Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's in midfield I was hoping for him to make some runs up the pitch maybe play some through balls or just add a touch of creativity.

He does nothing, and no that's not enough and never will be.
You do realise he's our deepest midfielder right? He's there to receive the ball from the back, and move it forward. He recycles the play well and made numberous important interceptions today. His passing was tidy, and the goal was caused by the players around him making mistakes - it wasn't anything winks could help? I think your posting now just for the likes on the forum sadly. Or maybe you were expecting winks to be the next coming of Zidane a few years ago?

Because we were so amazing when he was on the pitch too.....

Stop coping he's shit and needs moving on simple, brutal and true.
hes well out of his depth. but then we are never going to keep the ball with the donkeys at the back we have, then winks or sissoko in midfield...how on earth you expected to keep the ball with players who are simply not good enough. winks negative ,nothing football invites pressure onto our donkey back line, who then get the ball and are incompetent with it at their feet, then midfield has the same problem if we dont have ndombele or gio in there....we need a midfielder who can actually play a bit badly. have a midfield without winks or sissoko in there and we will be able to get hold of the ball in midfield properly and play some decent stuff, trouble is only hojbjerg,ndom and gio are our competent midfielders so we need to get a proper CM in...two of them share games ffs

You do realise he's our deepest midfielder right? He's there to receive the ball from the back, and move it forward. He recycles the play well and made numberous important interceptions today. His passing was tidy, and the goal was caused by the players around him making mistakes - it wasn't anything winks could help? I think your posting now just for the likes on the forum sadly. Or maybe you were expecting winks to be the next coming of Zidane a few years ago?
HE RECYCLES THE PLAY!

There it is ladies and gentlemen the cope of the century, you see it's ok for Winks to back pass it every 2 seconds because he, (say it with me), recycles the play!

The fact that so many Spurs fans are ok with a clogger like Winks at the club shows how used to mediocrity we have become how accepting of being average we really are.

I genuinely dont notice him when he is on the pitch

He never stinks the place out but he never does anything good

He is just there , almost invisible

HE RECYCLES THE PLAY!

There it is ladies and gentlemen the cope of the century, you see it's ok for Winks to back pass it every 2 seconds because he, (say it with me), recycles the play!

The fact that so many Spurs fans are ok with a clogger like Winks at the club shows how used to mediocrity we have become how accepting of being average we really are.
Ladies and gentlemen? Jeez you really love the likes don't you. I don't think you get that his job is to make himself available for a pass as much as he can. Some of the passes are only a couple of yards, and some do go sideways, but it's that sort of play from time to time which helps ease pressure, or gets us up the field 10/20 yards when playing so deep. Jose's tactics don't particularly suit Winks, but he's a tidy footballer who doesn't deserve Muppets within his own fan base hating on him everytime he puts on a spurs shirt.

He was invisible and contributed to us losing the handle of the game allowing Fulham getting to us.

Once he's off, while we're not great, with 11 men, we could at least pushed up the pitch again, and put some pressure on Fulham. That's better.
There was no pressure once he went off at all. We were even worse. Sissoko must have naked pics of mourinho to continually get picked and stay on the pitch
This winks agenda is mental anyone calling son a cunt in his thread?

It infuriates me that people make excuses for a player that's had about 4 quality performances in 6 years. Never takes a game by the scruff of the neck. Never dictates or has the bollocks to go and make things happen. Doesn't score doesn't assist doesnt rally the team. But he's good at receiving the ball then moving it 2 yards sideways or backwards usually putting people under pressure because he doesnt have the bollocks to take on the responsibility and that makes him a good midfield player.

There was no pressure once he went off at all. We were even worse. Sissoko must have naked pics of mourinho to continually get picked and stay on the pitch
This winks agenda is mental anyone calling son a cunt in his thread?
Son tested the keeper multiple times forcing him into some impressive saves and most consider his performance to have been below average.

What did Winks do exactly during this "amazing" performance of his?

Son tested the keeper multiple times forcing him into some impressive saves and most consider his performance to have been below average.

What did Winks do exactly during this "amazing" performance of his?
Son tested the keeper so his job is to test the keeper is it? Son was shit
I again never said winks was amazing he was better then hojbjerg tonight imo so to even try to put this on him when our manager chose to pick a team negatively and shat himself against fulham and Parker is ridiculous

Son tested the keeper so his job is to test the keeper is it? Son was shit
I again never said winks was amazing he was better then hojbjerg tonight imo so to even try to put this on him when our manager chose to pick a team negatively and shat himself against fulham and Parker is ridiculous
Ahh now you're putting words in my mouth nowhere did I say this result was all because of Winks and the manager had no part to play.

If Wanks had a few more tattoos and fade in his hair I can guarantee you people would not be defending his bang average performances game in game out.

WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH?

What did Winks do exactly during this "amazing" performance of his

It infuriates me that people make excuses for a player that's had about 4 quality performances in 6 years. Never takes a game by the scruff of the neck. Never dictates or has the bollocks to go and make things happen. Doesn't score doesn't assist doesnt rally the team. But he's good at receiving the ball then moving it 2 yards sideways or backwards usually putting people under pressure because he doesnt have the bollocks to take on the responsibility and that makes him a good midfield player.
You have a short memory. Winks has had plenty of strong games for us. Been a strong and willing player for us for years now. He's had quality games against top Madrid teams, and I remember him being our best player in the final of the champions League too. I don't really see anyone raving about him being the best in the world or anything, it's just mind boggling how our own fans can put so much hate on him. Youth academy product and life long spurs fan aside - the guy is still in our top 15ish players in the club and is far from being deserved of the hate and stick he gets. He seems like a bit of a confidence player anyway. Maybe with the support he needs and without this agenda the lad would be more willing to play more expansive football?

I demand to know why our holding midfielder doesn’t do the job of a number ten.
Winks didn't even do holding midfield job when thing gets tough.

Never in position to receive pass when his teammates need a someone to pass to. Even Sissoko as bad as he was when he received the pass, ain't coward to hide from this resposibility

Then stuffs like running back, putting your body in the line blocking shot, covering space our defenders leaving when marking. Again Sissoko did it even at bad period of the game for our team.

That's part of holding midfielder job. And let's not pretend, Winks did his job with his passing from holding midfielder position. He passed to our limited players how opposition would want!

Last edited:
Ahh now you're putting words in my mouth nowhere did I say this result was all because of Winks and the manager had no part to play.

If Wanks had a few more tattoos and fade in his hair I can guarantee you people would not be defending his bang average performances game in game out.

WHEN IS IT EVER ENOUGH?
He was nowhere near the worst player.
We started with an 11 put out there to nullify fulham a.k.a Barcelona in mourinhos eyes
Sissoko was beyond shit
Son was shit
Ndombele was fucked 2nd half
Hojbjerg was slightly off it
But lets blame winks

Back
Top Bottom