Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Emaak8qWMAAUvRx

More presses than anyone during the weekend.
I thought he pressed a lot indeed, but not very successfully. To me he gets passed way too easily by oppo CBs/DMs when hes the furthest up in the press.

He got his toe stamped on, it looked like. Mightily painful, but probably no damage at all.

If anything, the sub was precautionary as a like for like 'creative' replacement.

He didn't get called up to the international team so another 2 weeks to continue getting that fitness up ready for a monster of a fixture run in.
Should be forced to be on the treadmill every day for 3 hours.

Stop the count, when it comes to how long he’s on the treadmill!

I thought he pressed a lot indeed, but not very successfully. To me he gets passed way too easily by oppo CBs/DMs when hes the furthest up in the press.
He's improving to be fair. Pressured Bailly into bad pass that lead to a goal vs United. Pressured Brighton defender and goalkeeper in the action that lead to Kane winning the penalty. But I know what you're saying.

Hoping this international break can be another good reset physically. Loads of fine tuning to be done with his game yet, which is a little frustrating but also exciting if he can keep improving.

This. It’s all well and good throwing out stats to support “your man” but it’s how successfully the player does it to the naked eye. I’ve watched a full rerun of the game in the cold light of day & whilst Tanguy played ok, and the substitution was inevitable after being kicked to shit all afternoon, I don’t think he was a game changer or was particularly strong / successful in the press.
He’s a baller, for sure, but I genuinely feel that he’s still only 70% maximum of what he’s capable of.
Im looking forward to him absolutely destroying Citeh on 21st because they are sneaky fouling cunts rather than champo cloggers & he is going to tear them a new one hopefully.

This. It’s all well and good throwing out stats to support “your man” but it’s how successfully the player does it to the naked eye. I’ve watched a full rerun of the game in the cold light of day & whilst Tanguy played ok, and the substitution was inevitable after being kicked to shit all afternoon, I don’t think he was a game changer or was particularly strong / successful in the press.
He’s a baller, for sure, but I genuinely feel that he’s still only 70% maximum of what he’s capable of.
Im looking forward to him absolutely destroying Citeh on 21st because they are sneaky fouling cunts rather than champo cloggers & he is going to tear them a new one hopefully.
Yeah, for me he absolutely needs to play deeper where he can see more of the ball and doesn't have to deal with defenders climbing him like a tree :eek: They barely gave him or Kane space to breathe, though I’m not surprised teams have identified them as our most dangerous threats (another reason I want a creative CM beside him, so they don't get to concentrate their attention on him... plus it would help a lot to have an outlet nearby who can play one-twos and triangles with him to escape the press, one noteworthy thing from the pass maps was that neither PEH or Sissoko passed to him).

I also don't think he ever did much pressing in France tbf so it's something he's still learning, at least the effort is there.

Considering he's out of position he's still been playing good. He's created chances (via excellent work) which should have been finished. Everyone would then be further praising his game changing ability.

Harry would have loved Tanguy.
Yup, Redknapp would let you off the hook if he thought your ability could make up for it.

“People sayin’ he can’t run and sometimes he switches off, but the boy has stardust in his boots, Moussa and Pierre can do the hard graft for him. He’s a Quiet lad but he’s a Tr’ffic player . Arm around the shoulder and he’s going right to the very top!”

Fair play to him and Mourinho, Jose was harsh on him and probably realised he has to do so much more

And look at him now, in the summer I was so so on him, he has always been an unreal talent but genuinely thought the Prem was too much for him

Fair fucking play

Back
Top Bottom