Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loan update

Troy Parrott completed 63 minutes of Millwall's 0-0 draw.
Oliver Skipp played the whole of Norwich's 1-1 draw.
Kazaiah Sterling came on in the 66th minute, as Southend lost 3-0.
Josh Oluwayemi played the second half (debut) as Maidenhead lost 2-0
TJ Eyoma played the 90 minutes as Lincoln lost 2-0.

Under-18s foiled by late Leicester leveller | Tottenham Hotspur

Hayton, Cesay, Hackett, Matthew Craig (Haysman 68), Muir (c), Paskotsi, Whittaker, Michael Craig (Scarlett 68), Donley, Robson (John 54), Mundle.

Substitute (not used): Maguire.

Debuts for Hayton (GK) and Donley (Spurs u16 and E u15 striker, previously played for Northern Ireland youth who gets Spurs goal).

Jamie Donley played for Spurs u18's in pre season when Scarlett played for Spurs first team.

What chance has Eyoma got of making it at Spurs? He was highly rated wasn't he?
I've mentioned elsewhere but I have an ST at MK so watch quite a bit of league 1. Against MK he was solid but seemed surprisingly uncomfortable on the ball but I don't know if that's down to how Lincoln play.
Overall I think he will be another Ogilvie who's carved out a very solid career I league 1 but probably just lacking that something special to be a regular in the PL.

16 year old Devine definitely with the u23 now. Great for him.

No Scarlett or Whiteman though, who I assume will be with the squad on Thursday.

Edit - Danny Rose with the assist for Etete. 1-1,at Ht

Last edited:
White starts. That's his photo.
I thought he would as Bergwijn will likely take his place on the bench for Lask.

The EL match isn't until Thursday, so I'd suggest anyone starting this match will not start on Thursday but could be on bench for Thursday - you may recall a couple of seasons ago that Ryan Manson started an u23 match away against Sunderland on a Monday evening before coming off the bench on a Wednesday night (with Harry Kane) in a league cup match v Notts Forest to play in his first match of the season, and indeed score the first goal to start a comeback.

I think that just as last EL match there will be say 5 or so youngsters on the 10 man bench, so White may well be on it..

Last edited:

This won't directly affect Spurs as we do not recruit that many overseas youngsters.

But I think ManU have hoovered up about a dozen youngsters for their u18/u21's in the last 12 months - which means that it may be more 'competitive' for Spurs to sign up the best English youngsters - and I imagine the best Irish youngsters will be looking for English ancestry if they want to join PL clubs.

This won't directly affect Spurs as we do not recruit that many overseas youngsters.

But I think ManU have hoovered up about a dozen youngsters for their u18/u21's in the last 12 months - which means that it may be more 'competitive' for Spurs to sign up the best English youngsters - and I imagine the best Irish youngsters will be looking for English ancestry if they want to join PL clubs.

So City can just get one of the other teams they own like Girona to just hold the overseas players with potential until they're 18. We might as well go and buy some random 3rd tier Bulgarian team for a tenner to overseas player launder. I guess it will just make it so they no longer count as homegrown

So City can just get one of the other teams they own like Girona to just hold the overseas players with potential until they're 18. We might as well go and buy some random 3rd tier Bulgarian team for a tenner to overseas player launder. I guess it will just make it so they no longer count as homegrown
Plan for overseas players in England post-Brexit launched (thefa.com)

Looks like over 18 players (including any warehoused by the likes of Girona) will need to have played enough broad to be considered worthy to be allowed to play in UK

Won't stop established players coming to Pl but maybe would stop more N'Jie, Nkoudou ....and more Foyth

Back
Top Bottom