Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly, and Jose could see the same thing we could all see, he could see us retreating and them being a yard quicker to every ball in the 2nd half and yet he did nothing to stem the tide.
We needed to make 2-3 positive substitutions around the 60th minute to change the way the game was going, Fulham were starting to come at us in waves.
No one can defend the manager tonight
I think this was why he brought Coco on...but where are the consistent match-changers on the bench? I get why he doesn’t trust bringing on Bale / Dele in this situation - it may pay off, but it might also make it worse.
I guess he’s quad depth (as shown in EL games) is nowhere near as deep as it looks on paper.

If the players aren't doing what he's telling them to, why did he only make 2 subs, and why did he wait until after 70 minutes to do so?
We have very little attacking quality on our bench tonight.
Dele poor for 2 years sell.
Moura poor sell.
Vinicius should have been on sooner.
Bergwijn injured.
Bale finished at this level.
Who else do we have

I think this was why he brought Coco on...but where are the consistent match-changers on the bench? I get why he doesn’t trust bringing on Bale / Dele in this situation - it may pay off, but it might also make it worse.
I guess he’s quad depth (as shown in EL games) is nowhere near as deep as it looks on paper.
yeah but Coco was after they scored wasn't it?

Get in someone like nagelssman or hassnhuttl. An attack minded coach
Best thing that could happen for these players. Its our strength. If we can just sneak a win in the final against city, jose leaves on ok terms in the summer with a much needed trophy. Then the next phase begins.

I can see it now.

The year is 2041 and on the fighting cock forum countless fans are imploring 89 year old Daniel Levy to sack his 27th manager after yet another disappointing performance.

Poch has just won his first trophy.
He deserves it. But that does illustrate, albeit to an absurd degree, how easy it is to just go somewhere else and win something. Probably caught the attention of some Spurs players as well tbh.

Last edited:
It’s so hard to try and get the energy to watch the next game this season. Like I don’t know if I could be fucked to watch Sheffield this weekend and I always find a way to watch. This is just mentally exhausting. This isn’t Tottenham

All these posters crying for Dele today are probably the same ones who were ripping into him when he was playing regularly.

If he came on and did nothing then they'd rip into him again.

Awful result but let's face it...half the people in here would be whinging if we had hung on to win.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...some people post as if it's the opposition's duty to let us win and if we don't win by 4+ every match then there's a list they work through to throw to the wolves.

I've no idea what my point is with this tho. Just typing for the sake of typing!

Really pissed off with tonight. Why did we play 3 holding players against Fulham? Wrong team selection whilst Moura, Bale and Dele are not playing well we needed one of them instead of either Winks or Sissoko. Son, Holjberg and Kane should all of scored the 2nd but this losing leads is becoming oh so,predictable. We will not end up top 4 with this selection and need to stop conceding late goals.

It’s so hard to try and get the energy to watch the next game this season. Like I don’t know if I could be fucked to watch Sheffield this weekend and I always find a way to watch. This is just mentally exhausting. This isn’t Tottenham
I'm reaching that point, I may as well just accept it and hop on that train as I'm heading in that direction anyway and the destination is obvious.

And yet Kane is also having a worldie season in terms of goals and assists.

Who do we congratulate for that?
Kane. Because great players will always come through but he'd be knocking a lot more in if after we go ahead we push for more. It's always going to be him involved in scoring or assisting. In the end it's all about our results as we've dropped a lot of points now from games like this

I'm done now. That game has ended any expectations I had from this season.

We may get lucky in the final and win a cup. I hope we somehow scrap our way to top 4. I am not sure there is much else to say really. We all see and predict what is going to happen. Better to not get stressed by it.

I think Jose gets to the end of the season and if we get the league Cup then great. But I think we need to consider a new manager regardless of what happens in the final. I would happily allow Jose to work to the end of his contract if he demonstrated that we would kill off games by scoring more goals. But since I do not see that happening it is time to part ways.

Everyone will be happy if we win the cup and then part ways in the summer. Jose gets to keep his trophy run going. We end that trophy drought and move onto a manager that might make better use of the squad.

The squad needs a revamp but no point doing that if Jose leaves. Just wait for the new manager.

I can easily say that players like Aurier, Sanchez need to be moved on. We have been saying this for ages now. Sissoko probably too. Bale and Vini will be sent back.

Flogging Dele etc is pointless because another manager will probably be able to get a tune out of them.

Basically the League Cup final is all or nothing quite literally. Maybe they should make an amazon doc for that.

Back
Top Bottom