Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose in fact any good coach won't see it like that. Not everything is binary as we have found with Dele Jose is a systems coach. He won't care if we do not "play football through the middel". If we are winning games. It maybe a problem for the fans like yourself. When we beat city 2 nil last season that was also the case, though I note many fans enjoyed the win mightily. I admit I'd take that same method and result TODAY

It's not just about the aesthetics. And offensively it's not so much of a problem against the likes of City, it's more of a problem when we take 70 minutes and need a set piece to create a half chance against the likes of Burnley and are losing control of games against teams like West Ham and Brighton.

But it's an even bigger problem defensively and in defensive transitions, where we aren’t preventing teams from building through our midfield.

I think our results are being massively skewed by Kane, who has been directly involved in scoring or assisting in 80% of our goals.

I have no problem with periodic pragmatism, but it will still be more effective with a more aggressive, less passive approach and players that can do that and players adept enough with the ball to take advantage of the opportunities that creates.

We’re doing ok, grinding out some results, but struggling to keep clean sheets, and we could actually be better, genuine contender maybe, with some easy upgrades. The easiest being a player to sit next to PEH who can press and use the ball better than Sissoko,

Said before, I don't really mind him playing in these bigger games where we probably either don't expect to keep much possession or we need someone physical to cut things up and help out defensively.

He was good today. Few bits of Sissokoness at times but we're not going to get perfect from someone so limited.

Fair play.

Maybe he doesn’t look his best playing against sides like West Brom, but he remains a massive presence for us against top sides as he has the last 4 seasons. Immense today.

Seriously effective performance from Sissoko. Don't think he's needed against sides we can dominate the ball against, but gets through trojan work on days like this.

It's not just about the aesthetics. And offensively it's not so much of a problem against the likes of City, it's more of a problem when we take 70 minutes and need a set piece to create a half chance against the likes of Burnley and are losing control of games against teams like West Ham and Brighton.

But it's an even bigger problem defensively and in defensive transitions, where we aren’t preventing teams from building through our midfield.

I think our results are being massively skewed by Kane, who has been directly involved in scoring or assisting in 80% of our goals.

I have no problem with periodic pragmatism, but it will still be more effective with a more aggressive, less passive approach and players that can do that and players adept enough with the ball to take advantage of the opportunities that creates.

We’re doing ok, grinding out some results, but struggling to keep clean sheets, and we could actually be better, genuine contender maybe, with some easy upgrades. The easiest being a player to sit next to PEH who can press and use the ball better than Sissoko,

I think my post looks even more prescient. Talking about not working against other teams is not the point as I said before systems and specific opponents is what Jose is all about. Its taken me a while to get used to it ill freely admit but its clear this is what he is doing. He don't give a fuck about cities possession or 22 sjots to our dozen. Sissoko is not a problem nor are the things he can not do just what he can do. Would I swap him for Camavinga hell yes will that happen no. He did what he was supposed to today against a beast of a team. When we need the things he can't do we stand him down. That's what a squad is and he is a team player above all else so won't sulk. Like I said he is not a problem and when we win a trophy (the league) he WILL be a big part of it.

Back
Top Bottom