Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still not sure what we got for our 60 million quid really. Sure he looks decent on the ball and can beat a man but he's a long way off convincing me we didn't have our pants pulled down a bit.

Needs to do much more to influence a game like tonight

Ndombele was great in the first half I thought. Probably our best player.

Didn't do much in the second except for setting up our best chance. Still think we'd be best off with him in midfield and play Dele in his spot, but there's no indication that's going to happen.

Some good moments in the first 45 but disappeared in the second half, ran out of legs completely. Yes he put Son through for the woodwork shot but that was the only decent thing he did in the second 45, he had one tired pass that was so bad it almost cost us a goal.

Very disappointing considering he had a rest at the weekend. Yes he wasn’t the only player to have a poor second half but as our only technical midfielder we really need him to show more. If he isn’t involved in the game then we cease to exist.

Ah here we go.

Failed to win, so its the usual suspects who get the abuse.

Son was worse. Has his thread been bumped?
Son wasn't great, no but then his contribution this season speaks for itself.

I know that some people are all over the guy like he's the second coming. For 55 million or whatever it was i'm not seeing enough. I can see why people like him, he's about the only player we've got that will try and beat a man and in these barren times for entertainment that's something but I just think he could be doing more to put his stamp on games.

Come and grab the ball off the centre half when we can't string 2 passes together, just inject a bit of urgency into the team.

Thought he was good in the first half and easily muscled off the ball in the second half, however the whole team was so bloody awful in the second half (again) that I think it’s down to tactics than personnel.

People keep saying £60m he has to deliver more, can we do the same with the manager? £15m he has to deliver more.

Son wasn't great, no but then his contribution this season speaks for itself.

I know that some people are all over the guy like he's the second coming. For 55 million or whatever it was i'm not seeing enough. I can see why people like him, he's about the only player we've got that will try and beat a man and in these barren times for entertainment that's something but I just think he could be doing more to put his stamp on games.

Come and grab the ball off the centre half when we can't string 2 passes together, just inject a bit of urgency into the team.

What's Sons contributions this season have to do with his wank performance today?

Go bump his thread and call out his performance.

What's Sons contributions this season have to do with his wank performance today?

Go bump his thread and call out his performance.

I'm referring to Ndombeles performance in the context of the season, not just today. That's why Son's contribution over the season is relevant since you asked. The guys that have carried us this season obviously buy themselves a bit of good will with the odd average performance.

When you compare him to other players bought in for the same price bracket some fancy footwork now and again don't cut the mustard with me. Needs to be winning games for us with stand out performances on a regular basis for that sort of money.

Ah here we go.

Failed to win, so its the usual suspects who get the abuse.

Son was worse. Has his thread been bumped?
You have a point but Ndombele has a number of rabid defenders who would pretend he wasn't doing poorly if he was pissing on the club crest and scoring three own goals a game.

It just irks a lot of people that you're not allowed to criticize him.

It was the same with Sanchez a year or two back - even legitimate concerns are mocked and ridiculed as histrionics.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he apparently played poorly (I was unable to watch the game but yeah) after playing full games recently - kind of crushes the argument that he just gets subbed out for no reason by Mourinho. It's obvious he can't keep up the tempo for full games back to back.

I'm referring to Ndombeles performance in the context of the season, not just today. That's why Son's contribution over the season is relevant since you asked. The guys that have carried us this season obviously buy themselves a bit of good will with the odd average performance.

When you compare him to other players bought in for the same price bracket some fancy footwork now and again don't cut the mustard with me. Needs to be winning games for us with stand out performances on a regular basis for that sort of money.

Why?

We signed a number 8 who barely scored and assisted for alot of money.

Why should we be expecting something different from him?

If you're expecting something different from someone who hasn't done what you were expecting. Then that's on you. Not Ndombele.

Winks was correct , just the tactic was shitty with Sissoko playing RW ...
José don't want use Bale , Dele , Moura , Lamela .. So Levy need to do something or we will miss the top4 again

Why?

If you're expecting something different from someone who hasn't done what you were expecting. Then that's on you. Not Ndombele.
If we could recoup our money I would sell him tomorrow.
He only works when he has the ball at his feet.
Yet again 60 minutes and he is fucked and has not played a game in 11 days

Just calling it as I see it.
Why?

I don’t see what he’s doing for you to think he’s justified that price tag. I never said I expect him to bang in 15/20 goals but big players have big impacts in games on a regular basis. Whether that’s at centre half or centre forward.

He’s shown flashes he can have an impact but that’s it. We agree on one thing though, he’s not a number 10

Just calling it as I see it.

I don’t see what he’s doing for you to think he’s justified that price tag. I never said I expect him to bang in 15/20 goals but big players have big impacts in games on a regular basis. Whether that’s at centre half or centre forward.

He’s shown flashes he can have an impact but that’s it. We agree on one thing though, he’s not a number 10

Unlike you, I don't judge a player on the one thing they cant control. Their price tag.

But yes, he's not a #10.

Back
Top Bottom