Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The choice was Fernades or Locelso but there was a clause. Pochettino I feel wanted his country man. Have it on good authority that Bruno would...how did a poster put it (crawl across broken glass with his cock out) to join us. This is on Pochettino Fernades was the 100% like for like replacement for Eriksen( N'dombele was Dembele belated replacement) But Poch was certain he could convince Eriksen to recommit. This is why we never pulled the trigger on Bruno. Jose would never have got played like that one talk with Dane made him realise this was a non starter. We should be all watching Fernades at ten with N'dombele breaking the lines and War Machine clearing up behind them . Its a miss no matter how you dress it up.

Using goals (or even assists) as a statistic is a stupid metric to measure between two players who play different systems in different teams.

Bruno Fernandes has been better for Man Utd than Lo Celso has been at Spurs. Mostly out of the fact that Fernandes has kept fit and been made the main man at United.

Not out of being a better talent.

Otherwise you'd say Fernandes is the best midfielder in world football. Which everyone bar perhaps some deluded United fans would laugh at.
You can come up with whatever excuses you want, but he's putting up prime Eriksen/Kane numbers while Lo Celso is closer Moura.

You can come up with whatever excuses you want, but he's putting up prime Eriksen/Kane numbers while Lo Celso is closer Moura.

Well done him?

And James Ward-Prowse is well clear of Tanguy Ndombele and Mark Noble is better than Mousa Dembele.

Gio has scored one goal in the Premier League. One. Bruno has 19, 10 of which were not penalties. Plus that’s with Gio having a 6 month head start.

He has great talent but saying he’s better than Bruno is just daft. He can’t even stay fit while Bruno starts every game.

If you look at points won for their team he shits all over Ndombele and Lo Celso. If Fernandes played for us he’d be starting as the furthest forward of our midfield three ahead of them and with ease.

It’s some insane bias to prefer lo Celso to Fernandes. Not in the same universe. It’s like Firmino versus Kane

I don't think anyone has flat out said they prefer Lo Celso to Fernandes.

I think it's the case that most of the simpler football fans look at Fernandes' record at United and think that if you stick him in this team, he replicates the exact same form.

I'd go as far as to say that if Fernandes is in our team this season, he doesn't even have half of the goals and assists he has this season. I'd probably put it at 3 goals and perhaps 2 assists. And that's mostly because he loves a shot from distance and he'd have Kane creating for him and not Scott McTominay.

He's not particularly good off the ball and incredibly weak on it mixed in with the fact he's an odious cheat. He is however, in this United team, a player with incredible output.

Different players though played across different positions. Lo Celso was signed off being an #8 for an average Real Betis team who are the definition of mid table (16 goals and 6 assists however) and for Spurs has played #6, #8 and occasionally #10.

Fernandes was signed off the back of being the main man and a #10 for Sporting and brought in to play and be exactly that at United. Which he'd NEVER have been at Spurs.

I don't even think it's a case of "What could have been" - just like there's no guarantee Jack Grealish would have came in and developed well enough like he has been by being a big fish in a small pond at Aston Villa... and like Zaha at Palace.... and the rest.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has flat out said they prefer Lo Celso to Fernandes.

I think it's the case that most of the simpler football fans look at Fernandes' record at United and think that if you stick him in this team, he replicates the exact same form.

I'd go as far as to say that if Fernandes is in our team this season, he doesn't even have half of the goals and assists he has this season. I'd probably put it at 3 goals and perhaps 2 assists. And that's mostly because he loves a shot from distance and he'd have Kane creating for him and not Scott McTominay.

He's not particularly good off the ball and incredibly weak on it mixed in with the fact he's an odious cheat. He is however, in this United team, a player with incredible output.

Different players though played across different positions. Lo Celso was signed off being an #8 for an average Real Betis team who are the definition of mid table (16 goals and 6 assists however) and for Spurs has played #6, #8 and occasionally #10.

Fernandes was signed off the back of being the main man and a #10 for Sporting and brought in to play and be exactly that at United. Which he'd NEVER have been at Spurs.

I don't even think it's a case of "What could have been" - just like there's no guarantee Jack Grealish would have came in and developed well enough like he has been by being a big fish in a small pond at Aston Villa... and like Zaha at Palace.... and the rest.
I followed Bruno Fernandes career closely since 2016. He’s the real deal. Always been. It’s not because he’s scoring penalties at United that I say he is good. Oh and best believe Jose would LOVE him here and would love how much of a cunt and all that thing that he is.

I followed Bruno Fernandes career closely since 2016. He’s the real deal. Always been. It’s not because he’s scoring penalties at United that I say he is good. Oh and best believe Jose would LOVE him here and would love how much of a cunt and all that thing that he is.

He got abused by his own fans during the week because when he isn't scoring or assisting, he's usually doing sweet fuck all.

Gets away with it though because he does score and assist quite regularly for United, because of the large volume of penalties or because everything goes through him.

He wouldn't be our penalty taker and everything wouldn't go through him here.

I agree that Jose would have loved him here though. I also think he'd have loved Ruben Dias here, who has been excellent for City.

He got abused by his own fans during the week because when he isn't scoring or assisting, he's usually doing sweet fuck all.

Gets away with it though because he does score and assist quite regularly for United, because of the large volume of penalties or because everything goes through him.

He wouldn't be our penalty taker and everything wouldn't go through him here.

I agree that Jose would have loved him here though. I also think he'd have loved Ruben Dias here, who has been excellent for City.
Honestly you don’t think he would start for us? I see your views I really do. And while I wouldn’t trade tanguy for Bruno I would trade lo Celso for him.

Dias was the perfect fit for us. But the price. And I heard he wanted us before city, because of Jose, but it is what it is.

Honestly you don’t think he would start for us? I see your views I really do. And while I wouldn’t trade tanguy for Bruno I would trade lo Celso for him.

Dias was the perfect fit for us. But the price. And I heard he wanted us before city, because of Jose, but it is what it is.

He would start for us. Absolutely.

For the fee he'd have cost he would have to - but I don't for a single second think he is involved in 44 goals like he has been at United. I doubt he'd even be involved in half of that for Spurs. We don't play to a Bruno Fernandes' strengths.

We barely play to Ndombele's strengths and he's a generational.

The choice was Fernades or Locelso but there was a clause. Pochettino I feel wanted his country man. Have it on good authority that Bruno would...how did a poster put it (crawl across broken glass with his cock out) to join us. This is on Pochettino Fernades was the 100% like for like replacement for Eriksen( N'dombele was Dembele belated replacement) But Poch was certain he could convince Eriksen to recommit. This is why we never pulled the trigger on Bruno. Jose would never have got played like that one talk with Dane made him realise this was a non starter. We should be all watching Fernades at ten with N'dombele breaking the lines and War Machine clearing up behind them . Its a miss no matter how you dress it up.
Yes mate. Hopefully Jose wants to fill that position because as good as Ndombele is on the ball i'm not convinced he's the best no.10.

Has Lo Celso missed more minutes due to injury or tactical reasons this season??
Is he ahead of winks in the pecking order of our midfield?

He’s actually played less minutes than Sanchez and winks.
But noticeably more than Lamela and bale who love the injury room.

Bruno is glorified Dele Alli, he does fuck all during the game unless he's diving to get a cheap PK and/or converting the PK

Locelso is allround better, more complete footballer. Can influence and dictate games in a way just Bruno never could.

Bruno is glorified Dele Alli, he does fuck all during the game unless he's diving to get a cheap PK and/or converting the PK

Locelso is allround better, more complete footballer. Can influence and dictate games in a way just Bruno never could.
Yeah he dictates our games brilliantly from the physio room

I'm all for biggin up our boys but let's get real here. Lo Celso when fit is a decent player, but Fernandez is running games at utd and is undroppable for them. GLC isn't even a guaranteed starter for us this season.

This doesn't even warrant a discussion.

Has Lo Celso missed more minutes due to injury or tactical reasons this season??
Is he ahead of winks in the pecking order of our midfield?

He’s actually played less minutes than Sanchez and winks.
But noticeably more than Lamela and bale who love the injury room.

Giovani Lo Celso - Stats 20/21 | Transfermarkt

Been involved in 19 games but less than 900 minutes played - so averaging only half a game every time he plays, with only one 90 minute game played (v Antwerp so not a physically demanding game)

Mostly due to him being not fit enough.

Which is a problem when we are also carrying an ever injured Lamela.

Back
Top Bottom