January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Listing RW amongst our pressing needs does this how?

RW is our most stacked position. It's not top four either.... Thus I contradicted your first post.

I think he's got a point. All of our other options are flawed/imperfect. Moura (pea brain), Lamela (bumbles, injured permanently), Bale ( bit flimsy, past his best, injury prone, not ours), Bergwijn (not his best position, not very good)

We do need to upgrade our attacking options, and along with CM are probably high priority.

I think he's got a point. All of our other options are flawed/imperfect. Moura (pea brain), Lamela (bumbles, injured permanently), Bale ( bit flimsy, past his best, injury prone, not ours), Bergwijn (not his best position, not very good)

We do need to upgrade our attacking options, and along with CM are probably high priority.

If Bale proves productive he'll be back next season.... Either way we'll review in the summer.

Not given up on Stevie yet.... Clarke to develop.....

Lucas & Lamela provide credible depth.

RW is NOT "high priority".

Last edited:
As an American there is some real talent coming through the pipeline. Weston, Tyler Adams, and Gio Reyna are the ones most folks know about, but the two below could be players to watch.

Chris Richards - Bayern - CB/RB. Don't know why he would move since he is getting time with CL winners and one of the most exciting clubs right now, but someone to keep an eye on.

Brenden Aaronson - RBS - CM/AM. He is a January transfer to RBS and someone I am pretty excited to see grow under Marsch. He has an eye for goal, great close control, and a fun player to watch.

I can’t remember his full name but there’s a striker called Morris, do you know much about him or if he’s good enough to step up to the EPL.

Jose can now go to Levy and ask for that real DM we need,
if we are in the mix at christmas Levy needs to take that risk and get that extra player, maybe if we sell Dele & davidson we could get in 2 players
yes we spent a lot in the summer, but with that extra DM maybe just maybe we could push on and win the league
we missed out to Leicester as we didn't get extra striker in the Januray transfer window, that stiker would have given Kane a rest in matches or played with Kane to get those extra goals

Move on a few players like Dele for what we can, get another CB, a number 6 most importantly and maybe another AM and squad is pretty much complete.

Backup to Hjojberg ,
If we lose him for a few games we are fucked

But then we potentially halt Skipps development when he's back.

I think we've got to be brave in the second half of the season (Unless of course we can get someone on a short 6 month deal) when it comes to Hojbjerg.

I think we've got to be brave in the second half of the season (Unless of course we can get someone on a short 6 month deal) when it comes to Hojbjerg.

It’s where we are, Mourinho is trying to build a title winning team, I would imagine far as he is concerned Skipp when he returns will have to prove he is good enough.

Not if we decide to move Sissoko on ?

Ideally we'd get someone with a bit more experience that can plug gaps now where needed. In the meantime Skippy can spend this year helping Norwich get promoted and perhaps even an EPL run with them the following year and return here a 22y/o ready to run shit.

...By then we can look at moving the aforementioned signing on.

Back
Top Bottom