Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son had a nightmare today, missed 2x high probable goals, offside for the cross at the end which resulted in an offside goal.
We should have had 4 goals tonight.

Refuse to blame the manager when we did more that enough to win the game
You even sound like Jose!

would you blame the manager for the reoccurring pattern that is going 1-0 up , sitting back and failing to win the game????

Not seen you on here for the last few weeks.
We had 5 clear cut chances to win the game but you blame the manager.
You my friend are fucking clueless
Been on here practically every day as per usual.

It was a draw at home, against a bottom of the table side who wasn't even expecting to play a game 3 days ago, who probably deserved more out of the game than we did on account of them playing the much, much, much better football on the night. They also had clear cut chances!!!! But guess what neither side took them.

This style of awful football Jose has us play week in, week out leaves us with nothing if it doesn't result in a win. We drew and because it was yet another awful watch as 90% of our games are, a draw is like a loss.

I've defended many a Tottenham performance where we've lost because we played the better football, I'll almost always defend my team if we play the better football and drop points.

Defending Jose having just watched that shit is the very definition of clueless!

Had to take on a caregiver role in 2019 as one of my loved ones went into in-home hospice. Thank you for the reminder of perspective. I'm logging off here now and going to eat dinner with the family.

End of the day, it's a game. Best wishes (and prayers if you're a person of faith) to you and your loved one in need of care.

:dierpochhug:
Appreciate it!

AVB had peak Bale. For one season.
Mourinho has peak Kane. Peak Son. Peak Lloris. An all round different level squad to the dross AVB had, particularly in his second season. Totally incomparable.
I didn’t start the comparison? Jose has Kane / Son / Lloris for one season so far...AVB had Bale, Dembele, Verts...?

Also got sacked for not being great.

I don’t want to hear the ´players did the opposite of what I told them’ excuse from him today.

The 1st and 2nd half were night and day. In the 1st, up until the 35th minute were playing pretty fluid attacking football, putting in a whole bunch of crosses, and pass well. Seem like Mourinho told the players to sit back and counter at halftime, the players did exactly that.

No way was it the players that all of a sudden stopped wanting to attack. Fulham played the same way the entire match, same chances we had in the first would’ve been there in the 2nd had we not sit back.
Exactly, and Jose could see the same thing we could all see, he could see us retreating and them being a yard quicker to every ball in the 2nd half and yet he did nothing to stem the tide.
We needed to make 2-3 positive substitutions around the 60th minute to change the way the game was going, Fulham were starting to come at us in waves.
No one can defend the manager tonight

1 header from 5 yards fucking head it down.
1 one on one with the keeper and 1 shot from 5 yards from a cross all clear cut chances.
disagree, 2 of those are difficult techniques , sometimes you can pull them off and sometimes you dont, the one that hit the post was a scuffed fuck up but I think we can allow Son to be human once in a while considering what he does and how many he's scored this year.

I don’t want to hear the ´players did the opposite of what I told them’ excuse from him today.

The 1st and 2nd half were night and day. In the 1st, up until the 35th minute were playing pretty fluid attacking football, putting in a whole bunch of crosses, and pass well. Seem like Mourinho told the players to sit back and counter at halftime, the players did exactly that.

No way was it the players that all of a sudden stopped wanting to attack. Fulham played the same way the entire match, same chances we had in the first would’ve been there in the 2nd had we not sit back.
And even if it was the players who decided to sit back and not attack, the manager has the power to change that. He should be SCREAMING at them to push forward, attack etc. Make a few subs if players aren't doing it. Whatever is happening, the players are following orders. 3 DMs in a starting line up sets the tone and the players don't pick the side.

Been on here practically every day as per usual.

It was a draw at home, against a bottom of the table side who wasn't even expecting to play a game 3 days ago, who probably deserved more out of the game than we did on account of them playing the much, much, much better football on the night. They also had clear cut chances!!!! But guess what neither side took them.

This style of awful football Jose has us play week in, week out leaves us with nothing if it doesn't result in a win. We drew and because it was yet another awful watch as 90% of our games are, a draw is like a loss.

I've defended many a Tottenham performance where we've lost because we played the better football, I'll almost always defend my team if we play the better football and drop points.

Defending Jose having just watched that shit is the very definition of clueless!
XG which you love so much had us up 3-1

I guess it’s no more complicated than picking Sanchez and Dier as your CB and adding in Winks and Sissoko.

the more I see the goal the more it’s on Sanchez and Dier. And the stats don’t allow for hiding space we don’t have a CM forward ball player.

The best teams win by keeping the ball. We’re too happy to give it away and just defend.

Kane and Son had the least touches of all outfield players, that’s awful. I’m all for Mourinho winning us a trophy, but I can’t keep watching us try and see out a 1-0 win when we all know what happens.

Son had a nightmare today, missed 2x high probable goals, offside for the cross at the end which resulted in an offside goal.
We should have had 4 goals tonight.

Refuse to blame the manager when we did more that enough to win the game
He did, but I'm not going to criticize one of the best players in the league. Its the 9 behind Son and Kane that deserve a kick in the fucking balls, none of them deserve to lace up Kane or Sons boots...

Ok maybe you can take Hugo out of that as he had zero saves to make and made no errors.

But I've not seen a team carried so hard by two players as this team

I know Mr. Levy is all about the star quality of manager Jose.. but really if you are a neutral and you see a Spurs game is on the box are you really going to watch it knowing the dross that’s being served up?

Back
Top Bottom