Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've thrown a serious amount of points away this season due to tactical decisions - i can't think of many (any?) that haven't come from sitting back and letting teams come at us?

Why is he making the same mistakes again and again?

If it weren't for his name he'd be facing the chop

Just got home but there is a disconcerting pattern emerging with Mou here already... very weak mentality, always dropping points and conceding late, scared of mistakes and now unhappy players (Dele insta story is not a good look tbh) and blaming the draws on "individual quality" of the defenders.

I get the tough love strategy on Ndombele because he was having issues, but blaming Sanchez/Dier/Aurier or whoever for being individually shit doesn't really work when you're the one playing them ahead of alternatives. Everyone knows Sanchez is shit, why isn't Toby or Rodon playing???

We’ve just settled into a real malaise of mediocre form now, just 1 win and 7 points from last 7. It’s got to the stage now where I have no great confidence of us winning any given game. We make every team look good and we give hope to every team as they feel once they are within a goal of us, they have every chance of picking up something.

We are at bottom of the table Sheffield United next on Sunday, who failed to win any of their first 17 league games. They finally got that first win last night and will really fancy it now on Sunday. I wouldn’t have any great confidence in us winning. That’s what I’m reduced to at this stage.
Fearing the worst against the bottom of the table side who are half way to been relegated already.

I’m not going to go into why that was, we’ll probably disagree on it.

But I’d rather watch that than what we are watching now. Just a personal preference.
The 3-0 defeat away at Brighton away was one of the worst displays I have seen in a long time.
His contempt for domestic trophies was a disgrace.
We lost to Colchester and also failed to beat either Rochdale or Newport under Poch I think it was clear to see he needed replacing.

Weird to think we was top not so long ago and i thought we was going to be fighting it from that point as we looked like a Jose team as just played some big teams then all of a sudden we get a opponent we should be beating and we ended up drawing and it all went down hill from there.

The defeat at Anfield was a huge blow to the squad, that’s very clear. We had 1st place in our hands and threw it away on a corner kick. Similar to how we lost the CL final, our weak minded squad needs a lot of time to get over that type of defeat. You can see that we don’t have the same belief anymore that we had in the matches against City, Chelsea and Woolwich.

We’ve gone limp and Mourinho needs to find a way to reenergise the team. Perhaps now is the time to bring Dele in from the cold and challenge him to revive the team.

Levy will weigh up the cost of sacking him against the cost of a disgruntled fan base.
If sacking him gets the fans back on board for another couple of years that'swhat he'll do
You're right, I just think that unless we end catastrophically bad this year, he'll stay for at least another 5-6 months into next season.

Buyout will be lower than his remaining contract. Levy only paid Pochettino and his staff £12.5m when he had over £30m left on his contract.
Mmmh hope so, Mou+Mendes aren't exactly known for allowing those sort of clauses though and got a lot of money from Chelsea when he was sacked and we're deep in bed with Mendes already, but hope you're right.

The 3-0 defeat away at Brighton away was one of the worst displays I have seen in a long time.
His contempt for domestic trophies was a disgrace.
We lost to Colchester and also failed to beat either Rochdale or Newport under Poch I think it was clear to see he needed replacing.
The 3-0 defeat was truly shit but no worse than the crap we’ve been served in some games under Mourinho this and last season.

No one is denying that Poch needed to be replaced, it looked like he was also spent and maybe the players were too. You keep crying about domestic trophies, maybe you need reminding that we played in a League Cup final in Poch’s first season? Then we played a couple of FA Cup semis.

Back
Top Bottom