WBA Vs Tottenham, Sunday 8th Nov - KO 12noon - Sky Sports PPV.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I posted before the game that WBA had historically a good record against us. The match at Wembley a couple of years ago was worse with Rondon scoring early on then time wasting and park the bus tactics stopped us scoring more than once to get a draw. We were going well at the time and most of the years we have been the better team but they just keep on picking up points against us.
Therefore yesterday was no surprise and any result was on the cards until Kane's winner. WBA did not just park the bus as they pushed into our half in numbers but missed good opportunities. I thought Reguilon's long range shot changed things and signalled a more direct approach. We did shade the match with possession and shots but the 3 points are the most important point and we move on. Still nervous at the end but the defence looks more secure than earlier in the season.

This hasn't been mentioned enough don't think it's any coincidence that our "poor form" that's still 3 wins 2 of them away from home. Started when the EL group stages began it's basically known fact that the Thursday Sunday is more of a killer then the Wednesday Saturday, and because of the Antwerp fuck up we had to play a strong side Thursday also.

We should take encouragement that we have barely got our of second gear all season and we are top. As the season gets into full swing and the players return to full fitness after a shit pre season and the new lads bed in we will see this squad play better.

We just need to make sure we are still around the top after this horror run of games
I agree that the Thursday Sunday sucks, but how is it any worse than Wednesday Saturday?

CL is better than EL because lots of the time you get Tuesday Saturday or Tuesday Sunday or Wednesday Sunday But when they do get Wednesday Saturday, it's just as bad as EL Thursday Sunday.

SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs do you wake up early for these matches? 4 am, my goodness. I watched it on Peacock several hours after it was completed.

My analysis: shit performance, great result.
I watched this past weekend's game starting at halftime. I'll usually wake up at the 4am games to watch though. Firstly, I wake up early in life anyways, and secondly if my brain knows that Spurs are playing in the morning I automatically wake up ass early.

I agree that the Thursday Sunday sucks, but how is it any worse than Wednesday Saturday?

CL is better than EL because lots of the time you get Tuesday Saturday or Tuesday Sunday or Wednesday Sunday But when they do get Wednesday Saturday, it's just as bad as EL Thursday Sunday.i

I'm sure it's been proven that stats Wise it's worse to play the Thursday Sunday combo even compared to Wednesday Saturday

Could be for many reasons like but from my own experience I always notice us drop more in playing level during EL then we do whatever day or time we play in CL

Last edited:
The poor Florentino Pérez has the most monotonous repetitive job.

iS1fiko.gif
Yeah, but apart from that . . . :kanegoal:

That price was there from the start of the transfer window and well before there was talk of new owners

Levy played hard ball thinking Villa where desperate (they where tbf) talk of new owners proves to be true and that was a condition of there's. But maybe the 24 hours thing isn't true but he could and really should have signed at the start of the window instead of waiting around
Again totally wrong ... the new owners had been in negotiations since January a full six months before the window opened ... buying a football club is not like buying a player, you are simply wrong let it go.

Little tactical analysis:

I think it's clear teams have identified Ndombele and Kane as our primary threats - it doesn't matter if Sonny and Bale are roaming around up there if you cut off their main providers, that's why they were getting marked tighter than my waistband this pandemic :( So it's critical imo to have another press-resistant, creative outlet in there *coughLoCelsocough* to force them to divide their attention a bit more, like Vinicius did with occupying one of the CBs during Kane's goal.

Having said that, there was no way West Brom were going to keep up their pressing in the second half, and I think that was probably more important than any specific tactical changes. They just couldn't run any more and naturally retreated into their own third, where they mounted a decent blocking effort but ultimately I think giving up 18 shots in a half is a dangerous game to play.

Hows Ndombele’ career going? The same you desperately wanted sold 2 months ago and kept calling useless. You see, Sam - 2 can play that game
It’s going absolutely brilliantly and as I’ve said from day one I’m happy to be proven wrong.
I was wrong.
Two can play at that game, but only one has zero problem saying “I was wrong”.

I have posts from two months ago saying “keep proving me wrong Ndombele” and “keep playing well” etc etc

Let’s be clear, he was shit last season, but I’m happy I was wrong about his potential, and application and fitness and overall ability and what he brings to the team.

None of that is similar to the thousands of blind fools who defended inept, shite performances and zero effort from Dele for three years. And still do.
Ditto Eriksen. “Irreplaceable” and “should NEVER be dropped”.

Yet we’re better without BOTH.

So let’s see you say it......was you wrong?
Or will it take a ten page cunt off to get it out of you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom