'd probably have to go pre-sheikh takeover to see such a low scoring City, never mind such a low scoring Pep team!!

Last edited:
It’ll take a long time for the debt to be repaid. Most of the boring stuff “We’re your cup final”
“blah blah trophy cabinet blah blah” I never really cared about. It was the more subtle “Robbie Keane’s a great signing, for you guys” type of patronising shite that used to irk me.

I’ve got about 20yrs of abuse to dole out. My current favourite is just genuinely talking about them as a mid-table team, which they are.

“If Arteta comes good I reckon you guys might push for a Europa League spot in a couple of years”

This is it. We need to enjoy being better than they are at everything now. We had to put up for so long with being worse than them. Ignore the "what have you won" brigade, it is only because they know we are the better team and club than them. I suspect they can also see they are a long way of from reversing that. The longer they are out of the CL and the more we can be in it then the larger the gulf will become.

They are bedding in several young players, most of whom have got picked for England. I call this the "Winks" syndrome ! You play for your country and then cannot get into your own team.
What IS a surprise is that they were supposed to be spending United type money once their stadium was paid for. This doesn't seem to be happening.
YOU DON'T WIN ANYTHING PLAYING KIDS

They are bedding in several young players, most of whom have got picked for England. I call this the "Winks" syndrome ! You play for your country and then cannot get into your own team.
What IS a surprise is that they were supposed to be spending United type money once their stadium was paid for. This doesn't seem to be happening.
YOU DON'T WIN ANYTHING PLAYING KIDS

The average age of their line up last night was 26.

Our front three cost just over £20m. They have 16 league goals

Their best front three cost a combined £175m.
They have 5 league goals.
PEA didn't even manage a single shot yesterday.
Aurier has more goals than Pepe and as many from open play as PEA
The whole team have scored just 9 league goals.
Kurt Zouma, Chelski's CB, has as many goals as their top scorer

Last edited:
Our front three cost just over £20m. They have 16 league goals

Their best front three cost a combined £175m.
They have 5 league goals.
PEA didn't even manage a single shot yesterday.
Aurier has more goals than Pepe and as many from open play as PEA
The whole team have scored just 9 league goals.
Kurt Zouma, Chelski's CB, has as many goals as their top scorer
Yeah but our best front 3 is WORTH £300m !!!

EmVJJuBXYAEOcJF

Jokes aside that is a telling stat about the mentality of the players. They don't care.

They will always turn up against us but the players simply don't care about winning. No wonder Partey is getting paid more than Kane. It would take a shit load of wages to step that far down.

I doubt it would happen but if their form continues and we absolutely batter them, aRtEtA oUt could start trending. This isn't a case of keeping Ole at the wheel like Manure. I think even Jose would struggle to sort that rabble out.

Back
Top Bottom