Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diers freekick 25 yards out first 15min
Hojbjerg “strike”
Kane goal
Sons header first half
Sons toe from 6 yards out from a cross
Sons one on one hit post
Winks shot 35yards from corner
Sissoko dribble past a couple into 6 yard box couldn’t find a pass to son or Kane or take shot. Minute 46
Reguilon 87min offside goal

These were all decent/good opportunities to score. 2 would have done, how many do they want, maybe a bit of luck.

Reguilon also had a free opportunity early in the game that he hit over the bar. The chances were there.

My bigger issue is that most of those come before the 60 minute mark. We cleary slow down around then and the opposition has been able to pick one off of us. I think Jose should be looking for more offensive subs a bit earlier even with us ahead.

ErpjUK9XcAgIEZK
What the fuck happened to our shape in the second half??
to be honest, both images are shocking

You even sound like Jose!

would you blame the manager for the reoccurring pattern that is going 1-0 up , sitting back and failing to win the game????
But we really didn't sit back in the 2nd half... they looked dangerous counter attacking us.
We were trying to get the 2nd, only once they scored we really threw the sink at it

All these posters crying for Dele today are probably the same ones who were ripping into him when he was playing regularly.

If he came on and did nothing then they'd rip into him again.

Awful result but let's face it...half the people in here would be whinging if we had hung on to win.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...some people post as if it's the opposition's duty to let us win and if we don't win by 4+ every match then there's a list they work through to throw to the wolves.

I've no idea what my point is with this tho. Just typing for the sake of typing!
Dele would definitely have contributed zero, had he come on, and I just don't understand all those people singing his praises after the Marine game, when they were a vastly inferior side to any team we'd play against in the Premier League. I'm not picking on him only, as there are other passengers in the squad, just agreeing with you.

Reguilon also have a free opportunity early in the game that he hit over the bar. The chances were there.

My bigger issue is that most of those come before the 60 minute mark. We cleary slow down around then and the opposition has been able to pick one off of us. I think Jose should be looking for more offensive subs a bit earlier even with us ahead.
I don’t know what happened between minute 50-75 that period. Like they didn’t know whether to all attack together or all defend together.
minute 50-55 we were desperate for a couple of subs didn’t happen, before they scored their goal

we concede then get desperate Vini and lamela come on too late

so many problems to solve in this team

He did, but I'm not going to criticize one of the best players in the league. Its the 9 behind Son and Kane that deserve a kick in the fucking balls, none of them deserve to lace up Kane or Sons boots...

Ok maybe you can take Hugo out of that as he had zero saves to make and made no errors.

But I've not seen a team carried so hard by two players as this team
I think we played fine as a unit today, the only square peg was Sissoko on the right
I think everybody could see that was a bad decision from the start

N'Dombele was pretty much the only player this evening looking for a forward pass, and was tracking back and winning balls
He was quite wasteful before he was taken off trying to beat players whilst surrounded in his own half. Lost the ball many times. Time and place for some of that shit. I do see why Jose doesn't keep him on but there is a good replacement in Dele. Dele and bale should have been on.

Last edited:
Fulham....bottom of the league crap. Haven't trained due to COVID. And we start a midfield of Sissoko, Winks and Holberg.

Is Jose trolling Levy to force him to buy a midfielder and replace Dele?

Dele should be one of the first names on the teamsheet; instead we play Sissoko; out of position ahead of him.

I don’t want to hear the ´players did the opposite of what I told them’ excuse from him today.

The 1st and 2nd half were night and day. In the 1st, up until the 35th minute were playing pretty fluid attacking football, putting in a whole bunch of crosses, and pass well. Seem like Mourinho told the players to sit back and counter at halftime, the players did exactly that.

No way was it the players that all of a sudden stopped wanting to attack. Fulham played the same way the entire match, same chances we had in the first would’ve been there in the 2nd had we not sit back.

Exactly what I had said. Came out a totally different side. The first half was almost not Jose at all as we never go for a second goal normally. We had a higher line and created a lot more. I'm certain had that continued we'd have won. But that half time team talk changed everything and we reverted to type.

Harry is obviously great and all.....but if he's gonna spend so much time way back in the midfield can we please play Vini as well? It's a bit mad, our main striker is spending so much time playing deep looking up to play a pass to where he, himself, should be. So may as well put Vini up there to give him something to aim for.

You even sound like Jose!

would you blame the manager for the reoccurring pattern that is going 1-0 up , sitting back and failing to win the game????
Don't see why anyone defends Jose. Just like all those other games, it's not a goal against the run of play. we are continuely getting pushed and pressured for 15-20 minutes before equaliser comes and Jose does nothing to change the game. There is no real build up, it's just hoof long and give up possession.

We have very little attacking quality on our bench tonight.
Dele poor for 2 years sell.
Moura poor sell.
Vinicius should have been on sooner.
Bergwijn injured.
Bale finished at this level.
Who else do we have
It's true but that's what we have, they will make little impact just sitting on the bench. I mean it's fucking Fulham. Most of those are definitely good enough to help us overcome Fulham!

And Hojberg falling out of the game after yet another stupid yellow.
Thought he was bang average tonight, aside from the excellent ball to Reg for the goal he was way off it first half, Winks had a better first half in my opinion.

Sis was piss poor throughout and it's long overdue that he was hooked, a footballer who struggles with some of the basics really isn't what's required.

We basically destroyed our midfield with the subs and the attacking tactics seemed to consist of lumping the ball forward from the back, no football, no angles, little possession and even less pressure.

Jose doesn't have the answer, maybe his coaches do but if they do he's not listening to them. Top 4 is looking tough, the football is proving tougher to watch.

It's true but that's what we have, they will make little impact just sitting on the bench. I mean it's fucking Fulham. Most of those are definitely good enough to help us overcome Fulham!
They have had very little impact on any league game they have played in this season

Back
Top Bottom