Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stupid to get Ndombele off, it wasn't even an offensive sub as we played the same system, but lost the most creative player. About Gio I don't disagree, very unlucky.

One of Ndombele or Lo Celso had to come off at HT as it wasn't working, and seeing as Lo Celso was our only player in the 1st half it was a no brainer choice.
Having said that Bale mean't we played the 2nd half with 10 anyway.

How Dele can't get in this side ahead of Bale or Lucas is anyone's guess.

If only...

Just noting an obviously relevant possibility. No need to get defensive. It is interesting how close we are to mid table as well actually.

Do you think we don’t know that and you pointing it out is a new world revelation?
I’m sure if we lost the next 24 games we’d go down but I don’t feel the need to point this out.

He can't run mate... am I only one seeing it?
I think so. He’s good enough to make space - Kane’s slow as anything, too. It’s not Bale 2012. He has enough to go a couple of yards to get away from defenders.

Also, I don’t know if you picked it up in the commentary, but the other team were shitting themselves from the touch line: ‘watch Bale; mark Bale’. Nobody passed to him in space so what do you expect? (No-one passed to Kane or Son, either, mind you). Rubbish performance, tbh all around, but he at least win his headers, moves the ball quickly and got himself into space for a return ball. Not his fault no-one passed to him.

Utter s***e .. I think these last 3 games have given us a bit of a reality check .

We could still be playing now and wouldn’t score. You could see the mindset wasn’t there from the beginning .

Our passing in tight areas is atrocious. Not just today but in most games . In space we can perform , but close ball control with some of our players really is laughable.

Anyway I think the question of are we gonna challenge for the title this season has been answered in the last 3 games.
We got very lucky in the Chelsea game.
Have to say performance wise in this tough period hasn’t been impressive in my opinion .

So , it’s the league cup next week. Massive game . This was one of our goals when the season started . So nothing has really changed . Back to the original plan . Win this and we are in the semi finals

The only thing that gets me through these defeats is just chuckling every time sissoko gets the ball

They money on wages alone on bale could have been spent on something we could use now or build for the future. I was excited when he came more because of his history Madrid more then with us but should we have gambled on a player that had played consistent football in two years

Thats kind of unfair Bill

None of us want to see us fail. We just want to see us trying to go out and beat the team we are playing.

JM is a great manager, a real people person and a manager of humans, its how he gets the best out of the ones he has at his disposal. I want him to succeed, but there has to be a time when we use the god given talents of out squad to go out and try to beat teams from the kick off.

When Palace equalised, we ran them into the deck, because we have good players. We can play the game as well as play the defensive breakaway tactic.
I’m fairly confident you don’t but there are an awful lot on here who only show up if we are losing or lose.

That match today is why I have refused to get carried away. And why I have refused to buy into Mourinho. Leicester are bit a better team than us. I know this is going to garner massive X’s, but I’m bored of this “football” now. I have said privately that I would stomach it for a title/cup. But I never really believed it would produce that. Cup games are obviously one offs and therefore I wouldn’t write off winning one. But fuck me my brain might be too dead to understand what’s happening by the time Hugo hoists the Carabao Tin Can above his head.

It seems that the team doesn’t have the ability to play a possession based progressive style. Like they have forgotten or lost the skills and mental/positional awareness to play in that manner.

For the first time in YEARS I’m feeling I could skip a game. It’s just not an enjoyable way to spend 2 hours.

Daniel needs to take down the motto “To dare is to do” and the quote “the game is about glory” for the next 18 months. Which is how long I can see José lasting.

Please, please José, let the footballers play football before you ruin the likes of Tanguy, Gio, Sonny and Harry for ever.

This may well be a melt. But I just don’t like the style.
I am both with you and not with you.

I think dreams of a title this year were not realistic but we are still alive in the EFL, FA and Europa League. It's too early to say it hasn't worked. If we come out of the year with nothing at all, then yes I'll be with you.

I think most people expected we'd challenge top 4 and in all three other competitions and we also expected boring football. Right now we're playing mostly boring football, are 4th, and are alive in all competitions.

And fuck Mourinho, if we have to give up the players we have to implement his sistem fuck him. A good manager builds his team around what he has, and he's not doing this, just trying to apply his dinossaur tactics in a team that has his weakness where his tactics relies the most, defense and midfield.

A good manager would make us play attacking football exploring Kane, Son, Bale, Lo Celso and Ndombele, that are our best players. It's easy for us playing attacking football and winning 6-4, or 5-3 than playing defensive and win 1-0.
A good manager wins things so let’s get to the end of the season before melting

One of Ndombele or Lo Celso had to come off at HT as it wasn't working, and seeing as Lo Celso was our only player in the 1st half it was a no brainer choice.
Having said that Bale mean't we played the 2nd half with 10 anyway.

How Dele can't get in this side ahead of Bale or Lucas is anyone's guess.
Dele has been poor, but he probably is at the same level Bale and Lucas probably. Bergwijn is still ahead of them tough.

Back
Top Bottom