Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Week after week I come in here and I have to act surprised by his willingness to keep it simple. Didn't think he had it in him. But I am convinced now that he can be the DM we wanted.

Hats off to him. I just didn't think he would be willing to stop being a B2B mid, but he clearly wants to win and has taken this opportunity and owned it.

Jose deserves credit too because he has coached him to remove some of the riskiness he had in his game.

There's only 3 games tops left in the Carabao cup if we go all the way.
He's not critically required in the Ropey league group stage.
Just need to keep him fit for the league games.
Just remember, we're probably not going to be trying to win 4 comps.
Mourinho will likely only play him in the FAC if we get a shit fixture early, otherwise it'll be baxckups against lower league teams.

Right, so the EL knockouts will just be thrown will they? .....And assuming we get past Stoke in the LC you're happy to half-arse it in the semi finals and potential final are you? (Add to that Denmark seem more than happy to play him 3/3 games in int. breaks too)

The season doesn't end in January and longer term fatigue will set over the course of the season for all players; more so those without legit cover to rotate with.

Nice note in this article how he was directing us to keep our shape:

Another example which shows the midfield’s alertness and execution of the plan is midway through the first half when Ndombele is thinking of moving out to press Ruben Dias. Hojbjerg signals to him to keep his place because he knows that himself and Sissoko have to defend the channels.

Ndombele abides and the probability of City having a player in that free central space becomes zero.

Does make me wonder what will happen when the fans come back, what if our players won't be able to hear him 😅

Nice note in this article how he was directing us to keep our shape:

Does make me wonder what will happen when the fans come back, what if our players won't be able to hear him 😅

In that respect 'fans out' could prove to have been gold and by the time fans are back the boys may well have learned the ways of the force.

Hopefully, we get good draws but we are Spurs.

It would be interesting to see if we go in for another DM in January as well though. There are a few players that will / could potentially leave in some capacity like Dele, Fernandes and/or Winks so there should be space in the squad. Skipp should be back with the team again in the Summer and from what I hear he's doing fantastically well on loan so the manager may feel we can wait until then to have 2 DMs.

PEH seems like the kind of player who would respect the decision to rest him but then go into the bathroom and grip the towel rack.

Week after week I come in here and I have to act surprised by his willingness to keep it simple. Didn't think he had it in him. But I am convinced now that he can be the DM we wanted.

Hats off to him. I just didn't think he would be willing to stop being a B2B mid, but he clearly wants to win and has taken this opportunity and owned it.

Jose deserves credit too because he has coached him to remove some of the riskiness he had in his game.

Yep - me and you were both sceptical. Even during pre-season where he seemed a bit more box to box and even when partnered with Winks seemed to be more advanced of the two.

Then the Everton game happened where he played similar to pre-season. But then he (and Spurs in general tbh) turned it round in the second half against Southampton and we haven't really looked back.

His body positioning when receiving the ball, his ability to either just play the simple ball or put enough pace and power on a pass forward to eliminate a midfield player is just really really good. Better then I could ever have imagined when we did sign him.

Yep - me and you were both sceptical. Even during pre-season where he seemed a bit more box to box and even when partnered with Winks seemed to be more advanced of the two.

Then the Everton game happened where he played similar to pre-season. But then he (and Spurs in general tbh) turned it round in the second half against Southampton and we haven't really looked back.

His body positioning when receiving the ball, his ability to either just play the simple ball or put enough pace and power on a pass forward to eliminate a midfield player is just really really good. Better then I could ever have imagined when we did sign him.

Yeah, the difference between his first couple of games and now is huge. He was ahead of Winks most of the play and it made little sense being that he is a better ball winner than Winks.

I don't like Jose, but again props to the man for really making the game simple for PEH. We play such a direct game that he really isn't asked to try to beat players on the dribble, which is where he was found out a lot last year at SH. His range of passing has been good and I expected as much. Very pleased with him.

I thought he would probably be a decent or fair to middling type of signing but so far he makes an absolute mockery of his £15M transfer fee.

There are so many aspects to his game that it’s ridiculous.

What you mentioned, his positioning and his array of passing is just a sample of why he’s so good.

His defensive contribution is just as impressive! Knows when to go deep into a tackle or sit back, knows where he should be etc.

What’s amazing is that he contributes so much defensively and offensively, and does so in a way that changes the balance and the shape of the team so that everyone around him plays better as a consequence.

Our defenders look so much more solid as a consequence of PEH. Our offence looks so much better, especially Tanguy, because PEH covers so well for him.

He’s like the main cog in a machine that makes all the other parts function well. May just be the most important player at the mo in some ways.

There are so many aspects to his game that it’s ridiculous.

What you mentioned, his positioning and his array of passing is just a sample of why he’s so good.

His defensive contribution is just as impressive! Knows when to go deep into a tackle or sit back, knows where he should be etc.

What’s amazing is that he contributes so much defensively and offensively, and does so in a way that changes the balance and the shape of the team so that everyone around him plays better as a consequence.

Our defenders look so much more solid as a consequence of PEH. Our offence looks so much better, especially Tanguy, because PEH covers so well for him.

He’s like the main cog in a machine that makes all the other parts function well. May just be the most important player at the mo in some ways.

Iggy Pops reading this post like:

:parker:Nnnnnnggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom