Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Lucas.

Feel he sometimes gets a bit of a rough ride from some Spurs fans but he is, as alluded to above, almost the perfect squad player.

He's perhaps not someone you'd hang your hat on for starting every game but a very useful player and looking at his goals to games etc it's not actually all that bad - it's about 1 in 4 over his time at Spurs across all the competitions. Definitely better to have a player that contributes enough in that sense - and the probability is many of his appearances have came as a sub which probably makes his stats even better than they appear on the surface.

Like Lamela and Bergwijn, there are more positives to him being in the squad than negatives and as long as they are happy doing a job for the squad as opposed to be nailed on starters they are all exactly what we need if we really do have the lofty aspirations we say we do.

I love Lucas.

Feel he sometimes gets a bit of a rough ride from some Spurs fans but he is, as alluded to above, almost the perfect squad player.

He's perhaps not someone you'd hang your hat on for starting every game but a very useful player and looking at his goals to games etc it's not actually all that bad - it's about 1 in 4 over his time at Spurs across all the competitions. Definitely better to have a player that contributes enough in that sense - and the probability is many of his appearances have came as a sub which probably makes his stats even better than they appear on the surface.

Like Lamela and Bergwijn, there are more positives to him being in the squad than negatives and as long as they are happy doing a job for the squad as opposed to be nailed on starters they are all exactly what we need if we really do have the lofty aspirations we say we do.
I suspect going about 20 games without doing anything in front of goal wore people out with him.
If the team isn't playing well and a regular starter isn't providing anything to it, they fall down the list.
He's a great asset to the squad, but I don't think he's a starter/90 minute player.
At least, the way he plays at the moment means that. We don't benefit from him winning free kicks all over the place unless, like Kane the other day, we're winning and trying to disrupt play.

Got mammoth credit in the bank for PSV. What did we make getting to CL final?

His pace destroyed Maureen's United at OT.

If he's used in the right way he can be dynamite. José's managed very well to get more and better tunes out of Dier, Sissoko, Aurier. I'd like to see whether he can work out how to use him best. Could defo do with some more assists.

For a small guy he's great in the air. High balls up to him for flick-ons to Son racing through for one on ones, something we should do more of. Lots of goals there imo.

love the enthusiasm, but he's got to go this summer. We can do so much better with one of the better kids from the championship for 20m or so.

I know Moura can be frustrating at times. But I believe he should be starting over Berg.

Atleast he knows how to attack a little.

By attack do you mean run the ball into defenders and run into the space other attackers are already in?

I know Moura can be frustrating at times. But I believe he should be starting over Berg.

Atleast he knows how to attack a little.

He doesn’t though, he just runs into people and falls over. He hardly ever gets a goal or an assist.

Bergwijn works just as hard as him and is a better technical player. He’s also much younger. Lucas is an average player and deservedly lost his starting place.

About time this guy got some decent playing time. Anybody that thinks bergwijn should be starting ahead of him should look at their stats so far this season.

Back
Top Bottom