English team outside of london most gets on your tits

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

which non london side really grinds your gears

• man city

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • man united

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • leeds

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • liverpool

Votes: 113 75.8%
  • everton

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • newcastle

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Brom

• southhampton

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • leicester

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • wolves

• burnley

• shefield united

• brighton

• Coventry/others

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
Liverpool by far, their fans manage to be more insufferable than their Man Utd counterparts.

Plus the club in general has this arrogant attitude that supporting them "means more" than supporting other clubs, hell they had a slogan in recent years that literally said "Liverpool, this means more".

Then there's their bullshit "You'll never walk alone" saying, yeah, ask Loris Karius how much that means, he'll probably tell you it should say "You'll never walk alone, unless you make a mistake in a final, then you'll be shunned by your teammates and booed by your club's fans".

I wonder how many of those "fans" they would have had if it not for their glory periods of the 70s & 80s?

I think during the 90's a different team from the North of England that play in red would've won.

:pochsmirk:

I voted for Liverpool and the main reasons are similar to many. Man United knew they were hated by most but didn't give a fuck, Liverpool think that they're loved and act surprised when it turns out that it isn't the case!

This is something else that winds me up about them and how they're portrayed in the press as almost being the Princess Diana of football clubs. The People's Club!

:mourweird:

I voted Man City not for their fans but for their horrific owners.

That being understood I can understand why Liverpool crops up, the media treat them as quoted above like the princess Diana of football, despite being successful they have a huge inferiority complex and their southern fans have an air of underserved arrogance.

They are a bit like the Boris Johnson/Eton College of football, they get to the top but have no grace or humbleness about it and that makes people turn off them. Liverpool as a city being solid Labour wouldn’t like to be told that but Liverpool FC does feel like a team suited to Boris Johnson.

I think during the 90's a different team from the North of England that play in red would've won.

I voted for Liverpool and the main reasons are similar to many. Man United knew they were hated by most but didn't give a fuck, Liverpool think that they're loved and act surprised when it turns out that it isn't the case!

This is something else that winds me up about them and how they're portrayed in the press as almost being the Princess Diana of football clubs. The People's Club!

Liverpool were annoying as fuck in the 90s. Fans moaned all the time about what a big club they were. Still thought they were magic and special when they were losing all over the place. And then the Spice Boys bollocks.

Told this story before however...

In May 1987, there was a young Tottenham fan attending the FA Cup Final (cost £6).

He lived in Wembley and it was the first time he had gone to a Spurs match "on his own", although he was meeting some school mates at Wembley Park.

He was proper togged up, everything he had that was anything to do with Spurs was with him, hat, scarf, wrist bands (this was the 80s), pin badge, etc, etc.

He stood behind one of the goals and sang his lungs out, only to be denied his wish for a Spurs win and his heart was broken... (which would turn out not to be last time either).

On his walk home through Wembley Park onto Park Lane onto the High Road towards Sudbury, he was sang at, verbally abused, vilified and laughed at by the celebrating Coventry fans.

That young lad's eyes welled up and he wanted to cry (he might have done a little bit), he vowed that he would HATE Coventry until the last breath left his body.

They are cunts.

Yes... that boy was me.
Full kit wanker! :sonpoint:

:dierpochhug:

Liverpool with out a shadow of a doubt.
No one else comes close, unless we go north of the border.
Have never really hated Man u. Yep, they were annoying the slack they got cut in the Fergie days, but have never hated them.

There is a bit of a backlash on the podcasts I listen to on pool recently, mainly their self righteous attitude and dickhead twitter fans.

Stopped the scum winning more, unless playing us I loved man u in the 90s

nah they're cunts too clicked their fingers and plucked the best talent from any team below them.

Sheringham, Carrick, Berbatov, Smith, Ferdinand, Rooney, VDS, Saha, RVP etc etc list is endless. They're arrogant wankers too just not at the red scouse level.

Back
Top Bottom