Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Banned for buying followers apparently.

All their international and academy accounts are still active however.
As I understand it you can buy followers, there's a very healthy market for such provision but think they've bought BOTS which would be totally in line with how the United Arab Emirates and other Sovereign States use them to manipulate and deliver their propaganda.

Hahaha look at the difference in the number of followers!!!

EjuUd_YWsAIfxSQ

EjuUd_fX0AUsZ7Q

Even though I have no interest in supporting the City football money machine, I agree with the point to a degree.

There does seem to be a bit of a dead spot in player development between youth and senior in the PL.

I'm not opposed to B teams lower down but the PL teams could kind of create one. Why didn't Man City save/buy Bury and just loan or "sell" them a load of players? It would of saved the club and given them a B team in all but name. With more lower league clubs going to the wall it could happen anyway.

Even though I have no interest in supporting the City football money machine, I agree with the point to a degree.

There does seem to be a bit of a dead spot in player development between youth and senior in the PL.
I feel it will only increase the monopoly of the biggest/richest clubs and therefore reduce competition. a) who is going to "support" the B teams home and away and that also has an effect of the gate receipts of the other Clubs playing against them, not just the initial reduction from away fans at their home grounds but with stale atmospheres generated as a direct result over a few seasons this will have a knock-on effect of the other teams support with supporters disinterested if they weren't already put off playing a 'B' team.

The issue exists at the PL Club, either they have a stable of youth players that by far and away outstrips demand for places in their own team or the Youth Leagues needs overhauling again with the loan system also reviewed but probably all of those and many other reasons need to be looked first.

There are also just too many conflicts of interests at play. The ultimate goal for any Club's academy should be the development of it's players (there is also the responsibility of their development as people too), it means the results of the games doesn't matter as much, the focus is always on the individual player's development more than the result of the game, this alone destroys the integrity of the league. Once you do that the League is dead.

But if the Club's strategy is to recruit as much talent as possible to deny another team the opportunity (see Chavs and City) then they shouldn't be helped out of this clusterfuck of their own making by having 'B' teams play them to serve only to perpetuate this practice.

Pisses me off, we seem to be the only team who don't use phantom injuries to protect our players in nonsense games

Poch was very pro-England and took pride in his players being capped on his watch.. Dunno what Jose's track record is like on that front, but he's at least concious of the strains it puts on the lads (see vs Gary).

Requires the players to be complicit too....

If Man City stopped hoovering up all the youth talent into their academy maybe some of them would get games for other clubs and you'd get more players coming up through the leagues, spread across many clubs, not just the elite.

I want to add to this.

Many of the top clubs got their B-teams in the third tier which is the maximum level they can reach in the pyramid. The problem with the B-teams is that you'll never know which team you will face because it is too easy to swap players from A-team to the B-team.
It's especially difficult in the end of the season if the B-team is in relegation zone. They will do anything to keep their recruit team in the division and to not lose talents so it's not unusual that they play full strength teams with 7 or 8 players from the A-team.
This is totally unfair for the smaller clubs who either is denied promotion or who are relegated in expense.
The FA has just started dealing with these problems and the third tier is now becoming more professional and B-teams is now denied promotion to this level to encourage the top teams to loan out more of their talents to lower division teams.
If England wants to go this way you'll at least have to make sure the B-teams aren't allowed anywhere near the EFL leagues. And then, what's the f**ing point anyway.

I want to add to this.

Many of the top clubs got their B-teams in the third tier which is the maximum level they can reach in the pyramid. The problem with the B-teams is that you'll never know which team you will face because it is too easy to swap players from A-team to the B-team.
It's especially difficult in the end of the season if the B-team is in relegation zone. They will do anything to keep their recruit team in the division and to not lose talents so it's not unusual that they play full strength teams with 7 or 8 players from the A-team.
This is totally unfair for the smaller clubs who either is denied promotion or who are relegated in expense.
The FA has just started dealing with these problems and the third tier is now becoming more professional and B-teams is now denied promotion to this level to encourage the top teams to loan out more of their talents to lower division teams.
If England wants to go this way you'll at least have to make sure the B-teams aren't allowed anywhere near the EFL leagues. And then, what's the f**ing point anyway.
Id be fine with B-teams if they were stuck in their own league. Keep it separate from the EFL pyramid. Ideally players would just go out on loan or leave on permanents in search of playing time but clubs like City (and to some degree, us) are always going to look to poach talent from the lower divisions.

This in the Telegraph (link is subscription only I'm afraid)

Derby County are on the brink of a takeover by Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan, the cousin of Manchester City's owner Sheikh Mansour

"Keeping it in the family" comes to mind.

Massive gamble this for City I think. He's clearly a brilliant manager but struggling to think of a single club /manager that when the sparkle no longer sparkles that they've been able to turn it around. Fergie never lost his sparkle, whereas City most certainly has. Maybe they simply have the money to rebuild the team, as in almost every other case it's the manager that goes as it's the cheaper option.

Back
Top Bottom