Spurs Statistics and Records

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eo3FaZNWMAUK6QQ

Pretty sure this is our best start to a season this century and maybe since 1960?

All games
2020-212019-202018-192017-182016-17
16-4-251-199-6-747-3415-1-641-2812-5-538-2010-7-536-18
EPL
7-3-123-93-4-417-168-0-319-107-2-220-75-6-015-6

All time top division finishesPPG
11960-614231472.31
22016-173826842.26
32017-183823872.03

This is both wonderful to see but also points at something we haven't seen much so far, being the side desperately chasing a goal.

Burnley and West Brom aside we've generally been able to take a lead and hold or come back quickly from conceding a goal.

I think we have enough to take down Palace, but it's entirely possible they get a goal and shut up shop, and we go home with only a point.

Pretty sure this is our best start to a season this century and maybe since 1960?

All games
16-4-251-199-6-747-3415-1-641-2812-5-538-2010-7-536-18
EPL
7-3-123-93-4-417-168-0-319-107-2-220-75-6-015-6

All time top division finishesPPG
11960-614231472.31
22016-173826842.26
32017-183823872.03
Joint best. We had 8 wins from the first 11 matches in 2018/19 season. So 24 points as well.

Edit: In fact, our record in that season was insane. Won 15 of the first 19, 20 out of the first 26. We were literally only 2 points behind Man City (who finished with 98 points) with the worst injury list in the league by quite some margin (Fell apart after 26 games though). If we can match that (record after the first 26 games, not the falling apart thing) this season, we'll win the title.

Last edited:
We got more points in the 2011-12 season under Harry Redknapp.

8 wins and 1 draw in 11 games.

25 points.

We actually got 31 points from our first 13 games that season, which is pretty incredible. Something we can't even achieve this year and to get close, we'd have to beat Palace AND Liverpool.

25 points.

We actually got 31 points from our first 13 games that season, which is pretty incredible. Something we can't even achieve this year and to get close, we'd have to beat Palace AND Liverpool.
We were 1 game behind everyone else in that season though. Still, we were absolutely flying until fucking Chris Foy screwed us over against Stoke.

Whenever I see a Spurs fan calling for VAR to be scrapped I wonder if they don't remember the abomination of officiating in that match or in the FA Cup semi-finals against Portsmouth and Chelsea under Redknapp. Or in that match against Chelsea where Sandro had scored a screamer. And a bunch of other matches really.

We were 1 game behind everyone else in that season though. Still, we were absolutely flying until fucking Chris Foy screwed us over against Stoke.

Whenever I see a Spurs fan calling for VAR to be scrapped I wonder if they don't remember the abomination of officiating in that match or in the FA Cup semi-finals against Portsmouth and Chelsea under Redknapp. Or in that match against Chelsea where Sandro had scored a screamer. And a bunch of other matches really.
Any team other than Liverpool and United, and maybe Chelsea should absolutely want VAR. We always get fucked by refs, even in VAR seasons, but it was so much worse in the past.

Hated games at OT cos you could just tell we would be playing against 12 men before the the game even began.

Any team other than Liverpool and United, and maybe Chelsea should absolutely want VAR. We always get fucked by refs, even in VAR seasons, but it was so much worse in the past.

Hated games at OT cos you could just tell we would be playing against 12 men before the the game even began.
United are still getting a ridiculous amount of soft decisions even with VAR. And that's mainly because of that silly "clear and obvious" term in the lawbook. On field refs give soft decisions in their favour and the VAR can't overturn those because they aren't clear and obvious mistakes.

United are still getting a ridiculous amount of soft decisions even with VAR. And that's mainly because of that silly "clear and obvious" term in the lawbook. On field refs give soft decisions in their favour and the VAR can't overturn those because they aren't clear and obvious mistakes.
Yup, worse still, they then have a massive media blitz about how VAR screwed them over. Yeah, VAR turns over some decisions cos the ref made a bad call in your favour in the first place, a decision they don't make for Spurs.

25 points.

We couldn't beat the "top" teams that season and 2011-12 was only our 13th best top flight PPG.
Harry did not take the EL seriously and "all games" 2011-12 was 13-4-5 compared to 16-4-2 this season.
Edit: Our current PPG is 2.18 which would be the 3rd best PPG in our top flight history.

Last edited:
We couldn't beat the "top" teams that season and 2011-12 was only our 13th best top flight PPG.
Harry did not take the EL seriously and "all games" 2011-12 was 13-4-5 compared to 16-4-2 this season.

Cool.

Still our best start to the season.

Yeah I remember we were flying in the early part of that season particularly but can't really remember who we played in the opening 10/11 games or so. The only two games that immediately spring to mind early that season was a brilliant win at Wolves - Adebayor and Defoe I think and the 4-0 at home against Liverpool, who weren't particularly good at the time. Those two games stand out for me because of the utter dominance we had in both, especially the Wolves game which we were magnificent.

Anyway, the Stoke game was definitely a pisser but the one that turned the season for me was the 3-2 defeat at City just after New Year. We were decent that day and had we won I think we may have went top or certainly significantly closed the gap I can't quite remember. Anyway, the decisions City got that day were criminal and after losing to an injury time penalty I don't think we really recovered and the season went off the boil for a bit.

That team though, on their day, were head and shoulders the best Spurs side of a generation but on their bad days were a bit 90's like. Spursy if you like.

Yeah I remember we were flying in the early part of that season particularly but can't really remember who we played in the opening 10/11 games or so. The only two games that immediately spring to mind early that season was a brilliant win at Wolves - Adebayor and Defoe I think and the 4-0 at home against Liverpool, who weren't particularly good at the time. Those two games stand out for me because of the utter dominance we had in both, especially the Wolves game which we were magnificent.

Anyway, the Stoke game was definitely a pisser but the one that turned the season for me was the 3-2 defeat at City just after New Year. We were decent that day and had we won I think we may have went top or certainly significantly closed the gap I can't quite remember. Anyway, the decisions City got that day were criminal and after losing to an injury time penalty I don't think we really recovered and the season went off the boil for a bit.

That team though, on their day, were head and shoulders the best Spurs side of a generation but on their bad days were a bit 90's like. Spursy if you like.

The days of Parker getting MOTM every single week haha.

Bigger issue, especially in the second half of that season, was the whole Redknapp to England thing and his court case etc. - it really seemed to have an affect on him and us. Losing to the likes of QPR and Norwich were an embarrassment and whilst we still finished 4th. We really should have finished 3rd and not had the issue with Chelsea winning the CL.

The days of Parker getting MOTM every single week haha.

Bigger issue, especially in the second half of that season, was the whole Redknapp to England thing and his court case etc. - it really seemed to have an affect on him and us. Losing to the likes of QPR and Norwich were an embarrassment and whilst we still finished 4th. We really should have finished 3rd and not had the issue with Chelsea winning the CL.
Yeah definitely true that in the end finishing 4th was a disappointment.

The second last game at Villa really sticks in the mind. Can't remember who got injured but it was a forward and HR brought on Parker instead of another forward, effectively meaning we played out a 1-1 draw. A win would have guaranteed us 3rd place.

Yeah definitely true that in the end finishing 4th was a disappointment.

The second last game at Villa really sticks in the mind. Can't remember who got injured but it was a forward and HR brought on Parker instead of another forward, effectively meaning we played out a 1-1 draw. A win would have guaranteed us 3rd place.

Danny Rose got sent off in that game too - we absolutely BATTERED them. From what I remember, they literally had 1 shot all game and scored from it and we had about 17 or so shots. We took van der Vaart off in the last minute and brought on Parker - I assume to sit in midfield whilst everyone attacked, but Defoe would have been the smarter choice for sure.

Back
Top Bottom