The Mighty Spurs vs Woolwich Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s the thing since those those games we haven’t really attacked in any game and scored very few goals. We can’t keep living off those two games. Results have been good but generally play has been poor in terms of creating chances. Just a thought but if we fail to win anything this season will Kane and som hang around ? Knowing that they barely get a chance or get into the opposition pen box. We have some of the best forwards in the PL and basically make them play like defenders. It’s working at the moment but not sure it’s sustainable. Pool seem to find a way of attacking and keeping it tight at the back even when they have had a bunch of players out. I’m sure it’s not mutually exclusive winning games and playing attackimg football playing on the front foot!
Ah fuck off buzz killington

That’s the thing since those those games we haven’t really attacked in any game and scored very few goals. We can’t keep living off those two games. Results have been good but generally play has been poor in terms of creating chances. Just a thought but if we fail to win anything this season will Kane and som hang around ? Knowing that they barely get a chance or get into the opposition pen box. We have some of the best forwards in the PL and basically make them play like defenders. It’s working at the moment but not sure it’s sustainable. Pool seem to find a way of attacking and keeping it tight at the back even when they have had a bunch of players out. I’m sure it’s not mutually exclusive winning games and playing attackimg football playing on the front foot!
You don’t like winning then?

And it took klopp 2 half years to win league with liverpool

That’s the thing since those those games we haven’t really attacked in any game and scored very few goals. We can’t keep living off those two games. Results have been good but generally play has been poor in terms of creating chances.
We've done what we needed to do, I was absolutely livid when we threw away a 3 goal lead against west ham, Today we scored two great goals and we defended against Woolwich comfortably. We can't thrash teams 6-0 every game.
Just a thought but if we fail to win anything this season will Kane and som hang around ? Knowing that they barely get a chance or get into the opposition pen box. We have some of the best forwards in the PL and basically make them play like defenders. It’s working at the moment but not sure it’s sustainable. Pool seem to find a way of attacking and keeping it tight at the back even when they have had a bunch of players out. I’m sure it’s not mutually exclusive winning games and playing attackimg football playing on the front foot!
They are two of the top scorers in the prem and look like they are enjoying themselves immensely. It's always a worry they might go if we don't win anything, But where would they go to? I can only really see city and they are playing catch up to Liverpool, like everyone else.

what ok we just gonna ignore his 20 odd trophies right!!
I didnt say anything like that, just that his style of play is frustrating. Every football fan on the planet pretty much says the same.
The only fans that appreciate his style are those at the club where he is winning so if he wins us some trophies then beggars cannot be choosers.
I certainly won't be, but its still very frustrating to watch imo, but if he doesn't then things can very quickly go bad just like at utd and Madrid and chelski the 2nd time.
Let's hope we are inter Milan or chelski the first time...time will tell

What these pseudo-experts in the studios/gantry/press/media don't stop for one second to reflect, is, we are Top Of The League, with two fairly slow moving (or lacking one faster) CB's, who are also not quick on the turn, Low Block and most everything in front, or time to half turn onto their side before engaging, makes them two of the best CB's in the League, presently.

Don't take their bait...

Best defence, rapid counter attack, technically brilliant attack, dogged midfield, two dynamic young schemers at AM/B2B/Knitters. We have a chance in every competition, if key players can stay fit.

Nobody saw this coming, did they? I certainly didn't.

Genius squad overall and technical adjustments this season, so far, from Jose and Backroom.

iu
Well said mate!

Was the 'excitement' of letting leads slip in the 2-2 last year or the 4-2 the year before somehow more "productive"?

Of course, you can call me facetious; but I simply don't get it..... Football isn't simply entertainment... Never has been, never will be.

It's a sporting competition.... And they are our hated rivals.

I was bored.

I’m about to have to take the rest of the year off work after Friday. So I answered emails.

It was productive. End of.

Back
Top Bottom