Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The goal was shit from the whole team but you can’t blame Toby for taking a defensive position. He is a defender. If Sissoko’s going to run into a CB position then he needs to contest the ball when it arrives. What’s the point in running in there if you are just going to let Vardy jump?

Anyway for me the biggest mistake was Lucas. He gave a bad ball away and instead of running his bollocks off to get back and stop the cross, he jogs. He could easily have got there. I can see that being demoted to a bench player has made him lazy.

Sissoko and Lucas were to blame that second goal, absolutely.

Two players who shouldn't be anywhere near that line up.

I’ve had a chance to calm down now and re-assess this game. Unfortuently it doesn’t look any better. I was frustrated with CP, not that bad about Pool because that was always going to be tough but against Leicester, I was very annoyed at our team. From the first minute to the last, it did not look like we we’re going to win. Leicester were quicker with the transitions, quicker to the ball and overall wanted it more. I’m not sure if our team were feeling lethargic but we were very slow and sloppy and just flat.

I’m also not sure where Bale fits in this team. The obvious position when he arrived was on the right flank but unless he flicks a switch, it looks like the pace has gone. Would he more suited as a striker....?

What makes it even more annoying is that Leicester were poor, overall it was a dreadful game of football. We were so bad that they never had to get out of first gear, it was one of the easiest games they will play all season. Wait for a mistake and then let us have the ball. Exactly what we did to Woolwich.

What makes it even more annoying is that Leicester were poor, overall it was a dreadful game of football. We were so bad that they never had to get out of first gear, it was one of the easiest games they will play all season. Wait for a mistake and then let us have the ball. Exactly what we did to Woolwich.
Sounds just like the everton game tbh

The goal was shit from the whole team but you can’t blame Toby for taking a defensive position. He is a defender. If Sissoko’s going to run into a CB position then he needs to contest the ball when it arrives. What’s the point in running in there if you are just going to let Vardy jump?

Anyway for me the biggest mistake was Lucas. He gave a bad ball away and instead of running his bollocks off to get back and stop the cross, he jogs. He could easily have got there. I can see that being demoted to a bench player has made him lazy.
Lucas came on at Anfield and was jogging around like it was a Sunday stroll in the park. He’s clearly switched off since being moved to the bench. And considering his work rate is one of biggest assets, it doesn’t bode well. I’d have Dele ahead of him in the gameday squad.

Very similar. The goal they scored was similar too.

The atmosphere around both games similar too, negativity around transfers and now negativity after falling off the top of the league. Being in an empty stadium is obviously a big challenge in these negative moments.
Jose has no plan b in these types of games. Where we need a capable Mf to pull the strings to provide the link, he has Sissoko playing a full 90 who’s kryptonite is making a forward pass.

Like Willian the other day
Not good enough

Jose has some job on with some of these
No wonder he doesn’t trust most of them

Jose has no plan b in these types of games. Where we need a capable Mf to pull the strings to provide the link, he has Sissoko playing a full 90 who’s kryptonite is making a forward pass.
Problem with a plan B is having the players to expedite it
We are very limited and I don’t think some of the anti Jose posters appreciate that

A major clear out and investment required

But I still believe in Jose

Problem with a plan B is having the players to expedite it
We are very limited and I don’t think some of the anti Jose posters appreciate that

A major clear out and investment required

But I still believe in Jose
I believe in Jose for sure but he could show some flexibility with his s11 especially via these home games. Not having Sissoko in that s11 y’day would’ve improved the attack however you slice it.

I didn't read the thread cause i knew it will be a lot of melting and comments that don't make any sense.

Anyhow, Mourinho should take that lose on him. We should have used a wider rotation, Lucas, Rodon in, we needed another winger. Doherty for Aurier too because you know what can happen. Also Winks would have maybe worked out for Ndombele.

Team looked tired and that lose hurts but the most important thing is that if Mourinho knows what he did wrong. We're not far from challenging from the title and i think we can secure Champions League football this season but Mourinho needs to learn. Kane and Son isn't robots.

Next 5 games we take 13 points and then we'll see.

COYS

I didn't read the thread cause i knew it will be a lot of melting and comments that don't make any sense.

Anyhow, Mourinho should take that lose on him. We should have used a wider rotation, Lucas, Rodon in, we needed another winger. Doherty for Aurier too because you know what can happen. Also Winks would have maybe worked out for Ndombele.

Team looked tired and that lose hurts but the most important thing is that if Mourinho knows what he did wrong. We're not far from challenging from the title and i think we can secure Champions League football this season but Mourinho needs to learn. Kane and Son isn't robots.

Next 5 games we take 13 points and then we'll see.

COYS
Yeah. When both Kane and Son are off the pace, Sissoko pulling the strings in the Mf and that mental midget Aurier gifting the opponent a 1-0 lead it doesn’t bode well for a spurs result.

Leicester were terrible. They did absolutely nothing to deserve winning the game. We handed them two goals, and otherwise Hugo had nothing to do.

We were also poor in the first half, but I didn't have a huge problem with how we played until the penalty. I believe if we had gotten to half 0-0 we would've drawn worst case and probably won.

Last edited:
As bad as we were the game hinged on two moments. Aurier’s foul and Gio’s injury. I believe we could have overcome one of those things but not both.

We cannot play football unless one of Tanguy or Gio is on the pitch and even then we are still very limited. I don’t think this 4231 is a good way to play, not with Sissoko as one of the deeper midfielders. At least if we played a 433 we would get Tanguy closer to our box where he can help with the transition. He might enjoy playing at number 10 more but we find it very difficult to get him on the ball when he starts higher up.

Kane has been shit for about 3 games now, and Son hasn't been much better.
It's no co-incidence that when those two don't perform the team doesn't perform.
But we all knew that already, some other creative players need to step up, I'm talking about Lucas, Bergwjin, Bale, Dele, Lo Celso, Ndombele.
Either step up and contribute or fuck off imo
Bit difficult for Dele to contribute.

My best guess would be RM or PSG. Only other club that could probably afford the package would be City and I’m not sure he’d buy into that idea?
Does PSG really interest him? The French league is seen as weaker than ours, not much kudos winning anything there with a team that are financially doped.

Maybe Madrid, especially if Poch turns up there but I can't think of any others and I think his preference is to win stuff at Spurs. I wonder what Bale has told him about Madrid?

If we got close this season and Jose and Levy could convince him next year is the year he might hang around. Normally I'd say he must be sick of slogging his guts out for fuck all but he seems to enjoy it, his mentality is quite extraordinary after all.

I certainly wouldn't blame him for wanting something new and successful, I just hope if he does go it's not to another club here, like you, I don't think he'd do it either.

Back
Top Bottom