Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So ‘support’ is immediately lavishing praise, turining performances into something they are not and never being critical. And only for select players it seems.
Support is support.

Being positive towards a new player in a new league. Concentrating on the positives.

You look for the negatives in everything. We all know those people in life.

Support is support.

Being positive towards a new player in a new league. Concentrating on the positives.

You look for the negatives in everything. We all know those people in life.

No it’s called selective support.

it only applies to big money high profile signings or were you out defending Stambouli and Fazio to the same degree? Nope thought not.

Lo Celso isn’t a new player as well - he has been here a year and despite his poor season apparnatly he is still not open to critique.

I don’t look for negatives, I don’t look for positives. I judge on what a player does or does not contribute to a team not what I want them to be.

Give it a try some time.

No it’s called selective support.

it only applies to big money high profile signings or were you out defending Stambouli and Fazio to the same degree? Nope thought not.

Lo Celso isn’t a new player as well - he has been here a year and despite his poor season apparnatly he is still not open to critique.

I don’t look for negatives, I don’t look for positives. I judge on what a player does or does not contribute to a team not what I want them to be.

Give it a try some time.
I mean, if you're gonna throw shit in my face, at least be accurate.

Fazio and Vertonghen are our best defenders and should be playing.

I support all new players. I was a huge defender of Aurier, Sissoko etc. I've said a lot on this board I like to give players a couple years adapting at least.

You're the kind of dude whose kid will come back from nursery, proud as punch, having coloured in their first world map. But then you see they haven't kept inside the lines around Wales. "Off to bed with no dinner you useless little shit, can't believe I've raised such a failure!".

Last edited:
Stambouli
Sold after one season, 450 PL minutes and not a single person said “give him a chance” he was just deemed shit.

Njie played 184 PL minutes for us.

It wasn’t “support him and give him time”......it’s was “poor little Pochy being given shit”

This despite both players having massive injury problems

It wasn’t “support him and give him time”......it’s was “poor little Pochy being given shit”
Sammy, pal, sometimes you just talk and talk without any thought...

How you can judge Son and N'Jie already is beyond me.

Bet you said Drogba was shite after a season adjusting as well.

Same with Lamela.

Oh, would you look at that!

Pair of plonkers you two.

I think Gio is more defensively astute than some are giving him credit, so he does fit into the current setup. He has been playing alright, I’m sure he will get better as the season progresses.

I mean, if you're gonna throw shit in my face, at least be accurate.

I support all new players. I was a huge defender of Aurier, Sissoko etc. I've said a lot on this board I like to give players a couple years adapting at least.

You're the kind of dude whose kid will come back from nursery, proud as punch, having coloured in their first world map. But then you see they haven't kept inside the lines around Wales. "Off to bed with no dinner you useless little shit, can't believe I've raised such a failure!".

Then you just give blind support regardless of what they bring to the fold.

And players often don’t get a couple of years , not by the clubs or coaches. We write off most of youth prospects by 19 - we regularly sell players who don’t perform early into their Spurs career.

But who needs critical thinking hey - just give 100% unequivocal support! That’s what real fans do!

Then you just give blind support regardless of what they bring to the fold.

And players often don’t get a couple of years , not by the clubs or coaches. We write off most of youth prospects by 19 - we regularly sell players who don’t perform early into their Spurs career.

But who needs critical thinking hey - just give 100% unequivocal support! That’s what real fans do!
Hahaha, so now I do the exact opposite you just accused me of!

Amazing.

SUPPORT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

''to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed''

tenor.gif

Sold after one season, 450 PL minutes and not a single person said “give him a chance” he was just deemed shit.

Stambouli and Njie were both dog shit and their careers after leaving Spurs have proven that beyond all reasonable doubt.

Personally, I’m still no the fence about Gio - he needs some consistent MotM performances or close to - not just the odd neat pass in 90 mins - here’s hoping as Jose seems to rate him much more than Winks and Dele atm

I call it Soldaldo syndrome - such selective ‘support’ is only applied to certain high profile signings.

Soldaldo was easily the worst for this - it was quite apparent early on something was very wrong with him and yet not only would be endlessly excused there would a huge exaggeration of other areas of his game like his passing or hold up play to try to compensate for this.

It got a point where you thought they were taking about Berbatov is was that far removed from reality.

To a certain degree it’s the same approach to Lo Celso. If you look back to this thread in Feb you can see me taking the piss our if those going overboard on what was a few good performances.

He has been poor this season but nope the narrative doesn’t change and the excuses read their head.

Stambouli and Njie were both dog shit and their careers after leaving Spurs have proven that beyond all reasonable doubt.

Personally, I’m still no the fence about Gio - he needs some consistent MotM performances or close to - not just the odd neat pass in 90 mins - here’s hoping as Jose seems to rate him much more than Winks and Dele atm
Rest my case

Gio always works hard for the team, that's not an issue. His problem this season has been his use of the ball, in his last two starts he was really sloppy and repeatedly turned over the ball when we attempted to break out of our half. He didn't do that last season so I'm sure he's just readjusting to the intensity of club football after a spell injured/on the bench but he must improve quickly.

I think his pass completion against LASK was in the 60% range which is dogshit for a player like him.

I like the fact you don't get banned for reasons only menstruating dickheads know on here, but fuck me this place needs someone to moderate it a bit. The off topic bitchfests that ensue every day kill it

Maybe injury I don’t know. He was in my view our best player last season even if that season was a hard one, hasn’t looked the same this one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom