Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m clearly the only one living in the parallel universe where since taking over at Spurs, Mourinho has played shit manager Frank Lampards Chelsea 3x in the league.
W0
D1
L2

And we have managed a total of 5 shots on target over 270minutes of football. Fucking 5. 1 goal.

Twice only getting 1 shot on target in 90 minutes of football. We better spank them at the Lane next time out.

Makes me wonder how much frank hates Spurs. Can’t be the only reason their players seem so motivated for our games??
This is the same shit Chelsea who got top 4 last season though ?

In my universe yes. And they are a massive 3 points behind us now after 16 games in a season we have been top of the league. Go figure.
I think it’s because a lot of people , on here as well were saying they were a dead cert for the league and everyone should be scared of them after they won the transfer window, I wonder how much of them not doing so well is down to the manager or the players ?

I think it’s because a lot of people , on here as well were saying they were a dead cert for the league and everyone should be scared of them after they won the transfer window, I wonder how much of them not doing so well is down to the manager or the players ?

Probably the same who thought Everton won last years and laughed when told Ndombele would take over a season to bed in.

Or moan after 5minutes of a game how shit we are and they are going to stop watching.

in other words the clueless ones.

Chelsea are doing ok. Could they do better? Don’t watch them enough to know.

Probably the same who thought Everton won last years and laughed when told Ndombele would take over a season to bed in.

Or moan after 5minutes of a game how shit we are and they are going to stop watching.

Yeah I don’t watch them either unless they are playing us, but after spending so much in the transfer window they should be challenging , the funny thing is everyone wrote off united a few months ago and now they are a title contender again ?

I’m clearly the only one living in the parallel universe where since taking over at Spurs, Mourinho has played shit manager Frank Lampards Chelsea 3x in the league.
W0
D1
L2

And we have managed a total of 5 shots on target over 270minutes of football. Fucking 5. 1 goal.

Twice only getting 1 shot on target in 90 minutes of football. We better spank them at the Lane next time out.

Makes me wonder how much frank hates Spurs. Can’t be the only reason their players seem so motivated for our games??
They have always been a bogey side, our record at the Bridge is one of the worst records of any club in the top flight.
And like West Ham they always raise their game to the max level against us. It's up to us to start doing the same.

This thread is clearly all about laughing at Chelsea.

But putting that aside for a minute, I think the issues they are having is mainly because they are trying to gel too many players all at once, many of them from foreign leagues.
It often takes a full season for players to adapt to the Premier League.
I'd say that's the main reason they are struggling, Not Lampard, its questionable the impact Lampard is having as he's only been there for 50 odd games which is nothing. It took Klopp 3 full seasons.
I'm not saying he's a good manager and I'm not disagreeing with those claiming he is shit either, I'm simply saying for me it's too early to tell.
We know Roman is ruthless though so I'd be shocked if Lampard got much more time.

I think they have a very good squad there though and I expect them to compete for the title next season once the players have adjusted and they have gelled together as a unit.

Yeah I don’t watch them either unless they are playing us, but after spending so much in the transfer window they should be challenging , the funny thing is everyone wrote off united a few months ago and now they are a title contender again ?
dare I say Woolwich are even in with a sniff of top 4. It's been a crazy season and there are going to be plenty more twists.

I just hope that December blip for us was just a blip, if we have any more runs like that we could find ourselves back outside the top 4 and struggling.

Or the same ones that wanted N'dombele sold and said he was way worse than Gio. I keep urging against the rush to judgement especially with players new to a league or simply young. Its mad how often folk do it.

Yeah I have mentioned a while back in the United thread they were doing ok.

Media has a lot to answer for. We see it on here as well.

As someone that has watched pretty much every Chelsea match (along with every other big sides matches) it’s not about the record that has Lampard in trouble. He has no tactics and cannot make any in game adjustments.

They have not beaten a team in the top 10 yet this season. Their best win was over Sevilla in a game that didn’t matter. Werner is constantly played out of position and that is not helping his finishing struggles.

Giroud would be the best solution to their two attacking styles. 1. Pass to Giroud to hold up play with Werner and Ziyech/Pulisic playing off him. Or 2. High crosses from the fullbacks into Giroud. Instead Lampard refuses to play Giroud consistently and keeps giving Abraham chances even though he can’t head a helmet.

Then there are reports that players are done with Lampard already because he picks favorites. It’s way too early in his tenure to already lose the dressing room.

In summary, he has zero tactical awareness and his players are turning on him. His time is up. It’s only going to get worse from here.

How the heck did we not beat this shower??????

I can't stand Lampard, or his smarmy wife, TBH.
We bottled it Mrs P as we have with so many games under Jose, choosing to sit back and let the oppo play football, whilst we wait for the paint to dry. But to be fair fat Frank also bottled it against us too, leaving us poor sods to watch one of the worst derbies against them in decades. Lacking in passion, energy, bravery and chances.

Sickening to listen to all these pundits suddenly rallying around Fatso.

When its suits them they do this, when they decide otherwise they go on and on until the person in question is sacked.

I still am unsure as to the style and type of football they play, the don't seem to have an identity as a team, more like a collection of players that have just been told to go out onto the pitch and try work it out. City should have been up by 5 or 6 at half time.

I still am unsure as to the style and type of football they play, the don't seem to have an identity as a team, more like a collection of players that have just been told to go out onto the pitch and try work it out. City should have been up by 5 or 6 at half time.
Speaking to a well connected Chelsea mate earlier and he says this lack of identity is causing concern higher up.

Apparently, Lampard has also fallen out with Tomori and Abraham due to their lifestyles outwith the game. Mention was made of not trying hard enough in training so they can get away to spend time with their girlfriends and mates.

Speaking to a well connected Chelsea mate earlier and he says this lack of identity is causing concern higher up.

Apparently, Lampard has also fallen out with Tomori and Abraham due to their lifestyles outwith the game. Mention was made of not trying hard enough in training so they can get away to spend time with their girlfriends and mates.

Surely part of your job as a manager is to manage young players, not just cut them out.

Can’t imagine many kids in their early 20’s earning millions being that motivated otherwise

Surely part of your job as a manager is to manage young players, not just cut them out.

Can’t imagine many kids in their early 20’s earning millions being that motivated otherwise
Does always strike me as weird when managers chuck players under the bus. Even when Jose does it with our lot. If players aren’t motivated, what is the manager there for?

He wasn't exactly an angel when he was younger.... he was filmed 'roasting' a girl, not exactly a great example of good behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom