Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like another crock - what a shame

Poch really dropped a deuce on us here with this fraud

Looks like another crock - what a shame

Poch really dropped a deuce on us here with this fraud
Son
Sissoko
GLC
Sanchez
Llorente
Wanyama
Moura
Davies
Trippier
Dier
Alderweireld
Dele
Aurier
TND

NJie
Stmouli
Janssen
Fazio
NKoudou
Yedlin
Wimmer
Foyth
Clarke
Sess
3 x backup keepers

Bold are players either still at the club or that were fairly decent when here.
Not-bold either left and/or crap

Seems a very hit and miss history of signings.
For every Son and Alderweireld, there's a Jansen and Fazio

He's fragile to begin with but he also missed pre-season and has not really built up his condition after so many smaller injuries. Not going to be easy to get him into the starting XI regularly until he becomes more robust.

I think he can be a really good player for us but you look at his output/injuries compared to Bruno Fernandes, who we passed on in favour of the cheaper Gio, it's a bit worrying. 1 goal and 3 assists in his PL career so far, when he's fit he needs to start producing the goods. We can't wait forever, we already have one Lamela and we don't need another one.

Son
Sissoko
GLC
Sanchez
Llorente
Wanyama
Moura
Davies
Trippier
Dier
Alderweireld
Dele
Aurier
TND

NJie
Stmouli
Janssen
Fazio
NKoudou
Yedlin
Wimmer
Foyth
Clarke
Sess
3 x backup keepers

Bold are players either still at the club or that were fairly decent when here.
Not-bold either left and/or crap

Seems a very hit and miss history of signings.
For every Son and Alderweireld, there's a Jansen and Fazio
Could you take Sanchez out of the Bold bit please,its messing with my OCD

Can't believe what I'm reading. Last season he was MOTM seemingly more often than not (when fit, admittedly) and this season he hasn't been terrible, just injured a fair bit. I think the problem is people are expecting a CAM that's popping them in from the edge of the box every game not realising that Jose has him playing as more of a box to box midfielder.

It'd be interesting to see how many times he's been the guy that assists the assist. I'm pretty sure if you played him behind Kane in a traditional CAM role his stats would be far better than they currently are.

Well... let's face it... he was not pulling trees out of the ground last season either.
Yea, some folks were happy that he improved since Dec, but that being said, I still feel there was not enough creativity, not enough influence on the game.
But people want to be positive and I felt that most of the praise went over the top (well, he was supposed to be upgrade on prime Eriksen and new Modric with better scoring ratio). That can explain part of "was motm seemingly more often than not"...

And this season. Sorry, but in grand scheme of things he has been almost useless.
By now he has played 1922 minutes of EPL football. That will be out of 5130 (38 games last season+19 in current one, both played and those he will miss out on). That will be ~38% of game time. And most of the time he played ... once again... not pulling trees out of the ground. Given that he cost 48 mEUR, I don't think he has even came close to living up to that kind of investment.

I am not rushing to move him on, but I am getting more and more sceptical.
He needs to start producing and contributing on constant basis as soon as he gets back.

Last edited:
I really had high hopes for Gio. Thank goodness Tanguy has found his rhythm. Need to cut him loose and find someone else.
If we did that with all players we'd never have seen the best of;
Bale
Modric
TND himself
Son
Kane?

GLC has talent, he just doesn't seem to be able to string 3 good games together. Don't think we need to rush to sell him.

And? How many players can say they’re close to prime Eriksen?
As of right now KDB, and Fernandes are doing better than Eriksen did. Maddison is a cheap imitation but I'd still take him over Lo Celso. I'd also take Sabitzer as a 10/8 over Lo Celso.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom