Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The media and other fans cant wait to mock him. Just because he hasn't scored for a few games for England they are on his back. They then wonder why we as a country never win anything. It has happened with all our best players for as long as I can remember.

Harry Kane revelling in life under Jose Mourinho as Tottenham chase trophies​

Harry Kane feels he is performing at his best ever level at Tottenham thanks to the influence of Jose Mourinho and a mindset within the squad “to do whatever it takes to get the job done”.

The 27-year-old has already been directly involved in 23 goals in all competitions for Spurs this season, taking his record to an eye-watering 201 goals in 301 appearances for his boyhood club.

Those goalscoring feats have yet to translate into trophies at Tottenham, but this could be the campaign when promise turns into silverware judging by the way things have started.

Serial winner Mourinho’s Spurs spent the international break second in the Premier League standings and the future looks bright in north London.

“We’ve got a long, long way to go,” Kane told the PA news agency. “A long old season.

“I think, as proven in my career so far, it takes a lot to get over the line. We haven’t quite done that yet.

“We’ve been close a few times so we know there’s going to be a lot of hard work from now until then to do that.

“It’s been a good start. Obviously we lost the first game against Everton which was disappointing, but since then we’ve been unbeaten in the league.

“Even the dropped points we had against West Ham and Newcastle with last minute goals should have been wins from our point of view.

“Look, we’re playing well. I still think that we can improve and get better but obviously we’re second in the league.

“We’re in November, there’s still a lot of games to play, but we’re in a good spot.”

Tottenham have a tough-looking schedule coming up after the international break, which Mourinho spent plotting how to kick on through the frantic festive period.

Some expressed concerns about how Kane would fare under the Portuguese, but the former Chelsea and Manchester United boss has helped take his game up a further notch by allowing him to operate more in the number 10 role.

“It’s been great to have him just at the training ground, on the training field,” said Kane, who is supporting the Football Shirt Friday event on November 20 that helps fund the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK’s life-saving research into bowel cancer.

“Just learning and seeing how he goes about his business, seeing how he deals with different situations and problems, so that’s all been great to learn.

“I think he saw in my game that I like to drop deep so he made it clear to the others – like Sonny, Stevie, Bale, Lamela, Lucas, all these players – that if I do drop deep then they need to be the ones running in behind.

“I think that’s been the real difference. It’s allowed me to create space and get the ball but have an option going forward as well.

“Yeah, he’s been great and I look forward to obviously the months ahead and getting on really well.”

Asked whether the move into a number 10 role could help prolong his career, Kane said: “Yeah, but I think obviously I’ve still been playing as a nine as well and I think that’s the beauty of what’s been working well this season.

“I’m still a number nine, I can still run in behind, I still hold up the ball, I still bring others into play.

“But then obviously I can drop deep into them little holes as well, so for a defender difficult to know what to do – whether to come and stay with me or stay in their position.

“Look, I’m still 27 so I’m not really thinking about prolonging my career at the moment.

“But, for me, it’s just about performing every week and I feel like I’m doing that probably at the highest I’ve ever done it.”

Kane’s performances are being matches by those of long-term team-mate Son Heung-min, with the pair’s symbiotic relationship benefiting Spurs in some style.

“I think we’re both at a stage in our careers where we want to be winning stuff – we want to be doing everything to win,” the England captain said.

“We’re both a little bit older, so we’re both probably becoming leaders in the team and Sonny’s definitely taken that role and responsibility on as well.

“We both know our abilities really well as we’ve played with each other for a long time now.

“I think this season for a lot of us was just time to step up, time to do whatever it takes to get the job done and obviously so far so good.

“Sonny’s been finishing a lot of the chances, scoring a lot of goals, creating a lot of chances, so from our point of view, from a team point of view, that’s great.

“If we’re scoring two or three goals a game, then obviously we should be winning the majority of them.”

:: Fans are encouraged to wear their favourite shirt with pride at home, work or school on November 20 as part of Football Shirt Friday and donate £5 to the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK. For more information visit www.bobbymoorefund.org

But it's not a friendly...

Kane hasn't started a friendly for England since the 6th February 2018.

You're telling me we needed Kane against Maccabi Haifa??

3 days before going to Old Trafford??

Bollocks.

Kane plays because he's the best striker in the world - he'll be rested in the Europa League and get his rest.

What do you mean it's not a friendly. It's in a nothing tournament league that replaces friendlies and one in which we had no interest anyway as our position would not change. Pointless game simple! Europa League games are ones we needed to win regardless of the opposition.

What do you mean it's not a friendly. It's in a nothing tournament league that replaces friendlies and one in which we had no interest anyway as our position would not change. Pointless game simple! Europa League games are ones we needed to win regardless of the opposition.

Why does it bother you that Harry Kane plays for his country?

Are you feeling okay?

Do you need a telephone number?

Well it does matter.

Mourinho cannot moan that Kane is being picked for his country and "needs a rest" if he's then willing to go and play him in Europa League games against second rate opposition when we have our best squad in decades, capable of beating these teams.

Kane playing 3 games this week is no different to when he played 3 games in a week for us. In fact, it's even less because the games he tends to play in at international level are much slower. FFS, this Iceland game is a glorified training match, which will do nothing but keep his match fitness up. Kane playing just 1 game in 14 days is not good.

Since the international break he's got MORE rest than he usually would.

Well no it doesn't. Whilst your right we don't need kane against this Europa opposition. We've proven otherwise and struggled hence he plays. I don't like it either but sadly that's a fact. Either way it's a competitive game that we MUST win. If we've already qualified or have no hope of qualifying like England the other day then he should not play and be saved for the league.

Why does it bother you that Harry Kane plays for his country?

Are you feeling okay?

Do you need a telephone number?

So a joke about mental health makes you feel good about your stupid point. Well done you.

It bothers me when he is picked for pointless games that mean absolutely nothing. You keep going on about the Europa League lol. Sure you're a spurs fan? Wrong forum I think.

Well no it doesn't. Whilst your right we don't need kane against this opposition. We've proven otherwise and struggled hence he plays. I don't like it either but sadly that's a fact. Either way it's a competitive game that we MUST win. If we've already qualified or have no hope of qualifying like England the other day then he should not play and be saved for the league.

We beat LASK 3-0 without him. He absolutely isn't needed in these group games and I'll say it again, just specially for you, if Mourinho plays him in them, when Vinicius is available, then he cannot criticise Southgate ever again.

If we cannot qualify from that god awful Europa League group without needing to play Harry Kane then we may as well fold as a football club.

So a joke about mental health makes you feel good about your stupid point. Well done you.

It bothers me when he is picked for pointless games that mean absolutely nothing. You keep going on about the Europa League lol. Sure you're a spurs fan? Wrong forum I think.

Wasn't making a joke - I am genuinely worried about your wellbeing when on a Friday night you're getting worked up over a 2 day old post.

You're the only one in this thread today who has brought up the Europa League so settle yourself down. It's not that deep. It's football.

We beat LASK 3-0 without him. He absolutely isn't needed in these group games and I'll say it again, just specially for you, if Mourinho plays him in them, when Vinicius is available, then he cannot criticise Southgate ever again.

If we cannot qualify from that god awful Europa League group without needing to play Harry Kane then we may as well fold as a football club.

Wasn't making a joke - I am genuinely worried about your wellbeing when on a Friday night you're getting worked up over a 2 day old post.

You're the only one in this thread today who has brought up the Europa League so settle yourself down. It's not that deep. It's football.
Well we didn't beat Antwerp after he came on and we struggled in the next game with him too. So no it clearly means he was needed to qualify early as possible so he can be rested once the job is done . Read your points again, you mentioned Europa throughout. Doesn't matter what day you wrote it does it.

Lol no I'm not worked up at all. Are you?? It was a notification waiting in the app that drew my attention to your post. Do hope that's ok with you. Maybe be concerned about Kane's wellbeing instead as you're such a dedicated supporter.

Well we didn't beat Antwerp after he came on and we struggled in the next game with him too. So no it clearly means he was needed to qualify early as possible so he can be rested once the job is done . Read your points again, you mentioned Europa throughout. Doesn't matter what day you wrote it does it.

We didn't struggle against Ludogorets at all. What a ridiculous take. Are you sure you even watched the game?

Lol no I'm not worked up at all. Are you?? It was a notification waiting in the app that drew my attention to your post. Do hope that's ok with you. Maybe be concerned about Kane's wellbeing instead as you're such a dedicated supporter.

Why would I be worked up? I've made my points.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Harry Kane, the best striker in world football, playing in games of football. Whether that's Nations League for England or Europa League for Tottenham.

Aw diddums. Kane's wellbeing. Bless him and his million pounds a month.

I'm sure he'll be alright - he's looking fitter than ever playing all these games. To think, he got more rest during the international break than he'll get the coming week for Spurs and people STILL complain.

We didn't struggle against Ludogorets at all. What a ridiculous take. Are you sure you even watched the game?

Why would I be worked up? I've made my points.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Harry Kane, the best striker in world football, playing in games of football. Whether that's Nations League for England or Europa League for Tottenham.

Aw diddums. Kane's wellbeing. Bless him and his million pounds a month.

I'm sure he'll be alright - he's looking fitter than ever playing all these games. To think, he got more rest during the international break than he'll get the coming week for Spurs and people STILL complain.

Yes I did watch the game. Don't think you did. Weren't you watching Woolwich's pre match build up. The game at one point was 2-1 and they had chances, it was never out of sight and that's with kane in the team. So you tell me again he isn't needed for Europa. Get a grip.

Comparing a game we must win and hardly smashed a team to a game that makes no difference whatsoever. I don't give a shit about nations league nor pointless friendlies. It's not the euros yet when playing every game is necessary. Right now it's a league season and one where there's a lot of games quickly due to the late start. What he gets paid is clearly irrelevant. Lol didums about his wellbeing? More rest then he will for spurs??? LOL. You realise our fixtures coming up? He'll play them all yes, was a friendly needed? Blimey you surely can't be a spurs fan. You do realise his injury record right? You're definitely a gooner

Yeah he is the best striker in the world, you got one thing right which is amazing given everything else you say,.

Yes I did watch the game. Don't think you did. Weren't you watching Woolwich's pre match build up. The game at one point was 2-1 and they had chances, it was never out of sight and that's with kane in the team. So you tell me again he isn't needed for Europa. Get a grip.

We bossed them from start to finish.

Sure, Dier gifted them a goal (shock), but we controlled it all game and probably should have won by 3 or 4 goals as opposed to just the 2.

Right now it's a league season and one where there's a lot of games quickly due to the late start.

If Mourinho does the right thing and rests Kane in the Europa League, he gets pretty much a week between each Premier League game.

If he doesn't rest him, he's done exactly what he criticised Southgate for. Overplaying.

What he gets paid is clearly irrelevant. Lol didums about his wellbeing? More rest then he will for spurs??? LOL. You realise our fixtures coming up? He'll play them all yes, was a friendly needed? Blimey you surely can't be a spurs fan

Yeah he is the best striker in the world, you got one thing right which is amazing given everything else you say,.

Well, yes.

Since our last league game against West Brom to our game against Man City tomorrow. Harry Kane played 166 minutes of football for England.

So between the 8th November to 21st November - he played 166 minutes. That's a pretty decent rest over the course of 2 weeks.

Wthin the next week for Spurs, he's guaranteed to play at least 180 against Man City and Chelsea. And if Mourinho decides to play him for any reason in the Europa League, it's likely that goes over 200 minutes. In 7 days.

That's simple mathematics.

I guess you'd preferred he didn't play at all over the 2 weeks and lost his match sharpness? Leading into what is a crucial period in our season with the fixtures we have coming up? The same Harry Kane who pretty much always struggles to get into the groove of things after time off..

Why are we having this discussion?

You think Harry Kane playing for his country is bad. I don't. Simple as that.

Last edited:
We bossed them from start to finish.

Sure, Dier gifted them a goal (shock), but we controlled it all game and probably should have won by 3 or 4 goals as opposed to just the 2.

If Mourinho does the right thing and rests Kane in the Europa League, he gets pretty much a week between each Premier League game.

If he doesn't rest him, he's done exactly what he criticised Southgate for. Overplaying.

Well, yes.

Since our last league game against West Brom to our game against Man City tomorrow. Harry Kane played 166 minutes of football for England.

So between the 8th November to 21st November - he played 166 minutes. That's a pretty decent rest over the course of 2 weeks.

Wthin the next week for Spurs, he's guaranteed to play at least 180 against Man City and Chelsea. And if Mourinho decides to play him for any reason in the Europa League, it's likely that goes over 200 minutes. In 7 days.

That's simple mathematics.

I guess you'd preferred he didn't play at all over the 2 weeks and lost his match sharpness? Leading into what is a crucial period in our season with the fixtures we have coming up? The same Harry Kane who pretty much always struggles to get into the groove of things after time off..

Why are we having this discussion?

You think Harry Kane playing for his country is bad. I don't. Simple as that.

I don't know why you are going into mathematics and all that rubbish.

As I've said again and again Games for Tottenham need winning, lose and it affects our season. Harry shouldn't play at all in the Europa at this stage but we've not been good enough and therefore he plays. Had he not played against ludo then what so you think the result would have been??? but sadly he's needed.

Games for England in nations league is pointless, playing in a game where we can only finish third regardless of the result even more pointless. He can play for his country in euro warm up games and the actual tournament.

Not a single fan wanted him in that game. Only you. Even when the game was over he is still on til 75th minute or whatever it was. Pointless. Around all these key league games he'll play in Europa too. Hopefully not as much but you cannot say those are meaningless. So if being involved means we win then he has to be.

Fucksake

Continues setting records

Destroyed Laporte & Dias

Showed KDB who the better #10 is

Usual sensational defensive work

Only thing worse than the corona pandemic is the pandemic of morons who can't see Kane is world class and the best cf in the world.. by a distance.

Back
Top Bottom