Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some cunts had the chance to sign him for just 25m last summer and they tried to negotiate it down. LOL.

Same with Aurier, AC Milan had their chance but only offered like 15m.

Some cunts had the chance to sign him for just 25m last summer and they tried to negotiate it down. LOL.

Same with Aurier, AC Milan had their chance but only offered like 15m.

It still amazes me that nobody came in for Toby at that price, I am super happy because we would be in major trouble without him this season, but he would have been such a fit for clubs like United or City and cured so much of their issues for a relatively cheap price (for them).

Ok so this has been winding me up for years.

Toby did a video when he signed and said how to pronounce his name.

Its not fucking Alderviereld.

its Al-duh-where-ruld.

EVERYONE gets its wrong and everytime i hear it wrong a bit of my soul has been chipped away.

I am now a vampire.

Needed the rest tonight after coming back from his injury.
Can he play in both the CP and 'Pool games?
I reckon Rodon/Dier v CP.
He's a CB in a Mourinho team. He might get the ball kicked at him a lot, but he won't be doing a lot of running.

Genuinely surprised this thread wasn't bumped.

Guy cannot jump for shit at set pieces can he?!
1v1 defending and ground blocks is all he has defensively. He's not a bomb scare but he just lacks the presence of someone like Van Dijk, Zouma, Silva, or even Stones. Just not enough bite.

1v1 defending and ground blocks is all he has defensively. He's not a bomb scare but he just lacks the presence of someone like Van Dijk, Zouma, Silva, or even Stones. Just not enough bite.

He was awful for the Firmino goal - how you gonna let Firmino outjump you!?

He is still better than most.
but he's directly at fault for so many of our set pieces goals conceded. None of our midfielders make up for this either.

At City Rodri wins a lot of aerial duels. At United McTominay does. So we need a solution to this problem.

but he's directly at fault for so many of our set pieces goals conceded. None of our midfielders make up for this either.

At City Rodri wins a lot of aerial duels. At United McTominay does. So we need a solution to this problem.

Well, Kane has usually been that solution.

But he didn't cover himself in glory either.

Well, Kane has usually been that solution.

But he didn't cover himself in glory either.
true. But at the same time United have Maguire and City have Stones and Dias, both of whom are better in the air than Toby.

Look at this. Toby didn't read the flight of the ball AT ALL. Neither did Kane, but Toby much worse

Back
Top Bottom