And if you know your history

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My Facebook memories reminding me that ten years ago today I was at Old Trafford thinking about taking a hit out on Gomes and Nani for respectively being useless and for being a sneaky wee cunt. Yes. That “goal”.

Today's Facebook memory has pitched up with one year ago today, watching Ardiles levels of banter as we pumped Olympiacos 4-2. Lovely.

In other news, eleven years ago, I was in a gay club in Inverness, full of gin and pills, singing Total Eclipse Of The Heart on karaoke. So there.

Now.....did you stay to the end?

:harrylol:
We did (my daughter and I). Plenty left at 3-1 never mind 4-2!
Only ever left before the end of a game once - and it served me right.
Home to Coventry, night game - 79/80 we were poncing around time wasting, when Coventry broke away and made it 3-3 in the last couple of minutes. I was so peeved off that I stormed out of the ground. Walking up Park Lane, I heard the roar of the crowd. Falco had scored to make it 4-3.

On this day 1997.

Everton 0 Spurs 2
Christian Gross, an unknown Swiss manager had been appointed to replace Gerry Francis and he started with a comfortable win at Goodison Park. His compatriot, Ramon Vega, scored the first goal and David Ginola got the second to ensure that Spurs took the three points. The star of the show was goalkeeper, Espen Baardsen, who made a number of important saves to keep Spurs in the game as Everton toiled to get some reward for their efforts. If his managerial career at Tottenham started brightly for Gross reality set in quickly in the next game at home to Chelsea when Spurs were totally outclassed.

When was the last time we were top of the league in December?

How long have we been top for now 3 weeks? When was the last time we were top for that long?

Last edited:
Spurs were top on 8 October 1966 after 11 games (same as currently), trying to remember any time since. By December of course normally many more than 11 games, late start to this season.

edit, also 29 December 1984 after 22 games.
If you knew that, so impressed. If you Googled it, not so much! 🤭

A couple of Facebook memories for today:

1. Chelsea losing to Corinthians in the World Club Cup 8 years ago. Joyous.

2. My status of “ So happy just now, I would let Niko Kranjcar do me up the chutney. Wouldn't even ask for a reach-around”, appears to be because of Niko’s performance in our 3-0 pumping of Man City 11 years ago. Put us three points clear in fifth place, of the mighty Birmingham City and just behind 4th place Villa. The fuck?

16th December 1978 - my first visit to Old Trafford to see us play.
Went there every season up to and including 1988/89.
Saw us win there twice in the cups, but never in the League.
The first one I miss - 16th December 1989 we win 1-0. :wall:
31st wedding anniversary today.

Happy Anniversary to you and MrsPete27.

Enjoy your anniversary.

My wife and I will celebrate 31 years in 2021.
The year Spurs win the title. :)

Back
Top Bottom