Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honest question, why do you assume others are hero worshipping Jose just because you have an uncomfortable fascination and somewhat sick imagined connection with Poch?

If Jose fails then he fails. Why would anyone say that losing finals and not winning anything (when that is clearly his goal) is an achievement.

It’s you that has those fucked up views not Baggio1
Where did I say anyone was hero worshiping Jose?

Yes of course I will.

But if Spurs become the first club that the great manager Mourinho fails at you won't admit it's clear evidence the issue lies with the owners.

See the difference? I'm prepared to hold my hand up and show humility . You're already showing yourself as a slimey, slippery snake who'll never admit he got it wrong.

True colours, pal.
So let me get this straight if mourinho fails to win something its down to the owners and will have nothing to do with his decisions or tactics?
And after i gave you a reasonable answer you then decide to insult me
How about this top yourself you cunt

Where did I say anyone was hero worshiping Jose?
It’s the distinct vibe you give off.....always asking people “will you admit if he fails”.

Why wouldn’t anyone? People aren’t like you are with Poch.
Speaking for myself, my connection with Jose is because he’s Spurs manager. I want him to do well, I think he will do well.

If he doesn’t, then he’s failed. What would I gain by stalking his every move for a year after he’s left us, and tug him off for winning nothing and playing diabolical football for a year then getting sacked?

I apologise you just annoyed me with your insult when i gave a reasonable response
Fair enough.

You know my stance. But I'll clear it up in case there is any confusion.

I believe Pochettino over achieved with the players at his disposal and the transfer budget afforded him by Daniel Levy.

When Poch cried out for more backing I thought he had earned the right to be listened to. Especially as he was so instrumental in the club recording world record profit margins for 2 consecutive years.

However, instead of being listened to, he was forced to work with the same overworked, blown out squad without the addition of a single new player for 2 successive transfer windows yet still somehow managed to drag the team within 90 minutes of becoming European champions.

Now. If, as you, Sammy and a few others are right and Pochettino failed / under achieved, then surely if the most decorated manager in Europe was to also fail with Spurs, then that would be irrevocable evidence that Pocchetino did, indeed, over achieve on the resources he had.

How many more managers would we have to go through for the penny to drop?

Fair enough.

You know my stance. But I'll clear it up in case there is any confusion.

I believe Pochettino over achieved with the players at his disposal and the transfer budget afforded him by Daniel Levy.

When Poch cried out for more backing I thought he had earned the right to be listened to. Especially as he was so instrumental in the club recording world record profit margins for 2 consecutive years.

However, instead of being listened to, he was forced to work with the same overworked, blown out squad without the addition of a single new player for 2 successive transfer windows yet still somehow managed to drag the team within 90 minutes of becoming European champions.

Now. If, as you, Sammy and a few others are right and Pochettino failed / under achieved, then surely if the most decorated manager in Europe was to also fail with Spurs, then that would be irrevocable evidence that Pocchetino did, indeed, over achieve on the resources he had.

How many more managers would we have to go through for the penny to drop?
I suppose the question is do you think that Levy wasn't willing to splash the cash - even though he consistently broke our record transfer - or was it the case that Poch used to say that he'll only buy players who would improve the starting 11? Additionally, we never seemed able to get rid of players to reduce the squad size to bring players in.

I love Poch but there was always an issue with some of the stuff he said. For example, have we ever really had the definitive answer to what he meant by 'being brave'?

And we all know you want Levy to fail John.
You don’t have to say it in a particular post.

As I said that’s the main difference....your bias isn’t a Spurs one, you put every club above us , every player before ours, every policy before ours, every transfer before ours, and now your here giving the next PSG manager more blowjobs

As I said that’s the main difference....your bias isn’t a Spurs one, you put every club above us , every player before ours, every policy before ours, every transfer before ours, and now your here giving the next PSG manager more blowjobs
What a load of nonsense. This is a real poor effort Sammy.
You're normally good for a debate but this is just a pathetic jumble os soundbites that don't even make a point!

You're better than this.

As for blowing Pocchetino? This is the Pochettino thread mate.

Some, like you, come here to hate. Others, like me, come here to show appreciation.

Deal with it

flag-depicting-mauricio-pochettino-manager-of-tottenham-hotspur-is-picture-id1145817040

You're normally good for a debate but this is just a pathetic jumble os soundbites that don't even make a point!

You're better than this.

Some, like you, come here to hate. Others, like me, come here to show appreciation.

Deal with it

flag-depicting-mauricio-pochettino-manager-of-tottenham-hotspur-is-picture-id1145817040

Ok John can you tell me which of our rivals you feel we have a better policy than?

Which of our rivals you feel our academy is better than?

Which of our players you would keep if you get could get rid of anyone you wanted to?

Which of our rivals managers you wouldn’t swap Jose for?

There’s not going to be much Tottenham in your answers so why exactly is it a poor effort to claim your bias isn’t Spurs?
You are absolutely green with envy at everything non Spurs and have been for ten years at least.
So go ahead and answer the questions above.

You don’t even have to type them down, but answer them honestly in your head, take a deep breath and sit back and say into the mirror:

“I hate my club”

:kanehand:

You're better than this.

Deal with it

You aren’t on this thread to show appreciation for Poch. You are on here to dig out Levy and ENIC. It’s so transparent, I don’t know why you don’t just admit it.

You aren’t on this thread to show appreciation for Poch. You are on here to dig out Levy and ENIC. It’s so transparent, I don’t know why you don’t just admit it.
He was barely anywhere to be seen until we had a bad fortnight.
Now he’s all over the gaff, and when we turn it around it will be

“why can’t we all celebrate together”

Told him before when we lift a cup, he won’t feel it. Not fully. He can’t, because he doesn’t want the chairman to be successful and a part that means he doesn’t want Jose to achieve more than Poch here.
Double edged sword for those of JTs ilk......want trophies but don’t want this regime to win them.

Pathetic

Thanks for reading my mind and posting on my behalf.

The two go hand in hand, buddy.

You can not recognise his achievment of 4 successive champions league finishes and a champions league final while also recognising he achieved it with his hands tied up and with £0.00p investment in his football team for a year and a half.

Thanks for reading my mind and posting on my behalf.

The two go hand in hand, buddy.

You can not recognise his achievment of 4 successive champions league finishes and a champions league final while also recognising he achieved it with his hands tied up and with £0.00p investment in his football team for a year and a half.

I still maintain the money was there. Poch just didn't wanna or know how to spend it

Back
Top Bottom