Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs u18's @ 11.30 on Saturday v Southampton

Spurs u23's away to ManU @ 17.00 Sunday....................ManU TV usually cover these games, just put sound on mute as the commentary is usually ridiculously biased in support for ManU especially suggesting decisions be made by referee to favour them

CCV hasn't made a squad yet for Bournemouth. Thought he looked okay in pre-season, surely a decent Championship level defender?

Dane Scarlett with the hattrick.

5-0

Edit -

Won 7-0.

Scarlett ended up getting 4.

Some talent.

Last edited:
Finished 7-0, the u18's biggest win for about 2 years - think its Scarlett (4 goals), Devine, Paskotski and Santiadgo, but best wait for OS to confirm.

Southampton have had a very productive youth academy for years, so this is an excellent result.

CCV hasn't made a squad yet for Bournemouth. Thought he looked okay in pre-season, surely a decent Championship level defender?

Played almost 100 games for Championship clubs - probably 7 clubs all with different managers requirements so a very experienced player. Don't understand the situation at Bournemouth at all

From 3 fecking weeks ago.

MANAGER Jason Tindall said:
“Cam’s had a really good week’s training. We’ve got some really good work into Cam and I think he’s very close to being at a level where he’s ready to come in and play."

Have no idea how Parrot and Skipp played

from the Beeb website I reckon

Skipp played the whole game, Narch won 1-0 at Boro, they scored their pen and Colin's Wankers missed theirs

Troy came on at 76 replacing Smith the scorer. Cardiff equalised 3 mins later, 1-1

Have no idea how Parrot and Skipp played

from the Beeb website I reckon

Skipp played the whole game, Narch won 1-0 at Boro, they scored their pen and Colin's Wankers missed theirs

Troy came on at 76 replacing Smith the scorer. Cardiff equalised 3 mins later, 1-1
If you check out the Skipp thread the Norwich fans were impressed with Ollie today.

For the u21 match v ManU, I assume Austin (GK), Cirkin, White and Clarke may not play as they may play in Thursday's EL match, but with 4 clear days between the 2 matches they may do.

But if they do not, u21 squad is probably from :

GK - Whiteman, De Bie
Defenders - Ferguson, Okedina, Lyons-Foster, Lavinier,
CM's - Marsh, Thorpe, Omole
AM's - Markanday, Richards, Georgiou, Pochettino, Bennett
Striker - Etete, Mukedini

Its also possible that Danny Rose (played in last u21 game) and Gedson Fernandes could feature.

For the u21 match v ManU, I assume Austin (GK), Cirkin, White and Clarke may not play as they may play in Thursday's EL match, but with 4 clear days between the 2 matches they may do.

But if they do not, u21 squad is probably from :

GK - Whiteman, De Bie
Defenders - Ferguson, Okedina, Lyons-Foster, Lavinier,
CM's - Marsh, Thorpe, Omole
AM's - Markanday, Richards, Georgiou, Pochettino, Bennett
Striker - Etete, Mukedini

Its also possible that Danny Rose (played in last u21 game) and Gedson Fernandes could feature.
This could be a big game for over-age Marsh and Georgiou and even Rose(?).
Should be a few scouts watching (if only on TV) and they all need to get a new club.
Don't know what is going on with Whiteman. I don't think he is training with the 1st team any more and Austin has been selected instead of him for the bench twice for EL games.

Should be a few scouts watching (if only on TV)
Hadn't thought of it that way. Games but no scouts actually there.

TV is no substitute if you need to watch every move that, say, a LB does in a match. Does he switch off when the team is on the attack down the right? 95% of what you do is off the ball - that won't be on the telly!!

And what about all those matches where you can't even get a dodgy stream? Tough for some of these players to get their move.

Hadn't thought of it that way. Games but no scouts actually there.

TV is no substitute if you need to watch every move that, say, a LB does in a match. Does he switch off when the team is on the attack down the right? 95% of what you do is off the ball - that won't be on the telly!!

And what about all those matches where you can't even get a dodgy stream? Tough for some of these players to get their move.

If any team is watching Rose, I think their key interest will be whether he looks fit enough and motivated, and tv will tell them that.

After that I can't see DL charging a big fee, so if an experienced LB| is needed for a mid level PL or top 5 overseas league or even Championship club I'd think Rose would be a decent option.

With younger players, I'd agree but if they record the match they would probably get a certain amount of information. Not sure if scouts could get away with attending matches if they socially distance etc and keep away from players - after all its 'going to work' for them ?

Should be a few scouts watching (if only on TV) and they all need to get a new club.
Don't know what is going on with Whiteman. I don't think he is training with the 1st team any more and Austin has been selected instead of him for the bench twice for EL games.

I think it has been clear for a year now that Austin has a slight edge on Whiteman, but both awarded extended contracts so club wants to keep both.

Surprised one of them isn't on loan now, and hope one gets a loan in January as only Austin has played professional games and that was half a season in Danish 2nd division which is probably closer to League1/2/National League.

Back
Top Bottom