Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m over the moon I was wrong about Ndombele being able to turn it around, but that’s point.
He turned it around.

The player he was last season isn’t welcome here, so those isolated flashes of brilliance would mean very little without his application over the summer and this season.
Running around is part of football.

You can’t play it standing around waiting for the ball, or being spent after 20 minutes, so all the talent in the world is not worth keeping if the player can’t apply it regularly in games, for whatever reason.

As for Dele, his first season at 18yrs old eclipsed anything Ndombele has done so far, so I’m not sure why you wouldnt call him a generational talent.
His attitude ruined him, not his lack of of talent.
Told you we see it differently. Ali's technical gifts were never that stunning. I just need to see N'dombele manipulate the ball and dribble to see what he possesses. Your talk of aplication again,misses the point im making. Id not have sold him I had seen easily enough to warrant his retention. I'm not a poster that fixates on other posters so I dont recall if you were one of the people who wanted him sold, dont really care. But I did laugh at those who did.

Told you we see it differently. Ali's technical gifts were never that stunning. I just need to see N'dombele manipulate the ball and dribble to see what he possesses. Your talk of aplication again,misses the point im making. Id not have sold him I had seen easily enough to warrant his retention. I'm not a poster that fixates on other posters so I dont recall if you were one of the people who wanted him sold, dont really care. But I did laugh at those who did.
I wanted him sold because he was rubbish and not trying
I’d want Zidane sold if he was rubbish and not trying too though.

Maybe getting a bit of confidence to play his game, as he knows if he loses the ball, whoever gets it is in for a clattering from PEH, which obviously wasn’t an option last season.

I'm not sure how 'athletic' Ndombele is. He's played several game on the bounce so far and must be reaching 'match fitness'. There was one instance yesterday when de Bruyne (no speedster himself), left him for dead in a 30m 'sprint'.

Having said all that, he's starting to show why someone thought he is worth £60m. Team mates are starting to look to play the ball to him with confidence that he'll start a forward move rather than last season's, 'if I pass to him, I wonder what he do with it? I'll give it Winksy instead!

As far as I'm concerned he can let Hojbjerg and Sissoko do all the hard running and focus on putting Kane, Son and Bale/Lucas in on goal.

A beautiful, lazy chip over the City defence to set up Son yesterday.

I'm starting to get that 16/17 feeling!

Uuugh, if you are a football fan, and you don't get an erection watching that assist there are only few options -
1) You are a woman (hence can't get an erection)
2) You are a gooner (in this instance - fck off from this forum you wee cnut)
3) You are actually not a football fan

That was literally touch of magic. Game changing moment.
Brilliant vision and perfect execution.

Since when did we start noticing and crediting players for movement off the ball lol? I've been hearing about Kane's movement nonstop and not enough about Tanguy's pass.
That movement is class. Tanguy just made it real and Son. I love it

Back
Top Bottom