Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Inter haven't even fallen into the Europa League because they finished last in their group.

Such a shame. Watching Eriksen's face whilst sitting on the bench whilst his former team obliterate his new one that he can't even get into would have been magical. I reckon he would have been torn apart by the Spurs lads who he turned his back on.

Part of me does feel for him. But as Mrs P said (more eloquently than I'm about to). He made his bed. He can fucking well lie in it.

I want to be the bigger person here and feel some sympathy for the guy.

Nah, can't do it. I have no time for anyone who thinks they are too good for us, when it's obvious they're not!

Ouch Mrs P!

Did he really think he was too good for us though? I genuinely think he just wanted a change of scenery and a new challenge.

Bale thought he was too good for us, and at the time he was probably right. I love the fact that he's back, but he left the club under a darker cloud than Eriksen.

Ouch Mrs P!

Did he really think he was too good for us though? I genuinely think he just wanted a change of scenery and a new challenge.

Bale thought he was too good for us, and at the time he was probably right. I love the fact that he's back, but he left the club under a darker cloud than Eriksen.
I wasn't happy with the way Bale treated us either, and I'm pretty ambivalent about his return TBH. But Bale did go to a bigger club and won trophies, and he didn't run down his contact, so we got a bloody good deal on his transfer.
The 'bigger' clubs didn't exactly fall over each other to sign Eriksen up, did they? He was so disengaged towards the end, it was criminal IMO.
I know that 99% of players don't feel the same about the Club as supporters do, and they will go where the money/glory is, but don't expect me to wish them well. I much prefer it when they fall flat on their face. That goes for the likes of Sheringham, Keane, Berbatov, Klinsmann, etc etc.

I wasn't happy with the way Bale treated us either, and I'm pretty ambivalent about his return TBH. But Bale did go to a bigger club and won trophies, and he didn't run down his contact, so we got a bloody good deal on his transfer.
The 'bigger' clubs didn't exactly fall over each other to sign Eriksen up, did they? He was so disengaged towards the end, it was criminal IMO.
I know that 99% of players don't feel the same about the Club as supporters do, and they will go where the money/glory is, but don't expect me to wish them well. I much prefer it when they fall flat on their face. That goes for the likes of Sheringham, Keane, Berbatov, Klinsmann, etc etc.

Have to agree on most of that, especially the last paragraph, but I didn't get that vibe from Eriksen.

I think he just lost form and that's continuing at Inter. He never refused to play for us, and pulled out of tackles as much as he always did.

Ironically Bale was one of the few I actually wanted to succeed, and he did. Didn't feel that way about Modric, the rat-faced Chelsea wannabe.

Can’t believe that anyone would seriously want Eriksen back with our current squad. The guy’s career is crashing and he’s shown mental weakness both with us and Inter. We don’t need pointless goodwill gestures. We’re forming winners. Trophy winners.
Agreed - he won’t even start in our current best 11 - Ndombele is miles better and he doesn’t have Sissoko’s work rate or defensive contribution. So fuck him - not needed here anymore

Have to agree on most of that, especially the last paragraph, but I didn't get that vibe from Eriksen.

I think he just lost form and that's continuing at Inter. He never refused to play for us, and pulled out of tackles as much as he always did.

Ironically Bale was one of the few I actually wanted to succeed, and he did. Didn't feel that way about Modric, the rat-faced Chelsea wannabe.
I don't really get the hate towards Eriksen. Footballers aren't obligated to try and maximize the money the club can recoup in a transfer fee and recent events have shown that the most effective way for players to maximize their options and financial gain is, in fact, to see their contract out.

He played well for us for a number of years, certainly provided more value than his transfer fee and wages to the club. He wanted to go elsewhere - ok. I neither love nor hate him. He was a good player here for several years, he no longer wanted to be here and, as has been point out, we're better off without him now anyway.

The way some dig at players who've left is a bit petty. Not everyone who leaves Tottenham Hotspur is Judas.

Sheringham didn't exactly fall flat on his face, and to be fair, if I wasn't a Spurs fan and was given the choice to go to Man Utd in the mid 90s, wouldn't be much of a choice.
th

I don't really get the hate towards Eriksen. Footballers aren't obligated to try and maximize the money the club can recoup in a transfer fee and recent events have shown that the most effective way for players to maximize their options and financial gain is, in fact, to see their contract out.

He played well for us for a number of years, certainly provided more value than his transfer fee and wages to the club. He wanted to go elsewhere - ok. I neither love nor hate him. He was a good player here for several years, he no longer wanted to be here and, as has been point out, we're better off without him now anyway.

The way some dig at players who've left is a bit petty. Not everyone who leaves Tottenham Hotspur is Judas.
Exactly. It's a business. Fans aren't exactly loyal towards players going through a down spell.

Having dipped a toe in the INDUSTRY (working with young players, agencies - the fact is it's an expensive meat grinding factory), I don't begrudge any player looking out for no1 . Apart from Judas, because he has so many other options where he could've enjoyed just as much as - if not more - success.

Eriksen had no previous personal connection to us, we clearly got his best years, if he fancied something else fair enough, we move on. Are we supposed to hang onto the same players forever?

Sheringham didn't exactly fall flat on his face, and to be fair, if I wasn't a Spurs fan and was given the choice to go to Man Utd in the mid 90s, wouldn't be much of a choice.
th
Oh I know that players are going to move when it suits, and the logic bit of me doesn't blame them, but the Spurs part of me (which is huge compared to the logic part) hates it when they move on, to our detriment.

Apparently Inter are negotiating with Atalanta to send Eriksen up to Bergamo and Atalanta to send Papu Gomez the other way. On a loan initially.

Gomez has fallen out with Gasperini recently and wants out so this could have legs.

Back
Top Bottom