Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tell me what did Winks provide? Answer sweet FA. I can’t wait till he’s out the door. Does nothing creative, wants the ball gets it and passes it back, absolute waste of space.

Sissoko is the same. I absolutely see the use of sissoko to support aurier but it's a tactic to double up on players. Totally fine when we are playing better teams. It ones in the bottom 3 we should be setting up to go with pace and creativity. Sissoko of left on should have been moved to the middle ages ago. He is not going to provide you any kind of quality out wide.

I don’t want to hear the ´players did the opposite of what I told them’ excuse from him today.

The 1st and 2nd half were night and day. In the 1st, up until the 35th minute were playing pretty fluid attacking football, putting in a whole bunch of crosses, and pass well. Seem like Mourinho told the players to sit back and counter at halftime, the players did exactly that.

No way was it the players that all of a sudden stopped wanting to attack. Fulham played the same way the entire match, same chances we had in the first would’ve been there in the 2nd had we not sit back.

Let's be honest, some of the blame goes to the players, but they are playing in the system that Jose wants them to. Their positioning, the hoofing the ball up the pitch to nobody in particular, the sitting back, those are all part of Jose's system.

I haven't paid much attention to this forum in the past month or so because of a family emergency and having to take on a care giver role.

I don't wish the pain I have gone through upon anyone, but the silver lining?

My Spurs stress level has gone down 100%.

Didn't get to watch the game because of my new responsibility and again, silver linings.
Had to take on a caregiver role in 2019 as one of my loved ones went into in-home hospice. Thank you for the reminder of perspective. I'm logging off here now and going to eat dinner with the family.

End of the day, it's a game. Best wishes (and prayers if you're a person of faith) to you and your loved one in need of care.

:dierpochhug:

So we had no good chances in the 2nd half except for one that's a goal 9/10 times?

If Son is half a foot back then Regy has a goal.

What about Moussa's dribble right into the box that if he could just have shot or laid off instead of tripping over his own feet would have been a great chance?

I swear some people do not even watch these matches.
SIssoko dribbling into the box is not a good chance. If Son was on is like if my aunt had balls she had my uncle. Both of those came after the we conceded.

We had ONE SINGLE GOOD chance the second half that we did not create.

And Hojberg falling out of the game after yet another stupid yellow.

Yeah very good point. That was a big turning point, he just shepherded Fulham players about to do as they please after that and they totally overran us through midfield until the end of the game.

Dumb from him.

I'm pretty mad but what I will say is a mentally has set in. Amongst the fans, the players, the management. No disrespect to Fulham who I thought played really well. Back to us, we score, we don't score again and bingo bingo, you know what happens next.
Everyone on here was screaming for a sub at half time, yet no.
This is going to cost us. And Jose.

Players arent good enough manager not good enough. Dont have the intelligence on the field to feel how the game is going and change it. Same on the line. We pressed against a fit dynamic leeds team and won easily. Play a Shit team tonight we sit back passive cant pass cant step up intensity. Fucking pathetic from players and managment.
And whats the story with this amazing coach supposedly with mourinho. ???
What the fuck is he bringing

I love Sissoko but gosh he looks relieved when he passes and he is no longer on the ball. Plus even a 5 yard pass looks like it takes monumental concentration.
Still a couple of decent runs into the box tonight.
Sissoko has a role against the stronger teams as a DM disruptor, but against weaker opposition when we should be dominating and making the most of possession he shouldn’t be a firstpick

I'm not a José fan by a long chalk. But even with his selection and tactics, we should have cruised to a win tonight. It's not like we didn't have the opportunities.

Son the biggest offender in wasting chances. Missed 2 absolutely golden chances and one good effort which the keeper kept out very well. But the Højbjerg "backpass" among others were at least as much to blame as Mourinho and his game plan.

I'm pretty mad but what I will say is a mentally has set in. Amongst the fans, the players, the management. No disrespect to Fulham who I thought played really well. Back to us, we score, we don't score again and bingo bingo, you know what happens next.
Everyone on here was screaming for a sub at half time, yet no.
This is going to cost us. And Jose.
Jose’s not going anywhere. Levy loves him. Doesn’t matter where we end up.

In amongst the somewhat justifiable melting: a quick note of praise for Scotty P - I think he has Fulham playing very well given their squad and tactically he did very well this evening. Certainly smarter subs than José's.
Agreed. Wasn't unexpected either given their improvement since October. I'm a fan of a polo neck as well, if that counts.

Son had a nightmare today, missed 2x high probable goals, offside for the cross at the end which resulted in an offside goal.
We should have had 4 goals tonight.

Refuse to blame the manager when we did more that enough to win the game
I bet you credit him when we win though.

This is how it works with Jose, when it's successful, it's Mourinho masterclass bullshit. When it doesn't work, it's the players fault.

Back
Top Bottom