Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbh I agree about both of the issues that he's trying to tackle.
  • PL *should* have 5 subs this season. Every single top league have it. FIFA have allowed it (even recommended it I believe). But the shit PL clubs that are opposing it think they know better than everyone. La Liga have the 5 subs rule and looking at their table, 2 of the top 4 in there are surprise packages. They aren't crying that the 5 subs rule have given the traditional big clubs too much advantage.
  • Playing in the early morning slot immediately after a European fixture is absurd. Again, no other top league forces their teams to go through that. We played WBA on Sunday morning after a Europa League match on Thursday. That shouldn't have happened either. Afternoon or evening slots on Sunday or the Monday night slots should be reserved for teams playing Europa. It's tougher to pick schedules for the EL teams but for the CL teams, it's really not that difficult - clubs should either play Tuesday/Saturday or Wednesday/Sunday.
Having said that I'm loving the fact that Kloop is losing it a bit. :roflmao: And I really hope that the media turn on him for not reciprocating their behaviour (sucking) towards him.

It's hard to translate between baseball and football (and American and non-American leagues), but more or less (as an example):

The Red Sox had one of the best players in the league, Mookie Betts. They drafted him in 2011, he had been with the Red Sox since 2014, he won the Most Valuable Player award in 2018 when the Red Sox won the title. He just turned 27 a month ago, so another 5-6 years of prime age for baseball. He's not a hometown guy but he'd been with the Red Sox organization his who professional career.

Prior to this season (and COVID) in February 2020, the Red Sox traded him to another team competing for the title (Los Angeles Dodgers) because he was due a new contract and they didn't want to pay it. The Red Sox are very similar to Liverpool in terms of history, fan base, wealth, etc... and FSG and their owners are rich, but they run their teams a certain way. The Dodgers went on to win the World Series this year with Betts playing a huge part.

This is not out of character for FSG, and this is going to happen to Liverpool. They won't be bad, just like the Red Sox are not bad, but FSG are going to run the club like they run the Red Sox - they aren't going to make decisions that go against how they operate, even if it means giving up a chance for trophies.

What I think this means for Liverpool is that they are going to lose some key, but older, players in the next year or two (Mane, Salah, etc..). They will probably have another 2-3 years in them, but FSG will not give them the deals they are looking for and will let them go/sell them instead. FSG are not going to take money out of their pocket to support the club.

So the fact that Liverpool did not spend big this summer did not surprise me because of how FSG operates in general.
Ehh, as someone who follows baseball I can't totally agree with this. Baseball has an odd payment structure where players make minimum wage (500,000 or so) their first 3 years, do arbitration the next 3 (8,10,12 million) for an average player, and then sign enormous free agent contracts after 6 years if they are still at a competitive age (top players break 30 million/year). It's perfectly reasonable not to want to overpay for a free agent because you'll get better financial value getting young talent that can play for cheaper and you can reinvest elsewhere.

This won't end well, every interviewer now will be pressing his buttons. I think the pressure of the job is getting to him. He knows he'll never repeat the 2 years they had 19/20 and that golden run was his peak.

You’ve got to think Mourinho will be licking his lips after seeing klopp behaving like that today. I bet he references it in the build up to our game with them in a couple of weeks. Perfect ammo for one of Jose’s mind game pre match.

Ehh, as someone who follows baseball I can't totally agree with this. Baseball has an odd payment structure where players make minimum wage (500,000 or so) their first 3 years, do arbitration the next 3 (8,10,12 million) for an average player, and then sign enormous free agent contracts after 6 years if they are still at a competitive age (top players break 30 million/year). It's perfectly reasonable not to want to overpay for a free agent because you'll get better financial value getting young talent that can play for cheaper and you can reinvest elsewhere.
I agree that it's not the best comparison, but the broader point I was trying to make is that one team cared about doing things one way (Red Sox) and the other team cared about winning titles (Dodgers).

FSG have clearly done a lot of things in a very smart way at Liverpool, but I think some Liverpool fans will be a bit shocked at some of the decisions they make in the next couple of seasons.

Footballers crying about decisions in their game on Twitter.

Peak fucking modern football that.

I hope the cuntisphere shat all over him....

Nice though that dispite his indignation he managed to include 3 pictures of himself in the tweet though.

Muggy twat.

Playing in the early morning slot immediately after a European fixture is absurd. Again, no other top league forces their teams to go through that. We played WBA on Sunday morning after a Europa League match on Thursday. That shouldn't have happened either. Afternoon or evening slots on Sunday or the Monday night slots should be reserved for teams playing Europa. It's tougher to pick schedules for the EL teams but for the CL teams, it's really not that difficult - clubs should either play Tuesday/Saturday or Wednesday/Sunday.
Playing devils advocate, what truly is the difference between playing Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon? If a player is too tired after playing in Europe in a Sunday morning game then 3 or 6 hours later isn’t going to do anything for their stamina or health.

IMO it’s the same damn thing.

Playing devils advocate, what truly is the difference between playing Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon? If a player is too tired after playing in Europe in a Sunday morning game then 3 or 6 hours later isn’t going to do anything for their stamina or health.

IMO it’s the same damn thing.
Morning routine changes a bit. Extra few hours of rest. Little things but I think they do help. Mostly psychological I guess. Maybe Zest Zest can put up a scientific explanation.

Tbh I've always noticed clubs struggling in early kickoffs after a European fixture. But a little less in an evening fixture.

Imagine winning the league with all the current bitterness from these cunts and our rivals. Just. Fucking. Imagine. It.

tenor.gif

I agree that it's not the best comparison, but the broader point I was trying to make is that one team cared about doing things one way (Red Sox) and the other team cared about winning titles (Dodgers).

FSG have clearly done a lot of things in a very smart way at Liverpool, but I think some Liverpool fans will be a bit shocked at some of the decisions they make in the next couple of seasons.

I don’t know when Mane/Salah’s contracts run out but it could be one to keep an eye on.

This won't end well, every interviewer now will be pressing his buttons. I think the pressure of the job is getting to him. He knows he'll never repeat the 2 years they had 19/20 and that golden run was his peak.
Depends on how you look at it. In my opinion, burning rivers of Klopp tears which ultimately will give him the sack is the most phenomenal ending of all time.

Morning routine changes a bit. Extra few hours of rest. Little things but I think they do help. Mostly psychological I guess. Maybe Zest Zest can put up a scientific explanation.
"Scientific"

tenor.gif

He's as likely to recommend lodging a magic crystal up ones rectum to absorb bad bodily humors as he is to make a cogent observation on nutrition.

Disgusting that they even open their mouths about injustice considering the scheduling last season gave them every advantage. The VAR and officials gifted them countless points and scum like Robertson were protected weekly. And i 'm not even going to mention the diving.

Back
Top Bottom